RYL Forums

RYL Forums (https://www.recoveryourlife.com/forum/index.php)
-   Forum and Community Questions (https://www.recoveryourlife.com/forum/forumdisplay.php?f=47)
-   -   Idea RYL on the mobile ?? (https://www.recoveryourlife.com/forum/showthread.php?t=153269)

Born Survivor 13-12-2010 12:21 AM

Idea RYL on the mobile ??
 
Right this is a bit of a werid idea but bear with me

I was thinking that there should be a RYL mobile site (so for a site where you can access this on your phone on the interent) .. It doesn't have to be the whole website just a real basic verison with just like the ranting section etc

Because people have said before you should just write and let your fingers do the talking .. Well ive been out where ive had no access to my laptop and i wanted to vent at something and i couldn't =/ but by the time i get home ive forgotten most of it etc

(sorry if this makes no sense)

What do you guys think about it ?

Dreaming. 13-12-2010 12:24 AM

You can access ryl on your phone? At least, I can on my Nokia. Unless you're talking about a more basic version so it's more easily accessible?

Good idea though, and your reasons make sense.

GoldDustReturnz 13-12-2010 12:34 AM

ZOMG
This has been said so many timessss

I'm sure at some point, Harley said there would be some sort of version to put on your mobile.

However, most mobiles can access RYL anyway.
I can anyway.

All I know is falling. 13-12-2010 12:41 AM

I can access it too.

Born Survivor 13-12-2010 12:43 AM

Ok sorry i just thought i would ask =/ .. must just be my phone then that doesn't work properly with it

sorry

GoldDustReturnz 13-12-2010 12:46 AM

Try turning on Javascript.

JaffaCake. 13-12-2010 12:55 AM

I can access the whole of RYL on my phone..
Probz depends which phone you have and all that.

GlitterTrashDoll 13-12-2010 01:59 AM

I can access the whole of RYL on my phone, granted it takes a while to load everything and it can get annoying whilst i'm waiting - but it is possible to do it on most phones that have the internet.

But if you can't - like other people have said, write what you want to rant and then save it in a draft message and then post it later when you have access to a laptop/computer.

Pomegranate 13-12-2010 04:56 AM

I like this idea. I can access RYL on my phone but it takes forever to load. A mobile version would be great, especially for times when you might not be able to easily access a computer for a few days/weeks i.e when IP or abroad.

The One Who 13-12-2010 01:33 PM

Has Harley not talking about this before? Something to do with him not liking making it mobile because it needs to work to the lowest common denominator and he wants it to be better than that? I don't know though.

I really don't see the problem with not being able to rant. Type it into your phone if you want to and then just delete it. What is the problem with not being able to remember it? Surely that's a good thing that it is out of your system and out of your mind.

GoldDustReturnz 14-12-2010 03:43 AM

Quote:

Originally Posted by yourockmysocks (Post 2608128)
If RYL doesn't work on your phone, change your phone to suit RYL, not change RYL to suit your phone. :thumbup:

Frankly, I'd like to hope people aren't that addicted to this website, to need to use it on their phones.

O maybe some people don't always have access to a computer?

Or at times, like me, aren't well enough to be sat at the computer it's easier to lay in bed or on the sofa on my phone.

Pomegranate 14-12-2010 03:52 AM

Quote:

Originally Posted by yourockmysocks (Post 2608128)
If RYL doesn't work on your phone, change your phone to suit RYL, not change RYL to suit your phone. :thumbup:

Frankly, I'd like to hope people aren't that addicted to this website, to need to use it on their phones.

Surely the same could be said for facebook/twitter/bbc or any number of internet sites? I don't think it is about being addicted but it being convenient. RYL is a support site and out of the four or five sites I log into the most it is the most difficult to access on a phone by far but also probably one of the ones I use the most for help and support when I feel vulnerable or particularly unwell. I appreciate that due to the financial cost etc then making a mobile version may not be possible but I still think it would be useful if it were.

Dreaming. 14-12-2010 08:37 AM

Quote:

Originally Posted by Pomegranate (Post 2608186)
Surely the same could be said for facebook/twitter/bbc or any number of internet sites?
[...]
also probably one of the ones I use the most for help and support when I feel vulnerable or particularly unwell.

"RYL should not be a substitute for [real-life or] professional help".

Somebody said that it'd be good for RYL to be useful when you're in places where you can't get online, such as hospitals or on holiday. I'd really hope that if you were in hospital you wouldn't be trying to get online and were trying to use the support you,ve got around you.

Personally I think I'd be a bit concerned that having it fully accessible on your phone negates even more need for communicating IRL... But then, I am a bit of an RYL-skeptic anyway :P

Pomegranate 14-12-2010 09:51 AM

I understand what you mean Dreaming about it not being a substitute but I think it can supplement 'professional' help and sometimes be useful in gaining perspective about that type of help as well. When I was IP I was scared and finding it very hard to accept the help the 'professionals' were giving me and did not feel comfortable talking to my 'real life' friends about my concerns for various reasons....that was the sort of situation where RYL or something similar would have been helpful.

random.swirls 14-12-2010 01:55 PM

Oops i'm currently ip and accessing ryl on my phone. Though I also have my laptop here so that may work.

Anyway I was just going to post to say I can get ryl on my phone as I'm currently on it but also to echoes andy suggestion of the low bandwidth site

Emmabob. 14-12-2010 02:29 PM

ryl sucks mobile, therefore my fb status gets whined on :-D

Fry 14-12-2010 03:12 PM

I found it really simple to use RYL on my phone when I tried it.
Something like an RYL-lite version could be cool, but then again I'm not sure it's really necessary..

crazykat 14-12-2010 03:14 PM

I have no problem accessing RYL from my phone either

Opus. 14-12-2010 06:03 PM

I'm on my phone right now.

/Pointless post.

.K. 07-01-2011 03:21 PM

I may sound silly but I'm playing around on my iPod and I was going to try and use chat, but I found out that apple has restrictions on adobe flash. I'm wondering if another flash program will work? I'm just curious as to if anyone else has figured this out, before I bother downloading something else.


All times are GMT +1. The time now is 08:57 AM.

Powered by vBulletin® Version 3.6.4
Copyright ©2000 - 2026, Jelsoft Enterprises Ltd.