RYL Forums

RYL Forums (https://www.recoveryourlife.com/forum/index.php)
-   Veterans Board (https://www.recoveryourlife.com/forum/forumdisplay.php?f=34)
-   -   What do you think? (https://www.recoveryourlife.com/forum/showthread.php?t=145418)

no point 29-08-2010 10:10 PM

What do you think?
 
I was just thinking about something my sister and my cousin (at different times) said lately. When my sister and I were talking, I said I don't want to have kids because I don't have the patience. My sister said it's because our parents used to beat me when I was little. My cousin also said (in her words) "everyone was beating you" at another time. I don't think it was abuse because every kid gets beaten and I wasn't easy when I was little. It probably was the only way my family could deal with me. I've never told this to anyone. Anyways, I just think about it sometimes. A part of me thinks they shouldn't have done it but I also think it was my fault. I wasn't a good kid. I'll probably delete this thread cause I'm not comfortable talking about these things. I was just wondering what your thoughts are.

englishrose 30-08-2010 12:43 AM

Ashley I don’t want to make you feel uncomfortable but no matter how you acted or what you where like no one ever should be beaten because of behaviour ever and it you where hard as a child you where a child you learnt from them they where your guide its not your fault it was there parenting style that was wrong!

On the child matter i know where your coming from i don’t think i want children not because i don’t have the patience but I can see that some people like my aunt choose not to because they don’t want to! I think part of it is i remember how hard and upsetting my childhood was and i think could i offer a child the promise that it would be better and i think do i want to bring another child in to this world!
I get it i just think it’s a wait and see because what you say now might not be what you say in 10 20 years if you understand. sorry if it doesn't make sense or you don’t understand!

crazykat 30-08-2010 12:47 AM

No child ever deserves to be beaten no matter what. It is abuse, what they did to you was wrong and is in no way your fault at all.

no point 30-08-2010 07:50 PM

thank you. it really means a lot to me that you replied :-)


All times are GMT +1. The time now is 03:52 PM.

Powered by vBulletin® Version 3.6.4
Copyright ©2000 - 2026, Jelsoft Enterprises Ltd.