![]() |
I failed.
Last night, I was sitting in my room and I felt a sudden wave of depression come over me, everything horrible that has happened to me these past few months just rushed through me. I had not cut for almost two years, and I failed last night. I felt like I needed a way to escape. And it worked, for a short time. Now I just feel ashamed, and like a failure. And that brings more urges. Please, Help me. |
You're not alone man, happened to me..
It's not a matter of numbers, you know, all they do is make you think. It's about how you want to feel, and that's up to you, regardless of anything that's happened. Chin up. |
Try not to let it take you by surprise, or it can become overwhelming sometimes. I know what its like to harm after a long time of being free. You can beat this, you already did. Next time when you feel urges coming on, find something to do that can keep your hands busy. That way your not focusing on the "negative".
Rach |
Definitely do not focus on numbers. It becomes an obsession. I couldn't focus on anything but knowing how many days I hadn't cut. And when I slipped, I hated myself more for ruining the streak of freedom. It also made the temptation so much worse since I was thinking about it all the time. So, I too would advise finding something to do with your hands (I like baking for my friends) and forget the numbers. Numbers only make you feel more guilty. Every day is a new day. You've got this. Tell yourself you won't cut for a day, or just in the next hour. Small steps make for longterm improvement and help you feel less overwhelmed. PM me if you want to talk.
|
hey hun! how are you doing now? betterish??
|
Your not a failure hun, we all make mistakes sometimes. The important thing is not the mistake but what we choose to do. Pick yourself up from this and keep trying. You will get through this. Take care
Kat xxx |
| All times are GMT +1. The time now is 06:00 PM. |
Powered by vBulletin® Version 3.6.4
Copyright ©2000 - 2026, Jelsoft Enterprises Ltd.