RYL Forums

RYL Forums (https://www.recoveryourlife.com/forum/index.php)
-   Mental Health Discussion and Support (https://www.recoveryourlife.com/forum/forumdisplay.php?f=44)
-   -   Voices want me dead (https://www.recoveryourlife.com/forum/showthread.php?t=131229)

Pnuemonia[Blue] 28-03-2010 01:29 PM

Voices want me dead
 
One of my voices (theadora) keeps telling me she wants to die and wants to take an overdose. She keeps trying to collect pills and I find them stored in my bag. She's serious about what she's planning and I'm scared.

Do I tell a professional? Would they believe me when I say it's not me who wants to die it's her and she's hell bent on getting her way.
What can they do? urgh! I feel so helpless.

Thanks for reading xxx

tamobhuuta 28-03-2010 04:47 PM

sorry to hear theadora is giving you so much grief. do you see her as part of your mind, or something totally seperate? either way it might help to try to talk to her about why she wants to die. i think it would be a good idea to talk to a professional about this. if you do manage to talk to theadora about it, you can tell them what she said about why she wants to die, and that will help them to understand and help you.

lynx 28-03-2010 07:39 PM

Hi Emma,

I have a voice that wants me dead too. It is incredibly hard for a non-professional or someone who hasn't been through the same thing to understand that it's not YOU who wants to be dead. These aren't suicidal thoughts like, ugh, my life sucks, I don't want to be here any more; it's something from within you, but at the same time from the outside, TELLING YOU that you SHOULD be dead. That's a completely different thing.

Anyways. I know what you mean, and the psychiatrist I went to last week didn't look at me strangely for telling it was NOT me who wants these things. PM me if you want to talk.

Pnuemonia[Blue] 28-03-2010 08:30 PM

Thanks for the replies, I don't feel so alone now.
I'll try and talk to my case manager tomorrow and see what she suggests xx

88shelz 29-03-2010 04:29 PM

i always believe its a good idea to open up to those that are trying to help you as they cannot help you otherwise.
i know its scary to say these things but it is helpful x

tamobhuuta 31-03-2010 09:23 PM

how did it go?

Steel Maiden 01-04-2010 12:09 PM

I hope you can get the support you need. How did it go?


All times are GMT +1. The time now is 06:25 AM.

Powered by vBulletin® Version 3.6.4
Copyright ©2000 - 2026, Jelsoft Enterprises Ltd.