RYL Forums

RYL Forums (https://www.recoveryourlife.com/forum/index.php)
-   Self-Harm Discussion and Support (https://www.recoveryourlife.com/forum/forumdisplay.php?f=29)
-   -   Anyone a fan of...... (https://www.recoveryourlife.com/forum/showthread.php?t=150388)

Shellybelly 02-11-2010 11:43 PM

Anyone a fan of......
 
Demi Lovato ( I am, i love her voice, and i think she's a genuine person)

So a year ago the press accused her of cutting; she was at miley cyrus
sweet 16 and they caught a photo of her but in the photo you can see lines on her wrist ( if you never saw the photos just go to google images and type in demi lovato cutting...the first photo ever taken of this was her in front of a pink back drop at the sweet 16) her Rep said they were just marks from bracelets she had been wearing ealier. People got over that, then some odd months later again the press caught another photo of her wrist (the second photo is her holding a coffee, and then holding a water bottle)

Now i have to say the first photo is like ok maybe it could've been bracelets but not the second photo...if you've been SI-ing for any length of time i think you could tell those were self inflicted.

Now i found today that yesterday she quit her road tour with the jonas brothers to check herself into rehab...but they wouldn't say what for. then her Rep told the press it was for cutting.

I'm not going to lie, when i first thought she might be cutting i was like "why is she cutting, her life seems perfect, she's pretty famous wealthy"
but then i kicked myself because i realized that just because she might have all of that doesn't mean she's happy.

here's the link to the stories if you want to read them on your own.

http://www.hollywoodlife.com/2010/11/02/demi-lovato-cutting-experts-treatment-causes/
_________________

xlaurenx 03-11-2010 12:04 AM

I do like her voice and i have seen that before but sometimes , though normally on Youtube, they lie etc.

I cant understand why you thought that but i also know that there must be so much pressure on her, to look good, be this amazing girl, etc it must be tough. Just because some people are in the spotlight alot of the time doesn't mean they have healthy ways of coping and i guess everyone can sh weather your in the spotlight or just a school girl. Though she does have one amazing voice and i wish her all the best in her recovery.

Laurenxx

Too Shy 03-11-2010 12:07 AM

I have no interest in Demi Lovato, Jonas Brothers, Miley Cyrus, blah blah blah any of those kind of people.

But I agree with this: 'I'm not going to lie, when i first thought she might be cutting i was like "why is she cutting, her life seems perfect, she's pretty famous wealthy" but then i kicked myself because i realized that just because she might have all of that doesn't mean she's happy.'

Our assistant headteacher at secondary school said to me once when he was explaining depression to me that one of his friends said to him that sometimes he could have anything in the world, any material things he wanted, all the money in the world, etc etc, but sometimes he would still not be happy. And I think that is very true. I used it think it about Robbie Williams back in the days also - he may be ridiculously rich, but it doesn't make him like himself.

There's lots of reasons why people would harm themselves, whether it makes sense to other people or not. And at the same time, without wanting to trivialise it, a lot of people will go through a 'phase' of it and then get past it with no lasting problems. I haven't got a clue about anything to do with her, so no idea where she'd fit in.

Susu. 03-11-2010 12:15 AM

I love her. I think she has an amazing voice and i could always relate to her songs. There was something genuine about her - i think i saw a bit of me in her, and now i know that that is true, we both struggle with the same things - SH and ED. There have been rumors for ages that she was struggling, i'm just glad she found the strength to get help, it must have been terrifying knowing that it would all come out and splashed all over the papers. i only hope that this will raise awareness for the issues and the seriousness of them and that she wont be flamed for it. At the end of the day she's just a lost little girl who needs help, just like the rest of us. I wish her all the best and hope she will pull through this.

Shellybelly 03-11-2010 12:16 AM

Quote:

Originally Posted by xlaurenx (Post 2551965)
I do like her voice and i have seen that before but sometimes , though normally on Youtube, they lie etc.

I cant understand why you thought that but i also know that there must be so much pressure on her, to look good, be this amazing girl, etc it must be tough. Just because some people are in the spotlight alot of the time doesn't mean they have healthy ways of coping and i guess everyone can sh weather your in the spotlight or just a school girl. Though she does have one amazing voice and i wish her all the best in her recovery.

Laurenxx

whoa..... not meaning to sound rude or anything but the reason you can't understand why i thought that is becuase you're not me; just like cutting people can't understand why i've been doing it for almost 3 years, because they're. not. me. when we hear anything about anyone we always have split second reactions, and well...that was mine.

Shellybelly 03-11-2010 12:19 AM

Quote:

Originally Posted by thund3rthighs (Post 2551975)
I love her. I think she has an amazing voice and i could always relate to her songs. There was something genuine about her - i think i saw a bit of me in her, and now i know that that is true, we both struggle with the same things - SH and ED. There have been rumors for ages that she was struggling, i'm just glad she found the strength to get help, it must have been terrifying knowing that it would all come out and splashed all over the papers. i only hope that this will raise awareness for the issues and the seriousness of them and that she wont be flamed for it. At the end of the day she's just a lost little girl who needs help, just like the rest of us. I wish her all the best and hope she will pull through this.


