![]() |
The Support for Everyday Struggles Thread
Got something going on today? Are you mildly triggered and don't feel like you need a whole thread to talk about it? Post here with the ins and outs of recovery from and struggles with self-harm.
There is just one rule: Please respond to the person above you in your post. Even a few words are often greatly appreciated. That way, we can all get a little boost in our struggles/recovery. Happy posting! |
Nice idea!
How are you today? |
i agree, nice idea.
I'm feeling a bit hopeless atm. like the light at the end of the tunnel might just be a train XD |
Hugs Lyddy you can do it sweetie..
Just paniking about college... I try lol hopefully my holiday will clear things up even if i am wondering about that as well |
^^ Dont worry i'm sure you will get through college, not long to go! :)
I feel really bad, i want to cut again, i just cant make the anxiety go away. |
Impossible for me to sit back and tell you not to cut, but just remember it does more harm than good in the long run. :( Is there anything else that's capable of relieving your anxiety? Music? A long run/walk?
My dad came down to my room and basically made me feel like crap, as per usual. I think it's becoming a pre-bedtime routine... |
Don't let your dad get to you, tune him out. I can relate to the whole dad making me feel like crap. And you don't deserve whatever it is he says or does to make you feel bad. Hang in there. :)
I'm having a difficult time, I have to transfer colleges due to finances. I HATE being the new kid. I HATE making new friends. And I'm stressed about grades, so much pressure on stupid numbers that mean NOTHING in the real world! |
i know how you feel being the new kid D: and i nearly had to drop out of uni over finances so i know how that feels too
*hugs* it always gets better. i used to have no friends, srsly, none, and now i have friends. its like, woah, i have friends! focus on the work you have to do, and youll get the best grade you can =] i have to hand in some work today, fingers crossed its good enough! |
I am sure that it is good enough- good luck with it!
Generally I feel pretty down today. I had a terrible dream last night and it still scares me, plus I'm exhausted and feeling nauseous and ill :/ |
Aw i'm really sorry your still scared, maybe try and do something to take your mind off it, watch some tv, go out with friends? Hope the nightmare goes away x
I feel sad today, but better then i did in the morning at least... |
It's good that the day's getting a bit better. Is there anything fun you can do to make sure this evening is good too? What made you sad earlier?
I'm waiting to find out whether my flight is going to be able to go tomorrow evening and I think I'm a bit nervous about it. Done nothinng all day and the only person I've seen is my sister. Just feeling so empty and yuk. Gonna go to the gym soon which is about the only focus to my days right now but I'm worried that might be becoming a bit obsessive. |
The flight is out of your control, so try not to worry too much. Refocus the gym on being something to enjoy, have a bit of fun, rather than obsess over?
Im stressing about going back to school. People >.< |
I don't really know what to say.. But please take those *hugs*. I hope you'll be okay.
I'm actually doing pretty well. ^^ In the past 73 days I haven't SI'd at all and although I did have some urges earlier today, I still kept fighting. :D |
well done =] if thats you in your avatar, youre hot XD
im tired, but i still feel a little manic =D woo! keep an eye on me, lol |
Hope you regain some energy soon :)
I'm struggling a bit tonight, trying to remind myself that I don't want to go back to how I was. |
That's the way to go! Being positive is hard, but worth it :).
I'm just struggling with some bad feelings tonight, but I was super excited to see that my little idea (which I was somehow convinced would be immediately rejected) is working out! |
I love when that happens! It's the little things that make me go to sleep smiling. :]
However, that's not the case now. Because I was absent 4/5 days last week, and grades went in Friday, I could be ineligable just because of the fact that I don't have enough time to make up three tests, a few quizzes, and a bunch of other daily work or homework. It's extremely triggering, but I know that my cutting is ruining my health. It's got to the point where I'm probably turning severely anemic. |
*hugs* you having a lot of pressure on you...but I hope this situation works out soon and you can count on me :)
yesterday wasn't good...I had to take the swine flu vaccine, because it was the last day of free shots for people who is between 20-29 years old...and I hate needles, I have a huge neddle phobia that keeps me from doing blood tests and taking vaccines (it might seem a stupid fear and maybe gives the impression I am acting like a 3 year old child...) the fact is I got so anxious when I got to the nursery, that I got dizzy, pale, it was difficult for me to breath and I almost threw up in the nursery (I had to go running to the bathroom)...I got the f.... shot and after that my anxiety levels went to the roof to the point of the nurse call someone to take me home, but I got out of there before her return (if I stayed there for 5 minutes more, I would faint...) the result: I got detached from everything for the entire afternoon and when I came back to myself, as the vaccine side effects, I had this huge headache and my left arm hurts so much and I am having chills all the time (and my father complained with me because I didn't change my sister's diaper and when I said to him it was because I can't lift my arm he thought I was being silly and said the side effects only appear one day after I took the shot...seriously? It looks like I am lying and, well, even he being a mechanics technician he knows more than the nurse, right?) |
*hugs* im scared of blood (yes, i know, retarded SHer. i used to cut and then pass out.) so i know how you feel, all pathetic and dizzy, and the nurse hasn't even got to you yet XD its okay, everyones scared of something, and parents always insist they know more about everything than you.
the other day i saw my ex boyfriend, whos just got out of rehab. lol. thats a secret, but you dont know me irl so its okay. anyway he was telling me how awesome i am to have my life sorted, and its nice that i seem sorted, but i feel lost and out of control and ashamed that i cut, and pathetic that i cant get better, i mean, hes got himself of some srs drugs, and i cant even stop hurting myself. i did get off some light drugs, though. *attempt at smile* man, im such a downer D: |
*hugs*
It's great that you got off those drugs though. :) Oh, and sadly it's not me, it's Emilie Autumn. :D She's awesome. I have been looking for the blade I'd hidden a few weeks ago today, and I found it after an hour or so. So tempted to use it now. |
| All times are GMT +1. The time now is 02:29 PM. |
Powered by vBulletin® Version 3.6.4
Copyright ©2000 - 2026, Jelsoft Enterprises Ltd.