RYL Forums

RYL Forums (https://www.recoveryourlife.com/forum/index.php)
-   Forum and Community Questions (https://www.recoveryourlife.com/forum/forumdisplay.php?f=47)
-   -   v.4 & absent webmasters (https://www.recoveryourlife.com/forum/showthread.php?t=146269)

Queen Crabbit 09-09-2010 05:08 PM

v.4 & absent webmasters
 
I think I already know the answer to this question; and I'm pretty sure it's going to be the same as the answer we were given way back before anyone even had access to v.3, but when is v.4 going to come around?

And any idea when we're going to get our webmaster back? I know he's rehabilitating at the moment (and I really do hope that it's going well) but H being away isn't a new problem (as I'm sure most of the mods remember my moans and groans years ago) and yeah, it sucks to have a website without a webmaster, just like you'd be lost at sea on a ship with no captain.

Aimee, Typsee and the rest of the moderating/staff teams have done a brilliant job at keeping RYL going, but that's all it is, because it's all they CAN do - keep it going. No improvements can be made without Harley around, and a lot of people that know their interwebz would expect the webmaster of a site like this to at least be active occasionally.

Kthnx.

The One Who 09-09-2010 05:24 PM

I believe it was due to be here before Easter (this year), but due to some technical problems or something it is now more likely to be late 2010. I'm taking that with a truckload of salt though.

I know that sometimes it might seem like we are all incredibly ungrateful towards Harley, but we're not. It's just the same old frustration cropping up again and again.

sajhfuahuefghaeg 09-09-2010 06:02 PM

What Chels/Claire said. I'm so constructive. :P

GoldDustReturnz 09-09-2010 06:07 PM

Quote:

Originally Posted by Rawrk (Post 2482144)
What Chels/Claire said. I'm so constructive. :P


Dreaming. 09-09-2010 07:50 PM

I'm fairly sure that V4 was supposed to be up over a year ago.

sajhfuahuefghaeg 09-09-2010 08:08 PM

along with a millionother new things, but yeah.

ModestMolly 09-09-2010 09:57 PM

do we really need a v4...?

sajhfuahuefghaeg 09-09-2010 10:10 PM

apparently.

Dreaming. 09-09-2010 10:47 PM

Whilst new things are cool, it would just be nice to focus on and sort out the fundamental things that've needed sorting since V2 before we go focussing on some fancy new toy to play with. It's just so frustrating, it's the same thing time and again.

P.S. Tiff, I keep on staring at your signature and thinking I've said I've liked it without actually saying it - so for the record, I LOVE your signature.

sajhfuahuefghaeg 09-09-2010 10:49 PM

^same.

to the post before your second post, which was ninja like :P

Patch. 09-09-2010 10:58 PM

In all fairness though it must be hard to run this large a community, especially when he is unwell... without Harley we wouldn't have RYL in the first pleace.
I do totally get what you guys are saying though, and I do rather like RYL as it is. And I agree on the fact that we should sort out fundamental things before v4.

Just my 2 socks :)

Dreaming. 09-09-2010 11:07 PM

Quote:

Originally Posted by Rawrk (Post 2482606)
^same.

to the post before your second post, which was ninja like :P

Lol, sorry - computer messed up, I managed to double-post so I deleted the first post. I can't even remember what I said in the first post that was different.

Freedom Fighter 09-09-2010 11:07 PM

Quote:

do we really need a v4...?
in a word yes. there are a few security holes in the system

Queen Crabbit 10-09-2010 12:55 AM

v.4 was being talked about way back when I was still on the staff - which is like, well over a year ago. in fact, maybe two? and it was a fairly old concept by then, so it's gotta have been coming for at least two years.

kinda makes me wonder why i spent so much time trying to raise money to go towards it. lol.

Biba 10-09-2010 01:39 AM

Harley must be really sick or had had really bad accident, my hopes are with him either way, yeah . what is a v4... i dont understand that. and why do we need it.

Freedom Fighter 10-09-2010 01:48 AM

because bells whistles and gongs are cool (Y)

Keyboard Warrior 10-09-2010 08:18 PM

If my grandkids turn out crazy, I shall ask them whether Harley is back yet.

JaffaCake. 10-09-2010 09:24 PM

Quote:

Originally Posted by Dreaming. (Post 2482282)
I'm fairly sure that V4 was supposed to be up over a year ago.

I read a thread that was made in like early 2009 that said v4 was coming soon.

GoldDustReturnz 10-09-2010 10:08 PM

Quote:

Originally Posted by Stop! Hammer Time (Post 2483675)
If my grandkids turn out crazy, I shall ask them whether Harley is back yet.

lol'd

Freedom Fighter 10-09-2010 10:25 PM

This is 100% my opinion and dosen't reflect the views of any one else on staff or any of the staff teams.


I expect beta access for V4 to be out by the winter of 2011 at the very earliest. That *should*put the opening around SIAD of 2012.

The coding for the new version of the forum software looks like it came out during the summer. What ever is happening to chat hasn't been seriously talked about. And there are a few other major things that are still up in the air. Plus a person with admin access needs to be healthy enough to work on RYL.


All times are GMT +1. The time now is 09:05 AM.

Powered by vBulletin® Version 3.6.4
Copyright ©2000 - 2026, Jelsoft Enterprises Ltd.