![]() |
Overdose again
Hi
I took an OD earlier in week and now taken a similar one again. I can't remember much from last time. I know I was slurring my words and was trying to harm and almost killed myself on the psychiatric ward. I cannot remember how much i took last time. I don't feel drowsy or confused at moment like last time. Think it's hard to ask what i need to do without amounts. so if advisor online - help greatfully received Wren |
Hi im not a First Aid Advisor but saw your post and am concerned.
i think perhaps you really need to get someone to take you to hosp or call an ambulance immediately. It sounds like you really need medical attention. You could try and PM one of the First Aiders but please dont leave it too long before trying to seek medical help closer to you. i would hate for anything bad to happen to you and things dont sound good. i also note your in England.If you really cant get someone to take you to hosp and wont call an ambulance [though i would strongly like you to] could you at least try to call NHS Direct on 0845 46 47. They may be able to answer any questions and tell you what you need to do more immediately than a First Aid Advisor [depending if they are online]. If nothing else please keep talking here.im very worried about you. But really i think you need urgent medical attention.Any overdose can be extremely dangerous no matter what the medication or amount. i know its not easy and often far from it but please seek the help you need. |
I don't feel the same symptoms as last time - although I'd lost my sense of time so not entirely sure how long they took to take effect.
I feel reluctant to go to A&E because I had to put on a real good performance to get out of psychiattric hospital and I'm scared it won't be so easy. I don't think I've taken as much this time. I'm not sure which of the drugs it was that made me bad last time. Thank you for your post. Try not to worry. I am currently working with the crisis intervention team, so if i started to feel bad i could always phone them. Thanks again Wren x |
i do really understand your reluctance to go back to A and E and/or the Psychiatric hospital etc.
But each OD is different as you are finding - even if you had taken the same stuff it might effect you totally differently this time. There is no way of knowing. im just scared of you doing irreversible damage or dare i say it...even worse. Do you think you could maybe at least call the crisis team?Let them know how you are and what youve done perhaps? Or could you at least try and ring NHS Direct anonymously and listen to their advice and then consider more what to do as you will have more information to go on then hopefully? i know its scary and i dont want to push you.im just concerned and any OD as im sure you know really does risk being so serious [even if you feel well or not]. How are you doing now? xx |
I feel a bit drowsy but nothing mjaor. Just like being a bit
drunk. I don't live far from the hospial, only 10 mins drive so could always get ataxi if i feel bad Thanks Wren |
I really think you should get some medical help. Do your crisis team or GP service have an out-of-hours number you can call?
Also, you could ask about the home treatment team which is an equivalent that some mental health services have to a psychiatric ward where an MH professional comes to visit you at home 2 or 3 times a day to check you are okay. This can be a good 'compromise' as it gives you regular help and support (and they can prescribe things too if necessary) but means you don't have to be an inpatient. |
How are u feeling today? Hope ur ok! I would def still get a proper check up from the doctors even if u didnt end up going last night. Hope all is ok. hugs
|
Hi
Thanks all. I feel OK. The Crisis/Home treatment team are coming around today so I think I will mention it to them. Really grateful to everyone Thanks again Wren x |
Why perform to get out when you clearly need the help? and you have to mention it to them, you dont have to even think about it.
|
Even if you're feeling better I STRONGLY suggest you talk to your doctor about this and ALSO your intervention team. ODs are extremely serious, not just from a health point of view where they can cause you a LOT of permanent damage or kill you, but also from a psychological point of view and if you still feel the need to OD then you need to discuss this and get help for that before you crash back down. Really, as well tell them the truth about how you feel, that is the only way that they'll ever be able to help you.
Even if you see them, talk to your GP as they can obviously check you over from a physical point of view and see if you need anything or if any damage has been done and what they can do to help. |
I spoke to Home treatment. I have a doctors appointment tomorrow, for blood and urine tests and a general check. I have an appointment with psychiatrist on Thursday then think we're arranging a maating with everyone involved in my care for the same day. So think I'm doing the right things.
Thanks Wren |
Well done.That is so good to hear.And must have been really hard to sort out all that and so brave.im really proud of you.
i hope it goes well with the doc tomorrow and also the meetings Thursday etc and also that you can hopefully get some more emotional support too at this very difficult time. im sorry youve been feeling so bad and please dont feel scared about making an emotional support thread on one of the boards too if you feel you need to/would like to if you havent already that is! Good luck with everything.Well done again and i will be thinking of you. i hope things arent too bad tonight. xx |
| All times are GMT +1. The time now is 12:29 AM. |
Powered by vBulletin® Version 3.6.4
Copyright ©2000 - 2026, Jelsoft Enterprises Ltd.