![]() |
i have a question
and this might be the wrong place to post it but here goes....
I tried suicide about a month or so ago and had my first visit to a psych hospital where i had to stay for 3 days. and it was like the 12th time (i think) i've tried but i got diagnosed with borderline personality disorder. and now the part of family that know treat me differently and my mom is always like "we don't need you upset" or "don't let this upset you". i've been cutting for a long time and i know that all this has been hard on my family but i just want them to go back to treating me like a normal person. How do ya'll deal with your families? do they treat you different now? thank you for your time and answers |
Hi Signing child, I'm sorry to hear that you have been having a hard time, I hope things start to feel better for you soon. Whilst I have no idea how I am going to react when my son comes home, I can guess I'll probably treat him differently, eventhough I know this will make him upset. I'm guessing the reason will be because I wont know what he's thinking and eventhough he is ill, it somehow feels like the trust we had has been damaged and needs time to repair. I dont mean this in a bad way, I guess it'll just time to beleive that he is not going to harm himself. My father was bi-polar and I used to treat him like he was wrapped in cotton wool. Maybe your mum needs to find somewhere to educate herself in self harm so that she can experience what other people have been through, I know that for me, understanding will be the key to keeping it together and supporting him in the future. PM me anytime and be brave, your mum is probably trying to get her round things xx
|
my mom thinks that the only reason SI is for attention. she's a nurse and has seen several people come into the hospital w scars like mine. I'm the only girl in my family and for some reason girls are still treated differently from guys and here my brothers have always been more important to my mom, grandparents and everyone else. i've tried to explain things to her and give her stuff to read and whatnot--she's just not interested.
|
| All times are GMT +1. The time now is 06:59 PM. |
Powered by vBulletin® Version 3.6.4
Copyright ©2000 - 2026, Jelsoft Enterprises Ltd.