![]() |
work at a lab *si mentioned*
So, this year at my school (a university in the US) i am working for a psychology research study. The study has nothing to do with SI, but i'm afraid I may get in trouble for it anyway. I know that psychologists cannot treat if they SI (or at least from what i've heard they aren't supposed to...), and while I'm not a psychologist, i will be working for one.
I am trying to quit and most of the time I try not to SI where ppl can see... but i had a slip up recently, and so when I start work they still may be noticable in color. Should I just cover myself up and hide it? I do not plan on telling anyone that works there about my SI, I was just wondering if i could get kicked out of the lab if they do see something.? |
I have no idea about the rules regarding this, but i hope you won't have a problem!
Personally, i'd rather be treated by someone who understands from personal experience and wouldn't just look down on me because i'm a "mental case" they read about in a book. I don't usually try to hide it, but in this case it seems prudent so as not to jeopardize this opportunity. Good luck, in any case! :-) |
Hi,
I am not sure that there is a policy stating that people who SI can not be psychologists. Even if there is, how would it be enforced? So I really don't think you need to worry about that. Different colleges/universities have policies regarding SI, so make sure you know what your's is -- I know that my college's policy was extremely strict because of liability issues. It will take some digging, but try to find out what your university's policy is. I would not worry about losing your position because of the SI, but I probably would cover up none the less, if you have any noticeable injuries, until you can learn what the forcast of the people you are working with is. I covered up while I was in college until I just didn't care enough to anymore, and then wound up speaking about my SI to students on panels and stuff like that. If the psych department (I was a psych major) wanted to find out that I SIed, they had every opertunity to. And I never got in trouble, or had any major issues because of it. Good luck, I am sure you will figure out what you need to do for the situation. Let me know if you need anything. |
i wouldnt worry.
i know several psychs who have had their own problems in the past. i would just try to keep it quiet but don't lie if your boss or someone happens to ask about it. i'm sure they wouldnt just kick you out because of it. |
| All times are GMT +1. The time now is 12:24 AM. |
Powered by vBulletin® Version 3.6.4
Copyright ©2000 - 2026, Jelsoft Enterprises Ltd.