THIS.
i couldn't agree more, i'm hoping that this can raise awareness; that it can affect anyone.

Bleeding Angel 03-11-2010 12:27 AM

tbh it doesnt look like anything, and the reports didnt day self harm, just issues.

Shellybelly 03-11-2010 12:34 AM

Quote:

Originally Posted by Bleeding Angel (Post 2551997)
tbh it doesnt look like anything, and the reports didnt day self harm, just issues.

That link probably wasn't the best choice...but you can see the photo that i'm talking about. But if you look this up on google the ny daily news has reported on it, MTV too.

Bleeding Angel 03-11-2010 12:36 AM

either way it doesnt really bother me or make me think, and to me it doesnt look like anything at all, just some marks.

Patch. 03-11-2010 12:41 AM

Being honest I think the press should leave her alone. If she is self harming, then I hope she gets the help she needs. But it sure ain't helping that the press are shouting it off the rooftops.

Shellybelly 03-11-2010 12:47 AM

Quote:

Originally Posted by x_Patch_x (Post 2552011)
Being honest I think the press should leave her alone. If she is self harming, then I hope she gets the help she needs. But it sure ain't helping that the press are shouting it off the rooftops.

I also agree, because when i went to google to look it up, many blogs and gossip columns were writing stuff, and they were exaggerating a lot. i.e. saying "she is slashing her self to pieces"...that is not needed

xlaurenx 03-11-2010 12:48 AM

Quote:

Originally Posted by Shellybelly (Post 2551978)
whoa..... not meaning to sound rude or anything but the reason you can't understand why i thought that is becuase you're not me; just like cutting people can't understand why i've been doing it for almost 3 years, because they're. not. me. when we hear anything about anyone we always have split second reactions, and well...that was mine.

I guess my post kinda came out wrong

Shellybelly 03-11-2010 12:54 AM

Quote:

Originally Posted by xlaurenx (Post 2552023)
I guess my post kinda came out wrong

no no... you're not at fault, i'm sorry my post came out defensive... thinking about it now i just shouldn't have put my opinion, seriously. but i wasn't mad or anything ... sorry...

Too Shy 03-11-2010 01:00 AM

^^ I think you both have the same/similar opinion, just misunderstanding [I think, ignore me if I'm wrong :P]

It's just I think here (put it in bold so you can see what I mean!), did you mean to say 'can' understand rather than can't? I think that's how the rest of your post is coming across at least? As in, you can understand that initial thought of 'life seeming perfect, why would you need to cut' but then realising it's not that simple?

'I cant understand why you thought that but i also know that there must be so much pressure on her, to look good, be this amazing girl, etc it must be tough.'

[Ignore this if I am rubbish at putting points across :P]

xlaurenx 03-11-2010 01:20 AM

^ Your right, i think :)

TheShade1989 03-11-2010 02:18 AM

I dont like any of those ppl, and I aint gonna speculate, since it's her own life, but sucks for her. It's weird how ppl think that because you're famous or successful, you're automatically happy. Or they criticize you wen you make a mistake or are going through something. Especially her, because those Disney channel kinda ppl are classed as role models, so wenever they do something "bad" or are going through something difficult (whether relating to their fame or not), they're basically bashed for it. Which sucks because being famous doesnt stop you frm being human. A young human, in fact.

Shellybelly 03-11-2010 03:32 AM

Quote:

Originally Posted by TheShade1989 (Post 2552116)
I dont like any of those ppl, and I aint gonna speculate, since it's her own life, but sucks for her. It's weird how ppl think that because you're famous or successful, you're automatically happy. Or they criticize you wen you make a mistake or are going through something. Especially her, because those Disney channel kinda ppl are classed as role models, so wenever they do something "bad" or are going through something difficult (whether relating to their fame or not), they're basically bashed for it. Which sucks because being famous doesnt stop you frm being human. A young human, in fact.


Totally agree

byemebyeme 03-11-2010 05:59 AM

I definitely think people in her situation are no different from the rest of us when it comes to emotion/mental health stuff. Just because they have stardom doesn't mean they have it all together at all.

I really am not into any of those teen celebrities like her, but I'm glad she's taking action and getting the help.

Buttons. 03-11-2010 06:55 AM

As I have said in the other thread about this: I appreciate that she needs help etc etc but it frustrates when I see famous people waltz in to top class treatment when other people who are equally or far more ill than them can be kept waiting months on end for minimal treatment, let alone the level the famous are getting.


All times are GMT +1. The time now is 06:18 AM.

Powered by vBulletin® Version 3.6.4
Copyright ©2000 - 2026, Jelsoft Enterprises Ltd.