RYL Forums

RYL Forums (https://www.recoveryourlife.com/forum/index.php)
-   Self-Harm Discussion and Support (https://www.recoveryourlife.com/forum/forumdisplay.php?f=29)
-   -   :( (https://www.recoveryourlife.com/forum/showthread.php?t=158646)

rachael2011 20-02-2011 01:32 AM

:(
 
is anyone available for a chat. :(

ˈsäləˌterē 20-02-2011 01:43 AM

I'm here

rachael2011 20-02-2011 01:44 AM

i feel like ending things xxx

ˈsäləˌterē 20-02-2011 01:50 AM

Why hun?

rachael2011 20-02-2011 01:51 AM

im missing my parents somuch, I am strugling to cope with everyday life, I cant stop cutting myself x

ˈsäləˌterē 20-02-2011 01:59 AM

I'm so sorry about your parents! Cutting yourself doesn't seem to be helping though. I'm sure it would break your parents hearts to know that your hurting yourself. Have you tried to find other ways to cope?

rachael2011 20-02-2011 02:01 AM

No, as when I feel this bad that instant thing I do is cut myself, I cdon think about anything else and if i dont cut myself i get all shaky etc...I know this sounds stupid x

ˈsäləˌterē 20-02-2011 02:03 AM

It doesn't sound stupid. I've been there. Have you ever checked out any of the lists of distractions n things to do to simulate harming by stimulating the same endorphins in other ways?

rachael2011 20-02-2011 02:08 AM

im new to this site so I dont really know my way around it as yet

ˈsäləˌterē 20-02-2011 02:19 AM

That's ok. I'm glad you found us! At the top of the page, there's a section called distractions. That's a good place to start. There's also a thread called "things to do instead". It's a really great list that also helps to match certain things to how you're feeling so they're more affective. Once you check them out, you can make yourself a card or somethin with the things that suit you best that you can keep on you or at least handy so that when you feel the urge, you can use it to help you. It's also good to have a friend or someone who also has your list so you can reach them when you're urgy. That way they can remind you of your list n help you go through it.

rachael2011 20-02-2011 02:21 AM

Thank you soooo much xx

ˈsäləˌterē 20-02-2011 02:28 AM

Of course hun! Do the cuts you already have need medical attention? If not, have you cared for them to prevent infection?

rachael2011 20-02-2011 02:29 AM

they are quite bad to be honest x

ˈsäləˌterē 20-02-2011 02:33 AM

Should you go to the hospital or an urgent care center? Do you think you need stitches?

rachael2011 20-02-2011 02:38 AM

I will leave it till the morning. and see how they are, they r still bleding x

ˈsäləˌterē 20-02-2011 02:44 AM

If they need stitched you can't wait too long. For the moment, do you know how to stop the bleeding n care for them. I don't wanna mother you if you don't need it, but I'd be happy to if ya do. There is a first aid section in the advise drop down menu at the top of the page too.

rachael2011 20-02-2011 02:46 AM

i dont know how to look after them. ur help would be appreicaited x

ˈsäləˌterē 20-02-2011 02:51 AM

Ok, first we wanna stop the bleeding. If they're bleeding badly, use a clean cloth (that won't stick n make it bleed again when removed) n apply steady moderate pressure for 10 minutes. Don't check it. Just wait the 10 minutes. Do that, then let me know if they're still bleeding.

rachael2011 20-02-2011 02:55 AM

ok thnks

zivalover16 20-02-2011 02:57 AM

Hey don't mean to but in but with the cloth you're going to want to wet it so it won't stick (I had to have a cut looked at by a dr cuz it wouldn't stop bleeding and they used wet guaze...Same applys to cloth)


All times are GMT +1. The time now is 05:43 PM.

Powered by vBulletin® Version 3.6.4
Copyright ©2000 - 2026, Jelsoft Enterprises Ltd.