RYL Forums

RYL Forums (https://www.recoveryourlife.com/forum/index.php)
-   Abuse and Bullying Support (https://www.recoveryourlife.com/forum/forumdisplay.php?f=32)
-   -   Is this abuse? (https://www.recoveryourlife.com/forum/showthread.php?t=145691)

no point 02-09-2010 01:15 PM

Is this abuse?
 
I didn't label this as "contains abuse" because I'm not sure what it is yet.
When I was little, my parents used to hit me. My mom used to hit my head with closed fists and pull my ear and my dad used to hit my bottom when I got out of bed at nights. I never knew when they would hit me so I was very on edge and scared. It used to hurt but I never had any scars except when a private tutor hit my face and my lip started bleeding. My parents were totally fine with it because they told her to do anything to discipline me.
I know I was a difficult child. I didn't want to study, I had a learning disorder, I didn't want to eat and I was agressive (I think the agressiveness started after the hitting started). Because I was acting out so much, I think it was my fault that they were hitting me. Since it never left any scars most of the time, is this abuse?

crazykat 02-09-2010 01:20 PM

Yes it is abuse, what they did was wrong. It is never okay to hit a child. Also none of this is your fault.

Ethereal 02-09-2010 01:23 PM

I don't know where you live, but where I live, you can only hit a child with a open hand, not a fist. and I'm pretty sure that anywhere in the western world you can't hit their face.

this is definitely abuse.

whirlpools 02-09-2010 04:56 PM

this is definitely ABuse.

And, controversiAlly, i believe thAt no Adult should ever hit A child, no mAtter where, how or whAt the circumstAnces.

i'm so sorry you hAd to go through All thAt, sweetheArt.

no point 02-09-2010 05:45 PM

thanks for the replies and the support. i have been thinking about this lately but just wasn't sure if it was abuse.

iwantperfection 11-09-2010 10:31 PM

this just answered my question as well so thanks :)
i know how horrible it is not knowing whether they've treated you wrong or not but it is wrong & not ur fault. x


All times are GMT +1. The time now is 06:56 PM.

Powered by vBulletin® Version 3.6.4
Copyright ©2000 - 2026, Jelsoft Enterprises Ltd.