RYL Forums

RYL Forums (https://www.recoveryourlife.com/forum/index.php)
-   Veterans Board (https://www.recoveryourlife.com/forum/forumdisplay.php?f=34)
-   -   Achievments (https://www.recoveryourlife.com/forum/showthread.php?t=122646)

~*Dare to Dream*~ 21-12-2009 07:44 PM

Achievments
 
Seeing as its nearly the new year I've been reflecting on stuff that i've achieved this year and wanted to share some positive achievements.

1. Working out in austria for the ski season - Was amazing, made so many new friends, and lasting happy memories.
2. Progressing my paddlesport coaching, and improving my paddling in general - doing things i never thought that i could and was afraid to do before.
3. Getting Back together with my boyfriend even though it was hard work and caused alot of pain, we've still got bits to work on but its getting better.
4. Helping heather, one of the work experience girls gain confidence in herself and pass her coaching qualification.

If anyone wants to share thier achievements feel free!! :thumbup:

Margo 22-12-2009 05:26 PM

GO YOU! I like this thread. I hope people realise that what can seem like little things are also big achievements too!

2009:

Pretty much stopped SH
NO OD's! :))
Went out again.
Started to get better
Found a voluntary job.
Accepted help from others.
Saw all my old friends from home.
Spoke to my mother.
Took my mother to Wimbledon and didnt kill her :P
Fitted back into one of my lovely suits
Read a book from cover to cover!
BAKED MY FIRST CAKE!
Drove on the Motorway on my own again

Fry 22-12-2009 05:52 PM

Well Done that penguin!

1. I started a creative writing course.
2. I made new friends.
3. I volunteered and plan to do so again.
4. I've managed successfully with no medication.
5. I've given up smoking.
6. I've managed to stay out of unsolvable debt.
7. I started singing in a performance arts group.
8. I've battled and overcome my social phobia in ways so it doesn't limit me as much as it used to.
9. I've planned to move house.
10. I've been classified 'clinically stable' by my psychiatrist.
11. I've completed and gained benefit from a course of sessions with a psychologist.
12. I've maintained friendships.
13. I generally feel good about life and able to deal with it when it's not so great.

~*Dare to Dream*~ 24-12-2009 02:35 AM

Awww those acheivements are awesome!! Both of you!!

This has made me smile :D!!

I acheived something today, i did really well work today, i was whizzing around everywhere just getting everything done! That felt really good!

griddlebone 24-12-2009 02:39 AM

I got an unconditional offer for east london uni,still a bit stunned.

HopeRises 28-12-2009 02:58 PM

Ooo Congratulations Liv for the Uni Offer.

Matthew Well done, you've done amazingly well, keep on going in 2010.

& I.heart..and. Thats awesome that you've done all those positive things to look after yourself, I wish you luck in 2010

And Dare to dream Where did you do your season? I was out for a few weeks with esprit but I had to come back home. I'm thinking about braving it again (maybe the 2010-2011 season depending how things go)

Phoebo 31-12-2009 11:08 AM

1) i returned to college to complete my access course
2) applied to uni and have been granted an interview at city,middlesex and herts
3) I've been discharged from CMHT
4) I moved out of my parents house

Shadowsaurus 01-01-2010 08:19 PM

I always said that I would never live til the age of 18. I was sure of it. But I did this year. I made it and I'm still going.
I have got 4 uni offers!!!!! and 1 interview coming up for the course of my dreams at the uni of my dreams, York St John :) I never thought I'd ever achieve getting into Uni and I did it.

That is my proudest achievement. Ever.

I also saved my friends life last night after he went unconscious.
Found a young girls bus pass on the floor and searched facebook for her to finally give it her back because bus fares are expensive here without your pass :)

Zurg 01-01-2010 10:07 PM

1: I moved out of the institution.
2: I went back to school
3: It's been 4 years since i was last hospitalised
4: I've finally started going to the gym
5: I've made new friends

~phoenix~ 02-01-2010 01:02 AM

1. I left an abusive relationship
2. I started the ball rolling in a complaints procedure against the manager of one of the refuges I was in
3. I changed my image
4. I learnt to stop blaming myself for the abuse Jamie put me through
5. I reclaimed my old friends, who Jamie had come between. Most notably, Olly, who gave me the nudge to leave.
6. I made new friends
7. I started a college course
8. I stood up for a woman I saw being attacked
9. I learnt to smile again
10. I forgave my ex
11. I managed to get on a plane, with just my son - no friends or other family- and didn't have a panic attack on the flight
12. I started a college course
13. I learnt to stand up for myself
14. I managed to start writing again
15. I got over my suicidal thoughts.
16. I did a reading at my brothers wedding
17. I started a petition to introduce tougher sentences for perpetrators of domestic abuse.
18. I became friends with my sister again. Jamie had convinced me she hated me and vice versa.
19. I moved into my own home

Margo 02-01-2010 10:41 PM

Quote:

Originally Posted by TooTired (Post 2068732)
.
2. ran 1000 miles. it's not the distance that is important to me but rather the fact that i allowed myself to actually set it as a goal and try to achieve it. fear of failure has prevented me from trying so much in my life.


In one go? :P

crazykat 03-01-2010 01:25 PM

1. Finished year 12, may not have got the best marks but I actually finished something which is something in the past I have struggled with
2. Been self-harm free for awhile (lost track of the time probaly about 6 months)
3. Been more open with my doctor about certain issues


All times are GMT +1. The time now is 08:21 AM.

Powered by vBulletin® Version 3.6.4
Copyright ©2000 - 2026, Jelsoft Enterprises Ltd.