RYL Forums

RYL Forums (https://www.recoveryourlife.com/forum/index.php)
-   Self-Harm Discussion and Support (https://www.recoveryourlife.com/forum/forumdisplay.php?f=29)
-   -   Is It Sick? (https://www.recoveryourlife.com/forum/showthread.php?t=15882)

HelloKittyDarkness 02-09-2007 08:42 PM

Is It Sick?
 
Recently I Have Been Using My SI As An Art,
A Few Close Friends To Me Have found out,
They Tell Me it's Sick And Mind Blowing Disgusting.
But In My Point Of View Im Beginning To Think It's Amazing,
And One Of My Internet Friends Asked Me To Show Them A Work Piece
I Created,
And He Said That It Was Very Inspiring,
But I Just Wanted To Hear Peoples Opinions Of It,
Thanks
Livvy
x x x x x

pebbles 02-09-2007 10:00 PM

part of art is to provoke a reaction and to make people think about things, so i guess in that way it kinda is,

people have different opinions of what art is and so if you believe it to be art then i guess it is.

but i havent seen it so i cant really give my opinion on the specifics.

xxxxxxxxx

PapierDollyPOP 26-04-2008 05:47 PM

If you want to express something visually, like express anything then you could do it anyway using anything - even if other disagree, perhaps the contraversy of what you're illustrating or the message is that strong and I think it's good even though I would probably be like wtf ewww, I just obviously wouldn't understand kind of thing y'know.

Siouxsie 26-04-2008 06:06 PM

Everybody has their own idea of what art is or should be like.
*Personally* I don't think it's sick...obviously it's quite controversial but it's something I've actually considered doing. I don't think it's disgusting, I've seen artwork which has been created using certain "other" blood which I think pushes the boundaries a bit but yeah in general I don't think there's anything wrong with it...it makes it all the more personal. Obviously that's not an encouragement to SI or anything though.


All times are GMT +1. The time now is 07:28 AM.

Powered by vBulletin® Version 3.6.4
Copyright ©2000 - 2026, Jelsoft Enterprises Ltd.