![]() |
Parents
Well, my parents know I SI. But I was nearly 4 months free and so started letting my parents see my arms, meaning I wasnt wearing long sleeves around the house. However I've slipped up twice in the past two days, so am covering up again.
So basically, have other peoples parents been suspiscious if they start covering up again? Because I'm scared of hurting mum even more. |
They make suspect if they associate you covering up with self-harm. Since they know you SI could you let them know you've slipped up? They may be able to help.
|
I dont want to upset mum by letting her find out.
|
My parents know i SI and they know when i slip up now because I tell them, at first i was really embarrassed and really didnt want them to know but i asked for help and then it all came out at my psycologist, they were really upset at first but now they really are supportive, as annoying supportive people are, they mean well, and maybe you do better with comforting than i do, so in my opinion tell them you maybe suprised with their reactions :) and if they are mad, well arent you allready mad at urself? what do you have to lose? nothing :)
|
mine would get suspicious... but i agree, i would tell them. even if i don't let them see until its healed...
|
It's almost november, it's cold. Where's the issue with covering up?
|
We who SI probably focus more on the long sleeves than others do. But yeah, my mother still thinks I'm back to my habit when I cover my arms - and she thinks I've stopped years ago, sort of.
I know it's difficult to tell your parents that you slipped up - but it's important that you get help with this. If this is too hard, could you simply tell them that you're struggling to stay free, and that you need some assistance with that? |
I can understand not wanting to upset your mum, but she may be more upset if she finds out herself and then is more upset you didn't tell her. Plus she can support you so you don't relapse in the future.
|
if the recent cuts arent too noticeable, then maybe not covering up would attract less suspicion.
if they are, then try different ways of hiding it with wristbands or whatever might help. take care, hope this helps. |
| All times are GMT +1. The time now is 04:33 AM. |
Powered by vBulletin® Version 3.6.4
Copyright ©2000 - 2026, Jelsoft Enterprises Ltd.