RYL Forums

RYL Forums (https://www.recoveryourlife.com/forum/index.php)
-   General Chat (https://www.recoveryourlife.com/forum/forumdisplay.php?f=21)
-   -   Calling all ninjas! (https://www.recoveryourlife.com/forum/showthread.php?t=142619)

Left Phalange 28-07-2010 01:32 AM

Calling all ninjas!
 
My cover has been compromised!

I attempted to sneak downstairs in the natural ninja way so as not to wake anyone else in my house so I could fetch myself ninja food to replenish my energy for training and ninja missions. The problem was, EVERY. SINGLE. STEP. on my staircase creaks. LOUDLY.

How on earth am I meant to be sneaky and suspicious when things like this happen?!

Have any fellow ninjas experienced cover compromises similar to this?

And is there any advice I can receive so as to avoid this catastrophe in the future?

Also, WHY THE HELL IS THERE NO NINJA EMOTICON?!

yourockmysocks 28-07-2010 01:39 AM

SLIDE DOWN THE STAIRCASE


That's so obvious I could cry.

There is no ninja emoticon because ninjas are supposed to be invisible. But if there was it would be this one. :hazard: Or this one :smurf:

shadow-light 28-07-2010 01:40 AM

:anyword:

Bitter_Angel 28-07-2010 01:51 AM

A true ninja, would somersault down the stairs and therefore avoiding the creaky ones.
Though, it is also possibly to slide down the banister.

yourockmysocks 28-07-2010 01:54 AM

Quote:

Originally Posted by Bitter_Angel (Post 2421950)
A true ninja, would somersault down the stairs and therefore avoiding the creaky ones.
Though, it is also possibly to slide down the banister.

No, a true ninja would cut a hole in the floor and grapple down. Or if regular ninja sneaking is expected, create a secret passageway.

yourockmysocks 28-07-2010 02:01 AM

Whoa, if you notice at the bottom, it's SneakyLIKEaNinja's birthday. Not that I've ever spoken to said user before, or even noticed them, but that is TRUE ninja form.

lungs locked lips locked 28-07-2010 02:34 AM

Just climb down the ceiling. Easy. Like spiderman.

Amberjade! 28-07-2010 02:38 AM

I have no good imput, as I'm a fail of a ninja, but I do agree with the lac of Ninja emoticon!!

Asura 28-07-2010 03:37 AM


Pierrot 28-07-2010 03:47 AM

When you go down the stairs, hug the wall opposite the banister--but not so close that your clothes whisper against the wall. When you walk, place your feet as close to the walls as you can. Wooden stairs creak because the joints between boards are loose. Close to the walls, the joints are more stable, and therefore tighter. They'll creak less.

When you take a step, distribute your weight evenly across your whole foot. The temptation when you're sneaking is to tiptoe, but that puts all of your weight over a very small area; again, you're putting stress on the joints, which invites creaking. A greater surface area for weight distribution means less stress on the boards. Besides, your balance will be better.

And just in case things go wrong, don't forget your smoke bombs, right?

All I know is falling. 28-07-2010 04:04 AM

You jump down them!!!
(without falling)

Vlad 28-07-2010 04:48 AM

I would have to say become a pirate, it's the simple solution.

Way easier to just casually wander down making a racket, pillage the kitchen and just not care what people think because pirates are too awesome to care about disgruntling some people in the search for loot. :P

akita 28-07-2010 06:56 AM

Ah uh ninja :ninja::ninja::ninja::ninja::ninja:

Ettie 28-07-2010 09:41 AM

Ninjas are awesome!!
weight distribution is the key. I suggest jumping a few steps at a time and sinking your weight into your knees, with practice you would be able to increase the number of steps thus decreases the number of creaks. or if you are a ninja you could do the whole set in one jump thus the chance of creaking will not be as high

akita 28-07-2010 09:50 AM

Or get a sleeping bag and roll down the stairs in that.

[Purple_Rain] 28-07-2010 10:01 AM

Zipwire. Zipwires are the way forward.

Buttons. 28-07-2010 10:50 AM

Learn to fly. I had a ninja dream last night that I learnt to fly (involves flapping your arms very fast). All ninjas can learn to fly, with practice.

lungs locked lips locked 28-07-2010 01:18 PM

Quote:

Originally Posted by Vlad (Post 2422036)
I would have to say become a pirate, it's the simple solution.

Way easier to just casually wander down making a racket, pillage the kitchen and just not care what people think because pirates are too awesome to care about disgruntling some people in the search for loot. :P

Oh Gosh man, don't start another Pirates versus Ninjas arguement!

star_shine 28-07-2010 02:28 PM

Quote:

Originally Posted by mystery of life (Post 2422186)
Or get a sleeping bag and roll down the stairs in that.

this makes a lot of noise not a ninja mode of travel id have thought.

Schleier von Dunst 28-07-2010 02:48 PM

I had a dream that I flew down the stairs once. It was fun.


All times are GMT +1. The time now is 06:04 AM.

Powered by vBulletin® Version 3.6.4
Copyright ©2000 - 2026, Jelsoft Enterprises Ltd.