RYL Forums

RYL Forums (https://www.recoveryourlife.com/forum/index.php)
-   Veterans Board (https://www.recoveryourlife.com/forum/forumdisplay.php?f=34)
-   -   I has gots a Jobsicle (https://www.recoveryourlife.com/forum/showthread.php?t=149528)

Childerbeast 21-10-2010 03:23 AM

I has gots a Jobsicle
 
Finally after 2 years and 2 countries! Only catch is it's working in a shop which i said i didn't wanna do as its 8 hour shifts and i'm currently doing 6 days a week (so worth it when payday rolls around tho).

So basically, best shoes for standing for 8 hours a day? Or any ideas to keep my feet from hurting quite as much :) Anything is muchly appreciated.

After my 3 months probation is up then me and the hubby can FINALLY move out of the inlaws basement, things are finally looking up :-D :-D :-D

88shelz 21-10-2010 01:10 PM

flat shoes. with some sort of padding on the sole.

crazykat 21-10-2010 01:14 PM

I agree with Michelle and congrats on the job

archer one 21-10-2010 01:35 PM

Sounds strange but I find wearing school-type shoes really help.

Childerbeast 21-10-2010 03:54 PM

I was wearing a pair of flats n they were just killing my feet =( Maybe i'll try out some school type shoes, or trainers if i can get away with it hehe

random.swirls 21-10-2010 04:04 PM

I think it will take a bit of time to get used to standing but agree with lots of cushioning on the sole - I know you can get padded inserts for shoes so it might be worth checking them out!

Queen Crabbit 21-10-2010 05:05 PM

The thing with flats is that they are literally just a bit of rubber and leather between your feet and the floor. Do you wear trousers or a skirt? I wear boots to work now it's getting colder (similar to these) and they're really comfy because of the way the bottom and heel are (i.e. big and flat!). And as it gets colder I can put a few pairs of long socks underneath it. It might be worth investing in something like that? And I would recommend that you invest in a decent pair of shoes rather than cheap ones because you're going to be in them 8 hours a day 6 days a week, and your feet will thank you for it!

akita 23-10-2010 12:35 AM

Congrats on the job.

Childerbeast 23-10-2010 03:14 AM

Thanks guys, i went with a pair of Sketchers shape ups, they are actually super comfy, trouble is i already screwed up my ankles with the flats (already had problems with them just aggrivated now) so lil bit of pain, but in the ankle not in my feetsys :P

frannie 23-10-2010 11:21 AM

ah i was gonna say sketchers because they do shoe type shoes that feel like trainers inside. i do 8+ hours stood up for about 50+ hours per week (whilst being preggo... nice eh?!) and it really is just getting used to it. but most of all


WELL DONE ON GETTING THE JOB :D

Gone. 23-10-2010 02:33 PM

Yeah, I think you'll get used to it after a while and sketchers will be better for your feet than cheap rubbish.

Well done on the job as well!

Childerbeast 24-10-2010 01:02 AM

Fran - That sounds like fuuuun (not!)

N yup it's already way better with the sketchers tho so im happy lol

frannie 24-10-2010 05:03 PM

haha, no it's not fun. but i used to work 70+ hours doing door to door sales. hence the knowledge of the yumminess of sketchers. you can get big furry boots of them. mmm.

Childerbeast 24-10-2010 05:51 PM

Quote:

Originally Posted by fran (me) (Post 2541122)
you can get big furry boots of them. mmm.

:O How did i miss this?!

frannie 24-10-2010 11:40 PM

have a look online. my mum ordered hers over ebay i think. they were delivered the next day. they have furry pompoms too. tee hee.

Childerbeast 25-10-2010 05:35 AM

Awesome :P


All times are GMT +1. The time now is 11:36 PM.

Powered by vBulletin® Version 3.6.4
Copyright ©2000 - 2026, Jelsoft Enterprises Ltd.