RYL Forums

RYL Forums (https://www.recoveryourlife.com/forum/index.php)
-   Forum and Community Questions (https://www.recoveryourlife.com/forum/forumdisplay.php?f=47)
-   -   live help (https://www.recoveryourlife.com/forum/showthread.php?t=142848)

aquila12 30-07-2010 01:13 PM

live help
 
just wondering is it ever online? if so when?

MammaMia 30-07-2010 01:47 PM

It is online at times, but not at set times. Also I believe they were having a few technical problems, not sure if this is still the case though.

akita 30-07-2010 01:56 PM

PM a mod if it's urgent.

griddlebone 30-07-2010 02:52 PM

Instead of PMing a mod youre probably better off emailing the supporters :) xx

Buttons. 30-07-2010 05:30 PM

Yes live help is sometimes on but as the support team is staffed by volunteers with demands on their time sometimes there are limits to how often someone is available, however as previously stated if you email the supporters you can get support that way.

klo_flo 30-07-2010 10:20 PM

Hey... yes as Katy said.

We are currently adding new memebers to the team and always hope that we will have it online more - it's always our goal.

If it isn't online though, you can email the supports at supporters@recoveryourlife.com and we do replying with a day or two. If you need real time support, don't forget that there is chat.

Keep safe,
Chloe

aquila12 31-07-2010 01:17 AM

okay thank you for all your answers. appreciate it :D I love this site everyone is so friendly and nice. why cant the "real world" be like this? :P

ModestMolly 07-08-2010 09:10 PM

its pretty rarely online. maybe try seek support elsewhere, like samartians? hope you're okay x

Animad 10-08-2010 09:33 PM

It's not that rare that it's online. I think what people have to remember is that not all supporters are able to use Live Help so the number that can is pretty low. On top of this they are only volunteers so they can only come on RYL when they've got nothing else which they have to do; they get nothing out of it apart from a sense of wellbeing. As well as that they have to be online and know they're going to be online for a reasonable length of time; it's pointless them logging in if they're just going to be online for 5minutes. I think the other important thing to realise is that all supporters like other staff members and pretty much all RYL members came on here for the same reason and so at times they have their own problems which means they're not up to giving support which can be pretty demanding. Therefore, I think people have to realise that a lot of the time it's not online and therefore if it's not then emailling them is a great alternative in which a greater number of supporters will be able to reply and you will get a reply relatively quickly. Other than that you can always post a thread.

I think what people have to realise is that the support given on RYL is only meant to be an addition to other support somone's getting so it's best to set up your own support network at home, even if it is just chatting to friends/ family, and therefore you wouldn't feel so reliant on RYL.

Gone. 10-08-2010 10:42 PM

Kim and Katy said what I would say.

Buttons. 11-08-2010 09:07 AM

Kim, I love you.

ModestMolly 11-08-2010 06:22 PM

i agree, just sayin', really should get rid of it all together if it's never gonna be used. stop getting ppl's hopes up etc.

Buttons. 11-08-2010 10:38 PM

^ It is used though, and at times quite regularly, plus when it isn't online there is an email service which takes a lot of work.

Harley 12-08-2010 09:56 AM

Again, this is one area of RYL being majorly overhauled in the new version!

Both the way the system works for the community, and how it works for staff (and if it works!) are currently well below par and we know it and we are working hard on the solutions as well speak :)

ModestMolly 12-08-2010 12:31 PM

ah thanks harley :) i love how you can actually admit when you know it's at fault, unlike some other folk!

Harley 12-08-2010 01:05 PM

Be careful not to blame those who have no control over certain things.

The Support team try very hard and do very well - considering the enormous load. I know one of the main ways of getting it online more is to improve the system - so while they continue to do their best, thats what I will do...

Buttons. 12-08-2010 02:43 PM

Thankyou Harley :)

Louise 12-08-2010 02:44 PM

Thank you Harley :)

Greyscale 12-08-2010 04:20 PM

You all do a great job. I know years ago I used the Live Help and it was very helpful. Many other members find support through the email option. Also, I see Live Help on at least once or twice a day in general.

Bellatrix 13-08-2010 02:08 PM

Thanks Harley


All times are GMT +1. The time now is 09:46 AM.

Powered by vBulletin® Version 3.6.4
Copyright ©2000 - 2026, Jelsoft Enterprises Ltd.