RYL Forums

RYL Forums (https://www.recoveryourlife.com/forum/index.php)
-   Veterans Board (https://www.recoveryourlife.com/forum/forumdisplay.php?f=34)
-   -   work dilemma: what do I do now? (https://www.recoveryourlife.com/forum/showthread.php?t=10909)

Trucktastic 26-07-2007 11:32 AM

work dilemma: what do I do now?
 
Okay, have a little problem at work at the moment.

In a newish job, and you may remember from a previous post I wasn’t particularly happy about it, because it’s the same thing as my previous 2 jobs and is a bit, well a LOT boring.
Lots of travel too, no information told to me about contact time (basically going round London and visiting candidates) so have been looking for other jobs, out of pharmacy training completely.
It's caused me to cut again, which I hadn't done for a few months, which annoyed me because I know it's only a job and it's not worth cutting over. But I did it anyway. :angry:

I have now got one (!) :woot: as a call handling agent for Beds Police, which I’m stoked about. I’m also waiting on the results of another interview, also with Beds Police, about another job that I really really want!
That’s not the problem

Problem is, that I’ve just had a performance review with my manager here and she’s saying that there isn’t any problems with my work, that she’s happy with progress, that I’ve done a lot of work (which I have).
She then said that they have work in pharmacy to 2011, and that they want to take on someone else to help me out.

She then asked me what I felt about the job, and I wimped out and told her that I had no problems with it.

Coward!:mad:

Now what do I do? If I get this job tomorrow I’m going to take it – it’s a great job and its working for the Police (yummy men in yummy uniforms! YEAH!!! :yeah: ) And it’s not in London, it’s in Bedford (a 35 mile round trip rather than a 110 mile round trip that I’m doing now).

I think I’m going to answer my own question really. I have to tell my manager, I have to find out about the job tomorrow and I have to explain to my manager what the problems are and why.

And then hope that the meeting I’ve arranged for Monday about getting some help from another training provider works so that I’m not leaving them completely in the lurch.
Or, if I don’t get the job, I can then reduce my hours here to part time, then do the other one at Beds Police also part time, so I’ve got the best of both worlds.
I think!

Bloody hell! Why is nothing ever simple???? :pinch:

Lozx

The Hierophant 26-07-2007 02:51 PM

Maybe write a formal letter to your manager?
I don't know, when it comes to work I normally just yell at them... not mature and never get me very far.
But it sounds like you know what your doing and you just need a push in the right direction.

Here's a push.
Good luck anyway xx

Merc 27-07-2007 08:11 AM

so??? Have you decided?
I say go with the other job, you sound WAY more excited about it.
let us know ok??????
romp

[edit to add: tell your old boss that you have thought it over but you have a better opportunity and the travel time is much less and seems to suit your present needs better. Thank her for the chance so as not to burn to bridge but stick firm if this is what YOU really want]

Trucktastic 27-07-2007 06:28 PM

Thanks Ladies, and guess what.....

I GOT THE JOB!!!

How good is that??
Very good.

now I'm going to write that formal letter (thanks Aeryn) and then try to finish everything off so they are okay to complete and take on new students.

But more than that..... I got the job!!!


Loz (very happy at the moment!) x

FreeDilbert 27-07-2007 06:46 PM

Congratulations!!! and good luck

The Dancing Chicken 31-07-2007 01:32 AM

Congrats! It must be nice to get out of a job you don't like!! Good luck with the new job, I hope it works out as well as you hope and the men are as hot as you would like.

carrie

Merc 31-07-2007 08:20 AM

VERY late...but huge congrats all the same!!1
Happy for you :o)
romp

lamestate 31-07-2007 09:18 PM

Congratulations!

I wouldn't have advised you to do two part-time jobs - far too complicated! Stick with one full-time! Life is complicated enough!


All times are GMT +1. The time now is 03:27 AM.

Powered by vBulletin® Version 3.6.4
Copyright ©2000 - 2026, Jelsoft Enterprises Ltd.