RYL Forums

RYL Forums (https://www.recoveryourlife.com/forum/index.php)
-   Self-Harm Discussion and Support (https://www.recoveryourlife.com/forum/forumdisplay.php?f=29)
-   -   I can't believe I'm doing this! (Happy post!!!) (https://www.recoveryourlife.com/forum/showthread.php?t=157722)

VampiricShadow 07-02-2011 03:55 AM

I can't believe I'm doing this! (Happy post!!!)
 
Ever since I started cutting in 7th grade and moved on to more varied forms in the past 2 years (I'm a high school senior), I was always adamant in my refusal to stop hurting myself. And now it's like I really WANT to stop and nothing can stop me from stopping. Oh my God just that alone feels wonderful. I might be free someday. Maybe...one day...I could *not* hurt myself. That's just an amazing thought.



No idea if I should post stuff like that or if this is the right forum, but I just really wanted to get that out.

crazykat 07-02-2011 04:16 AM

Wanting to stop is the first important step to take if you are wanting to give up self-harm so well done on taking that step. You may also find it useful to read this article on stopping self-harm. Take care and all the best
Kat xxx

VampiricShadow 08-02-2011 01:02 AM

Thank you =)

lonely_hope 09-02-2011 12:59 AM

woo hoo! That's great! I'm sooo glad you're making that decision :) It'll be hard, but I know you can do it!

*hugs and love*

Cutter3232 09-02-2011 11:36 PM

This is AMAZING news!! I am so thrilled for you.

Cutter3232 09-02-2011 11:38 PM

Any idea what prompted the change? I'd love to know lol

VampiricShadow 10-02-2011 03:36 AM

Just feeling so out of control with my SH. That's why I came on here in the first place. I'd been cutting for years (around 5 years), but recently it's felt way too out of control. Like, I'm almost always hurting myself by punching or biting or scratching myself when I'm alone and I'm covered in bruises and cuts and stuff and it's just like... I'm scared. I don't want my life to be controlled by this

Cutter3232 10-02-2011 04:11 PM

I'm glad you're making the decision :) thats great


All times are GMT +1. The time now is 06:53 AM.

Powered by vBulletin® Version 3.6.4
Copyright ©2000 - 2026, Jelsoft Enterprises Ltd.