RYL Forums

RYL Forums (https://www.recoveryourlife.com/forum/index.php)
-   Mental Health Discussion and Support (https://www.recoveryourlife.com/forum/forumdisplay.php?f=44)
-   -   Schizophrenia?! From a personal Perspective (https://www.recoveryourlife.com/forum/showthread.php?t=119893)

Hopeless_little_one 23-11-2009 12:37 PM

Schizophrenia?! From a personal Perspective
 
Just as an initial note, I would like to say that I am not attempting to trigger or make anyone feel uncomfortable.

I am currently working on a presentation for an assaignment about Schizophrenia, and what it is like to live with, or live with someone suffereing from it.

As I feel it is important to understand things from every angle, i am not happy just reading out of textbooks and applying that diagnosis to every case, as each person is different.

So far i have been able to get a brief statement from a community support worker about what it is like to work with people suffering from this illness. However, if anyone would be willing to write a short paragraph, or even a sentence about how they feel having it, or living with someone who has it, i would be extremely grateful. Ofcourse it would be completely confidential, i only need your permission to perhaps quote it in my presentation.

This is not just about the project, I genuinly want to help people and thus want to gain as much insight as i can.

Thankyou, Jule XxX Stay Strong XxX

roiben 23-11-2009 01:49 PM

Have you got the forum mods permission for this use?

88shelz 24-11-2009 01:49 PM

you never know what is real and what is your mind geting ill.

Steel Maiden 24-11-2009 03:57 PM

Paranoia is like being constantly chased down the street by a mugger or being followed constantly.
Hearing Voices is like having a radio on in your head, but the radio station is full of nasty bastard presenters who hate you.
When I fall into delusions, it is like being in a constant nightmare or bad acid trip.

Zurg 24-11-2009 09:02 PM

It's like the people around you /on the bus/ in the street are not just people but potential enemies. It's like you have to protect yourself from everyone. And sometimes when it's bad people can hear what you're thinking. Or you can hear what THEY are thinking.

consequential 25-11-2009 02:55 AM

Quote:

Originally Posted by Steel Maiden (Post 2003024)
Paranoia is like being constantly chased down the street by a mugger or being followed constantly.
Hearing Voices is like having a radio on in your head, but the radio station is full of nasty bastard presenters who hate you.
When I fall into delusions, it is like being in a constant nightmare or bad acid trip.

i had two psychotic episodes and this is EXACTLY what it was like.
One day I was chatting to my social worker and came across schziophrenia as a diagnosis ,I dont know if I am or not ,which is quite unfair on me ,but I will try and help .
Its like your brain is turned to the wrong channel ,and is picking up information which is sending bad thought s ,you think these thoughts must be real.
Next morning ,the thoughts are gone,the dreams are savages ,rip you apart in the night.
When things are bad ,like when your psychotic ,only an injection can help you there.Your brains are fried ,your hearing thoughts from God in the sky ,telling you ,you are not who you think you are.You start to see things ,like darkness over ppls faces ,like some ppl are evil warriors and others are angels ard you can only trust some.
No words can describe how bad it is ,or how isolating it is to be inside your own head hearing these things tearing you apart ,with nobody really understanding.Its something that only another person has experienced can understand.
it is hell ,thought after thought ,voice after voice ,coming form unknown sources ,literally driving you to the brink.

Kill me now if I ever have to go through that again ,God help me.

Steel Maiden 25-11-2009 12:26 PM

Reallifetime, I agree completely with what you said and its f***ing terrifying.

Zurg 25-11-2009 01:11 PM

It's like there's somone in your head poisoning all your thoughts.

Hopeless_little_one 25-11-2009 04:27 PM

Hey everyone,
I just wanted to thankyou all for leaving me comments about what it is like for you individually. I really really appreciat the responses.


I know I cant relate to in the fact that I have never experienced it, but you've helped me gain a better understanding of what its like for you and the obvious strain it puts upon you.

My father got really ill in febuary when my mother left, so I moved home to look after him and my younger sister. They classed him as having "severe depression with psychotic episodes". Anyway, after missing a half a year of uni i have returned to continue my studies and hoping to go into the field of mental health so I can help support people in some way. Again, obviously what you have said is completely confidential and would only be used as a brief quotation to a small class. If any of you do not want your words to be used in reference then it is no problem, i wont use them, its not just about education as I want to be able to understand people on a personal level.

THANKYOU AGAIN!

I hope everyone is well as can be *hugs* Jule XxX


All times are GMT +1. The time now is 01:48 AM.

Powered by vBulletin® Version 3.6.4
Copyright ©2000 - 2026, Jelsoft Enterprises Ltd.