RYL Forums

RYL Forums (https://www.recoveryourlife.com/forum/index.php)
-   Fun and Distractions (https://www.recoveryourlife.com/forum/forumdisplay.php?f=22)
-   -   Can you type without (https://www.recoveryourlife.com/forum/showthread.php?t=151401)

Sanai 17-11-2010 01:04 PM

Can you type without
 
I just typed all of this with my eyes closed. Can you do the same? Without spelling mistakes or slip ups? My fingers remember where each key is and even know when to press backspace by recognising when i've hit the wrong key by touch. I never knew I could do this until today. Its amazing what talents people have without even knowing it.

Cryptic. 17-11-2010 01:09 PM

yes i can do this, i do this all the time, well, not closing my eyes, but i stare at the screen and not the keyboard and if i do it wrong, i know where everything is.

- just did that with eyes closed. =]

MistressOfMisery 17-11-2010 01:54 PM

arent u a clever cookie!

kcrace91 18-11-2010 08:53 AM

haha i cant or can i hey this is fun doing lol haha what fun trying something new wit ur eye close

haha that fun lol.

agrodolce 18-11-2010 11:04 AM

It's odd. I remember a teacher of mine telling me she could do this. I was amazed and couldn't understand how she did it. Then, one day, I realized that I had done all my work looking at the screen, and realized I knew where all the keys were without looking. I didn't even know until then.

I typed all this without looking.

Schleier von Dunst 18-11-2010 11:32 AM

I learned to touch type at 4.30 am when it was dark and I was pretending to be in bed. I couldn't see the keybopard very well and so I had to just yupe nu yhr lihy og iy. \esd s,idomh.

Hum. It seems I got my fingers in a knot. probably missed one and got the rest wrong :-p

Buttons. 18-11-2010 11:42 AM

I think I can but IO'm not sure. Oh, clearly not.

High_Voltage 18-11-2010 04:10 PM

yrd im yupinh yjid eiyj mu rurd vlodrf sd erll. iyd ptryyu rsdy

i fail XD

chinahorse 18-11-2010 06:05 PM

i sort of can. for limited periods of time and i cant punctuate.

I Love My Beagle 18-11-2010 06:31 PM

I am not sure about typing with my eyes closed, but I have had times I was able to type without looking... Like now. I seriously have not looked at my keys at all, so I suppose that I probably could type with my eyes closed. I guess it probably comes with the fact that I have a full keyboard on my phone too... Wow. Amazing... I just typed and entired paragraph without looking at my keys at all. I am impressed with myself. LOL

Bellatrix 18-11-2010 06:40 PM

I think it's been a life time of copying out of books and typing up script notes that has enabled me to just know where the keys are.

If I think about it too much, though, I start to forget where they are :P. It's annoying.

Having a BB helps, because now when I type on a screen it's always with a qwerty keypad (qwerty was surprisingly hard to type considering the letters are all next to each other!)

Mademoiselle Lola. 18-11-2010 06:47 PM

I'm tring this right now.
still typing with my eyues closed.
opening them.

hmm,not bad.not bad at all.

Wakeful Dreamer. 19-11-2010 11:06 AM

Let me see if I can do it. Hm, apparently I can. This morning I was typing on one of the school computers, and my teacher said, "You type really fast. TRhat's good." She's also the one who was amazed the other day because I could remember the basic configuration of a qwerty keyboard.

*opens eyes*
One mistake? I'm impressed with myself.

BrokenStrings 19-11-2010 11:40 AM

i think i can touch type mainly without looking.
i cant do it eyes closed because i cant see when i make a mistake and need to erase :)

rhis is when i try to touch type without looking.
one mistake? i like :)

Starless 02-12-2010 06:42 PM

I still remember the day I figured out that I could do this with usually only a few mistakes. It was someone else who noticed, actually, because I was looking at her and typing at the same time.

Hmm, not bad :)

Lluviazul 04-12-2010 09:46 AM

yay! i too wanna show off my ability to type with my eyes closed! :P

The masquerade 04-12-2010 07:41 PM

nope nor at all. see qhar i nwab?

^^ i fail

Susu. 04-12-2010 08:11 PM

I can do it but i find it harder when i'm truing to, like now for example, if i was just typing a normal message it'd be fine but cause i;m concentrating too jard i know there'll be loads of midtakes!

However now when i'm not looking at the keyboard but not actively concentrating on not doing i can type fine. I agree that having a phone with a qwerty keypad helps loads too, that and writing loads of essays for college!

Pi.R^2 05-12-2010 12:19 AM

I'm really good at texting withought looking, but not sure if I can type...
Woahhh, just amazed myself by typing that without looking! :)

EvilAngel 05-12-2010 01:17 AM

its amazing what we as humans can train ourselves to do.


All times are GMT +1. The time now is 03:39 AM.

Powered by vBulletin® Version 3.6.4
Copyright ©2000 - 2026, Jelsoft Enterprises Ltd.