RYL Forums

RYL Forums (https://www.recoveryourlife.com/forum/index.php)
-   Self-Harm Discussion and Support (https://www.recoveryourlife.com/forum/forumdisplay.php?f=29)
-   -   Question *poss gaphic* (https://www.recoveryourlife.com/forum/showthread.php?t=158115)

finding.my.wings 12-02-2011 02:55 AM

Question *poss gaphic*
 
Is it better to cut when you get the urge to- like usually id just cut a little- or to hold off and distract and later on the urge comes back and sooner or later i end up cutting quite badly. Im honeslty not sure anymore, i thought that i could stop/give it up easily and id not have issues since it was never that bad. However since ive trying reducing my SH i find that when i do cut i need stitches which has never happened in the past.

whynotsmile 12-02-2011 03:23 AM

Don't cut so deep you'll regret those big scars, is all I can say. I have at least two horrible raised scars I'm looking at cosmetic surgery to correct they're so awful. Just try not to cut so deep if you have to. But I don't think anyone can advise you as to when to cut....thats up to the individual that is doing it really. I just hope you don't need anymore stitches! Take care xoxoxo

_Nemesi_ 14-02-2011 01:06 AM

I think it's better to wait, as the urge might not come back, it is worth it to fight against it if there's the chance you won't cut.
Take care x


All times are GMT +1. The time now is 07:26 AM.

Powered by vBulletin® Version 3.6.4
Copyright ©2000 - 2026, Jelsoft Enterprises Ltd.