RYL Forums

RYL Forums (https://www.recoveryourlife.com/forum/index.php)
-   Self-Harm Discussion and Support (https://www.recoveryourlife.com/forum/forumdisplay.php?f=29)
-   -   cutting is just another punishment for relapse (https://www.recoveryourlife.com/forum/showthread.php?t=160728)

letspretendwedontexist 20-03-2011 04:29 AM

cutting is just another punishment for relapse
 
Every time I ditch my sobriety I cut. It's like a punishment for not being strong enough. Each substance relapse just results in some sort of SI relapse. Is there some way to stop this cycle?

88shelz 20-03-2011 11:42 AM

are you actively seeking help? talking therapy and medication along with willpower can be a great help...anytime you try to stop an addiction you need a lot of support

lonely_hope 20-03-2011 02:59 PM

Do you think you could find something to do as a distraction when you're tempted to relapse? Sometimes getting out of the situation I'm in helps when I'm triggered. Maybe going out for a jog or walk outside could help. I've heard holding an ice cube to your skin works sometimes... it creates some pain, but doesn't do damage. Maybe you can find something that works for you :)

I hope you're doing alright... send a PM if you need to talk

*hugs*

letspretendwedontexist 21-03-2011 02:02 AM

I don't believe in medications...I know that sound dumb since I'm kind of a drug addict but what can I say - I guess I still believe the human body is perfectly capable of healing itself. I'm in and out of therapy. I do tons of things to distract myself. I teach a couple yoga classes, go for a daily run, write, read...it never seems to be enough


All times are GMT +1. The time now is 05:07 PM.

Powered by vBulletin® Version 3.6.4
Copyright ©2000 - 2026, Jelsoft Enterprises Ltd.