RYL Forums

RYL Forums (https://www.recoveryourlife.com/forum/index.php)
-   Veterans Board (https://www.recoveryourlife.com/forum/forumdisplay.php?f=34)
-   -   talk to me please.. (https://www.recoveryourlife.com/forum/showthread.php?t=11796)

Stellata 01-08-2007 07:57 PM

talk to me please..
 
Help me ground. I'm feeling dissociated and scared.

Thanks.

pea soup 01-08-2007 08:14 PM

hi Katie....

im not sure how to help.
just want you to know that you are doing fantastic!!!
its great to read your thread in Moving Forward.
i keep up with it...dont know why ive never replied..o.O
keep posting and keep yourself busy.
much love.
xx

Stellata 01-08-2007 08:16 PM

Thanks Rachel.

I had a bad trigger last night. [the men upstairs making noise] and I'm scared.

It probably wasn't that noisy, but I am acutely sensitive to sound, especially people-sound, after my past.

I want to feel safe.

pea soup 01-08-2007 08:22 PM

i understand.
i dont care for people-noise either. it tends to trigger me also.
can you turn on some music or something?
when i get scared at home, especially noises, i turn up my music so i dont have to hear it.
can you call someone and have a chat?
my msn is on my profile if you like.
xx

Stellata 01-08-2007 08:31 PM

Thank you.

I don't have msn downloaded yet.

I'm going to try and get an early night tonight. And hope. Music tends to keep me awake, unfortunately.

I did get a nap this afternoon.

pea soup 01-08-2007 08:36 PM

i forget you are 6 hours ahead of me.
yeah...i dont like music when im sleeping.
hmmm....warm bath to relax?
some chamomile tea?
i hope you get some nice rest.
xx

SugarKane 01-08-2007 08:55 PM

Quote:

Originally Posted by ~longing~tears~ (Post 191459)
Thanks Rachel.

I had a bad trigger last night. [the men upstairs making noise] and I'm scared.

It probably wasn't that noisy, but I am acutely sensitive to sound, especially people-sound, after my past.

I want to feel safe.

I'm the same with noise... I find that earplugs really help, I wear them round the house even just during the day! They just seem to put a nice little snug bit of distance between me and... stuff around me

Hope you feel better soon :hug:

Stellata 01-08-2007 08:58 PM

Thanks.

I stuffed cotton wool in my ears last night.

I just want to bury myself under the covers, but even that doesn't block out sound.

I'm scared to go to bed.

Stellata 01-08-2007 09:19 PM

It's quiet right now. Dare I breathe?

Merc 02-08-2007 12:18 AM

hope you're sleeping and feeling safer.
here if you need
romp

Stellata 02-08-2007 08:43 AM

Thank you. :)

It was quiet last night, and I managed to sleep well. I'm still a bit on edge though.

l.e.g.o 02-08-2007 09:00 AM

hey glad you slept well-how are yopu feeling generally

i'm the same as you with noise as well-and also with touching from certain people

you ok?

Jo
xxx

Stellata 02-08-2007 09:13 AM

Hi Jo.

I'm feeling 'not quite here', still a bit dissociated. I think.

As it was quiet last night, it feels like the other night never happened. But I am sure I didn't make it up/imagine it.

l.e.g.o 02-08-2007 09:23 AM

the dissasociation will pass im sure-i know its hard to deal with

i'm sure you didnt make the other night up-just your memory plays tricks at the moment

remeber to take care of yourself

Stellata 02-08-2007 09:07 PM

Thanks.

I'm really not that well. Very paranoid/hyper-vigilant. But I am aware what's going on. Its just hard to reach.

My Blog explains things more.

nowhereman 07-08-2007 02:10 AM

I hope you're feeling better soon. I know how horrible dissociation can be.

Stellata 07-08-2007 08:49 PM

Thanks Nikki.

I'm doing a bit better now.

Its been quiet at home, much needed peace. And one of my flatmates is back now as well, so I'm not totally alone here.

Merc 08-08-2007 08:22 AM

glad yo have some comapny again and can maybe feel safer.
hope you're ok
romp

BatRachy 10-08-2007 12:01 PM

BIG CUDDLES xxxxxx

akita 10-08-2007 01:18 PM

Hope you're feeling ok now hunni.


All times are GMT +1. The time now is 08:53 AM.

Powered by vBulletin® Version 3.6.4
Copyright ©2000 - 2026, Jelsoft Enterprises Ltd.