RYL Forums

RYL Forums (https://www.recoveryourlife.com/forum/index.php)
-   Mental Health Discussion and Support (https://www.recoveryourlife.com/forum/forumdisplay.php?f=44)
-   -   how to control very bad anxiety/suicidal thoughts (https://www.recoveryourlife.com/forum/showthread.php?t=106052)

xmeowx 22-07-2009 03:58 AM

how to control very bad anxiety/suicidal thoughts
 
I have very bad anxiety. I feel anxious all day long and experience waves of anxiety that are so bad that they make me feel like I'm dying. I don't get panic attacks but I get extremely anxious, dizzy, sweating, hard time breathing, extreme chest pains and sometimes I have a hard time standing up. I've never been diagnosed with any mental disorder in the past, nor have I gotten any help for this but I know for a fact that I have an anxiety disorder. I get absolute no support from my mom even though she's asked me millions of times what's wrong with me and that I should get help. she told me today that she's going to make an appointment with a doctor, not a medical doctor but a "talking" doctor and I'm not entirely sure what she means by that. I don't believe her at all and knowing her, she's probably going to wait weeks before she makes an appointment with a doctor and I can't wait that long because it's too unbearable and I have severe suicidal thoughts. I need help so badly but I'm not getting any and I can't take it anymore! what should i do? :crying:

~Kaytee~ 22-07-2009 05:41 AM

Maybe make an appt with your normal medical doctor first to get the ball rolling for some help? They can point you in the right direction, send off referrals etc. It would be really good to learning some coping stuff and stuff to help manage the anxiety. I'm currently working through this at the moment and so far I've been suggested listening to calm music and doing some deep breathing exercises. Last week we also started a new thing where I sat there with my eyes closed and and pictured a 'happy place' for me. Something to 'take' myself to when things are very bad and hopefully to calm me down. Might sound silly but can't hurt to try? But perhaps a trip to your doctor would be a good start? *hugs*

88shelz 23-07-2009 08:03 PM

if you are a risk yourself get to A&E and see a psych on call .
if you can hold out for a while and keep safe make sure you see a doc tomorow.

its hard to remain calm and safe when feelin this way but i believe you can do it. xxx


All times are GMT +1. The time now is 05:16 AM.

Powered by vBulletin® Version 3.6.4
Copyright ©2000 - 2026, Jelsoft Enterprises Ltd.