![]() |
Cipralex? Anyone ever taken it?
Cipralex???
My Doctor just put me on this today and I'm just wondering if anyone's ever tried it. Any major side affects? Did it help? Not Help? Thanks |
Yep, I've been on it. Didnt have any major side effects, but I found it didnt really work for me, so I am currently on a transition onto Venlafaxine, so taking a reduced dose of Cipralex.
I hope it works for you though xx |
i got put on 5mg about 2 months ago cos i have beeen really depressed...it made me mega restless..then they told me to take 10 mg for 2 days then 20mg...and it's sent me up the walls, i could sit still or stand still. i had to stop it. ssri's don't seem to agree with me...
|
Thanks for the info. I was put on 10mg a day so we'll see.
The doc told me that there's a good chance I'll be really nauseated. Like morning sickness. Told me to take it before bed to try and combat that. I appreciate the replies |
hmm thing about taking it before bed...some people find that these kind of anti-depressants keep them awake...so if you can't sleep tonight when you take it...i suggest you try taking it in the morning..? you don't want to get insomnia..ha..
|
I'll keep that in mind. Thank you. As far as insomnia goes, I don't sleep well on the best of nights so I really don't need anything adding to that.
Maybe I'll try it in the morning and just see how the nausea goes. Thank you for your imput. |
I was on it some years ago. it gave me diarrhea though so I eventually was taken off them again. Didn't help me either.
|
I'm on 20mg. I started at 5mg. I don't really notice any side effects anymore. I can't remember which ones I felt in the beginning. I started wellbutrin almost at the same time so its hard to know which side effects were from which drug.
Overall I though it helped a lot with anxiety and anger outbursts. |
Well I'm hoping it helps with the anxiety the most. I mean I need the anti depressent but I'm also taking clanazepam for anxiety but I don't want to be. Not a big fan of benzos so I hope it will help with both so I can drop the benzo.
Thank you for all your replies. |
I've been on them for about 2 months now, no side effects but also no good effects :(
I was taken off venlafaxine and put onto these |
i was on 10mg of it for a month but it gave me really bad migraines. i threw up and passed out at work so they told me to stop taking them, now im on sertraline.
|
Thanks for all the info everyone.
bright.side.of.life: Did the migraines start soon after you started taking it or did it take a bit of time being in your system before they started. I know you said you were only on it for a month but did they start a couple of days in or a couple of weeks in? |
Quote:
I take it in the morning so it wont mess with sleep. And yes, get off the clonaz. as soon as you (safely and medically supervised) can. Benzo's can be evil. Hope it works for you! xx |
| All times are GMT +1. The time now is 08:43 PM. |
Powered by vBulletin® Version 3.6.4
Copyright ©2000 - 2026, Jelsoft Enterprises Ltd.