RYL Forums

RYL Forums (https://www.recoveryourlife.com/forum/index.php)
-   General Support and Advice (https://www.recoveryourlife.com/forum/forumdisplay.php?f=27)
-   -   At what age did you lose your virginity? (https://www.recoveryourlife.com/forum/showthread.php?t=15255)

ickle-duckling 28-08-2007 06:00 PM

At what age did you lose your virginity?
 
I was just thinking about uni and freshers week and all that, and it occurred to me that surely, the longer I leave it, the more awkward it'll be to have to tell someone I'm actually a virgin? So really I was just wondering (if you guys didn't mind telling me) at what age you all lost your virginity, and if you had any thoughts about the whole thing?

Thanks again,
Em x

VanityStar 28-08-2007 06:17 PM

i was 17... a senior in high school.
i didnt tell the guy. he was a close friend of mine, but he just assumed that me & my ex had done the nasty, so i just let everyione believe that.
so ya, i lost my virginity to my best friend on his birthday & he didnt know till years later cause i read enough Cosmo to know how its done, i guess. lol!

So, there are ways around it. But it's really nothing to be embarassed about. i swear.

Minty 28-08-2007 06:20 PM

Unfortunately I didn't have choice about when I lost my virginity. However, after the event I didn't loose it properly consentingly until I was at uni. You'd be surprised how many people out there are still virgins at university there's nothing to worry about. My ex was 22 when he lost his virginity to me, if you are in a loving relationship the fact your a virgin doesn't matter and actually can show how much you care for a person. Don't rush into things you dont want to

Dan 28-08-2007 06:23 PM

I was 16.

secrets & lies 28-08-2007 06:29 PM

I was a virgin when I started at uni and used to worry about telling someone that I was. In the end I didn't tell him but I'm pretty sure he'd guessed before hand anyway.

Voldemort 28-08-2007 06:31 PM

I'm 18, still a virgin and proud of it.

I'm also starting Uni and it never crossed my mind to be honest. I guess it's 'cause I'm waiting for the right one, and if he's right it won't be awkward. I dunno.

broken_up_inside 28-08-2007 06:32 PM

I lost my virginity at 16, i was lucky in that i was in a long term relationship where we both loved each other and all that soppy stuff. But like Minty said, speaking from experience, you'd be surprised how many people are virgins at university, so dont rush into anything you dont want to do

Gizzy 28-08-2007 06:39 PM

I lost mine at 15. A couple of months into a relationship. No regrets :)
There are plenty of people I know that are your age-ish that haven't lost their virginity yet :)

Ami 28-08-2007 06:44 PM

I was 13 with some random guy. Nothing special. Hardly ever is.

Its great I think that some people are still virgins at least they cant wait for that special someone!
x

pixie*lyssie 28-08-2007 06:44 PM

I'm 18 and am still a Virgin. I wanna know what it's like though!

Pot_Steve 28-08-2007 06:49 PM

I was 19, to my girlfriend at the time, who would leave me after a year for a married, 40 year old music teacher...

BarrelO'Crazy 28-08-2007 06:52 PM

I was 15 just It was on my 15th birthday me and a girl Jenny who i'd known since I was born pretty much. We got very drunk and one thing led to another I regret it for 2 reasons. 1) It was a horrible drunken fumble and was nothing like I expected 2) I've never talked to her again and in fact I somehow managed to turn her into a christian, i didn't realise it could happen that way.

Ami 28-08-2007 06:52 PM

Its overrated anyways! :hehe:

tearsofgold 28-08-2007 07:08 PM

i lost mine on my sixteenth birthday, without consent and now can't stand the thought of it, some people just dont do it.
xxx

Pot_Steve 28-08-2007 07:22 PM

Quote:

Originally Posted by Strawberry-Gashes (Post 241522)
Its overrated anyways! :hehe:

What, sex in general or the specific act of losing your virginity?

Blossom 28-08-2007 07:29 PM

Hey Em,

Personally, i waited until i was 17. I don't honestly believe in waiting for an occasion where there are candles, flowers, boxes of choccies etc; what i think is important is waiting until you are at a point where you can look back on losing your virginity as a happy memory. Does that make sense?

There needn't be an awkwardness, the parent in me has the desperate need to say that if the person you're with is someone you feel comfortable enough with to sleep with, then it shouldn't matter whether or not you're a virgin. A good point to remember is, if in doubt, don't.

PM if you want to talk some more btw.

x

Ami 28-08-2007 07:45 PM

Quote:

Originally Posted by Pot_Steve (Post 241566)
What, sex in general or the specific act of losing your virginity?

Both. I was disappointed. Theres so much hype about sex.. i just think its overrated (personally!)

Anyways, Em, Im not at uni so i cant really comment, but dont worry about it. Dont feel pressured to do it because "you're gonna be the only virgin there". I guess it could be easy to get carried away at uni hopefully you wont regret it .. because alot of us wish we had waited for a bit longer, or for someone special or whatever.
Take care hun x

Lincoln 28-08-2007 08:19 PM

lost it at 16, with my current girlfriend (im now 17) we nerly been going out a year.

im glad i did wait till i was 16.

tbh the 1st time isnt all that amazing, its a nice experience for 1st time, but it gets way better if u try out different posisition and have a mess around while doing so. i just wish my girlfriend was more into different posisitions.


can i ask has anyone here done it cos they feel they have to to keep there lover happy?
iv had times where it sounds like my girlfriend hasnt wanted to... and even on my birthday which really was a let down.

Ami 28-08-2007 08:34 PM

^^ Yeah. When i was with this guy i was really depressed and just barely had a sex drive at all and he used to complain and say was i cheting on him (cos we never had sex for a month) so i used to just to shut him up. I never cheated on him and he just didnt understand. Thats probabaly why i didnt enjoy it.. cos i had depression.

Lincon can i just say, dont pressure your girlfriend if she doesnt want too, its not nice being on the receiving end :(

FallingStar 28-08-2007 08:55 PM

I was 12.
It wasn't anything special (Not that it was going to be)
It was stuipidly painful, and left me feeling dirty.

Gladly, I have no regrets.


All times are GMT +1. The time now is 04:52 AM.

Powered by vBulletin® Version 3.6.4
Copyright ©2000 - 2026, Jelsoft Enterprises Ltd.