RYL Forums

RYL Forums (https://www.recoveryourlife.com/forum/index.php)
-   Self-Harm Discussion and Support (https://www.recoveryourlife.com/forum/forumdisplay.php?f=29)
-   -   Can't seem to stop getting triggered? (https://www.recoveryourlife.com/forum/showthread.php?t=149340)

WhiteRose~ 18-10-2010 06:15 PM

Can't seem to stop getting triggered?
 
Okay so recently I've been triggered most of the time.
This includes in my lessons studying Shakespeare etc.. I don't know why all of a sudden I've become so triggered, even the slightest of things said to me wrong seem to set me off.
I've even taken to harming in school and wherever I am, I don't want this to affect me..
Any advice on how to cope?
Thanks..

chinahorse 18-10-2010 08:01 PM

Hi, Im sorry to hear that things are bad for you at the moment.
When you get triggered have you tried doing any sort of distractions or breathing techniques or relaxation? I can find them useful to distract from the urge.

-Pandora- 18-10-2010 10:56 PM

I'm sorry you're struggling with things at the moment.

Is there anyone you can talk to, like a counsellor?
They will be able to give you techniques and distractions and other litte tips that will help you to keep calm and not think about SI.

fragile as glass 19-10-2010 03:44 PM

don't take any tools etc with you to school - then you won't be able to S/H at school

as for coping with triggers, make sure you stay round people and keep yourself busy so you don't have time to think

MayhemBee 19-10-2010 04:01 PM

try to find something that helps you deal with the trigger.
i draw pictures whenever i feel like cutting.
dont carry tool with you at least so you dont get into the situation of hiding in a toilet and cutting...
not good to get that far.

take care.

WhiteRose~ 24-10-2010 11:15 PM

Thanks a lot, I try and stay around people but it doesn't really help.

I've taken my tool out of my bag so that's that sorted, I just really struggle with the urge, I've got a few things that could keep me distracted so I shall remember that.
Thankyou

nowhereman 25-10-2010 09:14 AM

I'm glad you've taken it out of your bag, I hope that helps, maybe if you can't do it the urges will lesson. Keep distracted and around people as everyone said. Good luck.

WhiteRose~ 29-10-2010 03:16 PM

I reckon it will help, hopefully it shall lesson.
I shall do, thanks a lot :)


All times are GMT +1. The time now is 11:33 AM.

Powered by vBulletin® Version 3.6.4
Copyright ©2000 - 2026, Jelsoft Enterprises Ltd.