RYL Forums

RYL Forums (https://www.recoveryourlife.com/forum/index.php)
-   Creativity and Reviews (https://www.recoveryourlife.com/forum/forumdisplay.php?f=23)
-   -   She Walked Barefoot (https://www.recoveryourlife.com/forum/showthread.php?t=136501)

consequential 21-05-2010 12:06 AM

She Walked Barefoot
 
This is how I feel now.I now have four acceptances for my poems .Last night one was posted on an online zine.It was good to see it like that.


She Walked Barefoot.


She walked barefoot through the streets,
Swaying. swaying amongst the crowds.

The drunken story of her life ,
Etched upon her face.

Her eyes twin soldiers,
In a deadly game.

The tattered discord of her past,
Hanging in folds from her arms.

The motion of madness a constant,
Amidst the rationality of the night.

Oh the mind, mind had mountains,
She has perched high above,
Her aching needs,
Her swollen pain,
Far from reality,
Far from the truth.

She bleeds drops as she walks…

A minuet of red,
Dancing over the broken pavement,
Her testament to life.

Wrists loose with liquid,
Scarred dreams,
Scarred promises,
A miss-match of clotted yesterdays.

I am the broken bottle
From which she feeds,
I am the torn skin,
On which she walks,
I am the bloodied stone,
On which she pounds.

She is the lost angel
Of her skies,
The final, final of today.

She walks barefoot
Yet
She doesn’t know why.

TheHurtWillNeverHeal 21-05-2010 02:19 AM

This is beautiful and inspiring. Keep writing! :)

Scumbelina 21-05-2010 03:17 AM

oooh blood splatter pic :-|

[Desolation.] 21-05-2010 08:03 AM

wow i really like this. good idea, good writing, good everything :)

crazykat 22-05-2010 02:18 AM

Really well written


All times are GMT +1. The time now is 02:30 PM.

Powered by vBulletin® Version 3.6.4
Copyright ©2000 - 2026, Jelsoft Enterprises Ltd.