RYL Forums

RYL Forums (https://www.recoveryourlife.com/forum/index.php)
-   Self-Harm Discussion and Support (https://www.recoveryourlife.com/forum/forumdisplay.php?f=29)
-   -   Can you help me with my research please (https://www.recoveryourlife.com/forum/showthread.php?t=16504)

psych_student 07-09-2007 08:27 AM

Can you help me with my research please
 
Hi everyone my name is Yvette Skinner, i'm a final year undergraduate psychology student at the University of Derby currently in the process of completing a research project for my dissertation. I am looking for participants to fill in an online questionnaire for me which takes around 20-25 minutes to complete. Some of the questions involved centre around the topic of self-harm, although you do not have to have a personal history to complete the questionnaire. Participation is voluntary (over 18's only), anyone who does decide to take part will be doing so anonymously and answers will remain entirely confidential. If anyone has any questions regarding the study i can be contacted directly at y.skinner1@student.derby.ac.uk

Thank you for taking the time to read this and thank you in advance to anyone who does decide to take part, your participation is greatly appreciated.

To participate in the study please use the link below (if the link does not work copy and paste it into the address bar).

http://www.surveymonkey.com/s.aspx?s...Q0HXeSog_3d_3d


Please be aware that i have received permission from Harley and the forum moderators to post this and recruit participants through this forum.

Angel_Girl 07-09-2007 09:36 AM

done :)

psych_student 07-09-2007 09:52 AM

Quote:

Originally Posted by Angel_Girl (Post 260820)
done :)

Thanks, you participation is greatly appreciated :-)

Amaryllis 07-09-2007 04:24 PM

I did the survey. I hope it helped. If you have any questions, please pm me. I'm more than willing to help.

psych_student 07-09-2007 04:30 PM

Quote:

Originally Posted by Amaryllis (Post 261196)
I did the survey. I hope it helped. If you have any questions, please pm me. I'm more than willing to help.

Thankyou so much, i really do appreciate it.

klo_flo 07-09-2007 04:31 PM

Quote:

Originally Posted by Gizzy (Post 260772)


Edit: ah, over 18s only?

Yea because otherwise for it to have passed the Ethics board, parental permission would have been required... I presume.

I do psych, going into 3rd year at Coventry. I'm doing a qualititative study on the reason why people begin SHing... a phenomelogical study *nods*


I'd do it for you too when I get home. =)

psych_student 07-09-2007 04:48 PM

Quote:

Originally Posted by klo_flo (Post 261205)
Yea because otherwise for it to have passed the Ethics board, parental permission would have been required... I presume.

I do psych, going into 3rd year at Coventry. I'm doing a qualititative study on the reason why people begin SHing... a phenomelogical study *nods*


I'd do it for you too when I get home. =)

You are correct, for ethical reasons i am only allowed to ask people who are 18 or over.

Let me know if you need any help with your study.

klo_flo 07-09-2007 04:56 PM

Do you have any SHing history? x

If you don't mind me asking of course - as that would be essential to my study =P

psych_student 07-09-2007 05:03 PM

Quote:

Originally Posted by klo_flo (Post 261228)
Do you have any SHing history? x

If you don't mind me asking of course - as that would be essential to my study =P

Have been self-harming for about 8yrs

medic 07-09-2007 06:02 PM

done :)

psych_student 07-09-2007 06:08 PM

Quote:

Originally Posted by medic (Post 261331)
done :)

Thanks :-) i appreciate it.

klo_flo 07-09-2007 06:11 PM

Quote:

Originally Posted by psych_student (Post 261241)
Have been self-harming for about 8yrs

Then yea - could be super useful, ta.

You going into third year then? You got your ethics sorted pretty quick... I take it you aren't back at Uni yet? x

psych_student 07-09-2007 06:17 PM

Quote:

Originally Posted by klo_flo (Post 261353)
Then yea - could be super useful, ta.

You going into third year then? You got your ethics sorted pretty quick... I take it you aren't back at Uni yet? x

I'm a January starter, so i have already done half of third year and will be finished in January next year but no i'm not back at uni just yet. Let me know when you have ethical clearance and i will do my best to help you out with your research.

destroy-!!!-infinity 07-09-2007 06:18 PM

hey, for once i can be happy i'm a SI over 18! erm..that’s meant to be sarcastic but i don't think it comes off in txt. :eyeroll: at any rate, filled out the survey. best of luck on your dissertation.

fallen_guardian 07-09-2007 06:48 PM

Filled out. Good luck on your report.

psych_student 07-09-2007 06:50 PM

Quote:

Originally Posted by destroy-!!!-infinity (Post 261368)
hey, for once i can be happy i'm a SI over 18! erm..that’s meant to be sarcastic but i don't think it comes off in txt. :eyeroll: at any rate, filled out the survey. best of luck on your dissertation.

Thank you so much for filling it in for me, it is really appreciated. :-)

psych_student 07-09-2007 06:51 PM

Quote:

Originally Posted by fallen_guardian (Post 261441)
Filled out. Good luck on your report.

Thank you so much

OneLonelyTree 07-09-2007 07:13 PM

filled it out!

psych_student 07-09-2007 07:22 PM

Quote:

Originally Posted by OneLonelyTree (Post 261486)
filled it out!

Thank you :-)

Ami 07-09-2007 07:42 PM

for ethical reasons can i pretend to be 18 ? :)


All times are GMT +1. The time now is 11:25 AM.

Powered by vBulletin® Version 3.6.4
Copyright ©2000 - 2026, Jelsoft Enterprises Ltd.