![]() |
My little positivity corner!
Well I have to say that I don't normally post here because I'm never really sure whether I'm moving forward or not but it's only now that I realise how differently I feel about myself than when I first joined RYL.
I remember reading some of my old rant threads from about 2/3 years ago and I was shocked at the venom with which I used to hate myself. It's taken a long time coming but now I realise that I deserve things! I deserve to experience life in all it's fullness, I deserve to attempt to achieve my dreams, I deserve good friendships and relationships and I deserve to take care of myself and be taken care of. For me coming to see this is a huge step and it's making life feel pretty exciting I can tell you! I feel like my eyes are slowly being opened but I know it's a long process so I'm setting up this little corner to keep me on track. To all of you here on RYL-You're all amazing people, every single one of you and I hope that every single one of you in time realises how much you're worth because you're worth so much more than you think you are. |
Aw, you're so sweet. And I'm really glad you're feeling better.
|
I happy that you are feeling good about yourself :-)
|
(Some quotes borrowed from another thread which I love)
"It is time for every one of us to roll up our sleeves and put ourselves at the top of our commitment list." Marian Wright Edelman "Go within everyday and find the inner strength so that the world will not blow your candle out." Katherine Dunham "When all is said and done, It is persistence that is the antidote to powerlessness..... The sight of goodness undeterred, Has more power than all the forces on earth arrayed against it." Joan Chittister "The best way to make your dreams come true is to wake up." Paul Vale'ry "It is hard to fail, but it is worse never to have tried to succeed." Theodore Roosevelt Today instead of hiding away in my room because I thought I hadn't done the seminar work, I bit the bullet and went in, which is great because I got help and direction for my assignment. This now makes my assigment much less daunting! It also reminds me that I don't have to be perfect in order to receive and deserve help. |
This is a lovely thread, you deserve so much to feel good about yourself. :) xx
|
Thanks Liv! The same goes for you too missy, remember that because you're awesome!
|
" You can be anything you want to be, you just need to want it enough"
I must remind myself to look at this thread when I'm feeling down. |
I have to really commit to this and I want to. I genuinely love learning, I love people and Psychology and new experiences and I want to stop holding myself back because of fear. I know everything can get scary sometimes but I have people here who I can turn to for support and probably my friends IRL if I gave them a chance!
I know you're angry and that's bcause you're worried. I'm not that person anymore and it's not about you, it's about me. |
Quote:
|
Do everything to your best ability so you can achieve success, but not just so you can achieve success but also because you like pushing yourself. This pushing yourself doesn't have to be a retreat to black and white thinking. Accepting yourself can be one of the key things that help you to push yourself safely.
|
I just thought I'd pop in and say it's nice to see this thread, and I hope you're doing great! x
|
Thanks very much Claire!
I'm doing okay thanks, just trying to make steady progress. I hope you're doing okay too! *squishes* |
Man up! You came back here here to show everyone what you were capable of! You can show yourself too in the process.
|
If you want to do this as a job you have to be good at working under pressure.
|
Quote:
|
You are doing so well. xx
|
wow I really like this thread hun!!! keep up the great work:)
|
I love this thread, well done done sweetheart.
|
Thankyou so much Louise, Loz and Kat! I hope you guys are doing okay too :)
How do you get to Carnegie Hall? Practise, practise, practise and with enough of that you can get anywhere. Preparation doesn't have to be a scary thing, preparation can be a wonderful thing because it allows you to really stretch your mind put your heart into whatever you're doing. |
Amazing thread, keep up the positivity and good luck ^_^ xx
|
| All times are GMT +1. The time now is 11:37 AM. |
Powered by vBulletin® Version 3.6.4
Copyright ©2000 - 2026, Jelsoft Enterprises Ltd.