RYL Forums

RYL Forums (https://www.recoveryourlife.com/forum/index.php)
-   Self-Harm Discussion and Support (https://www.recoveryourlife.com/forum/forumdisplay.php?f=29)
-   -   Being Recovered is possible! (https://www.recoveryourlife.com/forum/showthread.php?t=156320)

RainbowsAndButterflies 18-01-2011 11:11 PM

Being Recovered is possible!
 
Hey,

For those who don't know me I'm Laura. I want to tell you a bit about me.

I started to self harm when I was 12, I'm now 19 and near enough recovered.

I went through the hell that is self harm I started to recover around 15/16 but it was only last year I started to feel like I had recovered last year.


Right enough about me time to focus on you.

I was sat in the bath thinking about self harm and I came to this conclusion.

Only YOU pick that blade up. Only YOU make that cut/burn/OD. Yes factors influence it but it's only YOU that picks up that blade and make that cut. No one hands you it and makes you cut or does the cut for you.

Yes for Overdosing the doctors give you the tablets but only you choose to OD on them.

I got this lecture at 16 from a friend and I was like but but but but thinking about it now no one gave me the blade and no one made that cut for me.

I just want to say those in Recovery, it is possible to actually recover as I and many others. You just have to make that step.

Yes if you fancy arguing with me go and try to prove me wrong go ahead but if you really think about it. You will come to that conclusion.

Self harm is an addiction like drugs, alcohol, but it is possible to Recover. I was in recovery 3 years before I decided last year and most recently one hour ago I was recovered.

I'm still staying on this site for general stuff and to help others.

Take care

Laura x

lonely_hope 18-01-2011 11:59 PM

wow :) thank you so much for posting- it brings a lot of hope

*hugs*

RainbowsAndButterflies 19-01-2011 11:07 AM

Thanks :) x

crazykat 19-01-2011 11:12 AM

You've done well sweetheart, so proud of you

one_step_closer 19-01-2011 03:28 PM

Very well done, Laura.

Gone. 19-01-2011 03:54 PM

You've come such a long way, Laura and I'm glad you're so pleased. You should be :)

Lyddie 19-01-2011 06:12 PM

Go Laura! (:
Seriously, well done. You've done incredibly and this post gives hope to the rest of us :D

Goldenbird 19-01-2011 06:29 PM

Well done, that's brilliant!


All times are GMT +1. The time now is 02:17 PM.

Powered by vBulletin® Version 3.6.4
Copyright ©2000 - 2026, Jelsoft Enterprises Ltd.