RYL Forums

RYL Forums (https://www.recoveryourlife.com/forum/index.php)
-   Veterans Board (https://www.recoveryourlife.com/forum/forumdisplay.php?f=34)
-   -   Virtual Psych ward! (https://www.recoveryourlife.com/forum/showthread.php?t=1312)

Kahlia1981 19-01-2010 01:14 PM

April - we have one psych ward with 11 beds for females, and 11 beds for males (and a wing that used to be full of beds but has been overtaken by crap) and a PICU with 8 beds. There just isn't enough beds to cope with the demand. The psychologist and nurse that interviewed me and also of the "no admission ever necessary" brigade. They told me that I wouldn't get anything out of an admission because I have insight. It really, really, f**king pisses me off.

I'm sick of having to fight for meagre halthcare. It would be so much easier now just to give in and listen to the voices and the dangerous thoughts. *gish*

Scarletdreamer 19-01-2010 01:24 PM

You can't give in, love. I know how hard it is... trust me, I do... I can't know 100% what it's like inside your head, of course, but I know the suicidal thoughts & temptations intimately... and you are worth more than that. Please keep fighting... I would be ****ing pissed off too about the meagre healthcare... that's ridiculous... I can't believe that they haven't made more room if there's such a huge demand. Is there a different hospital you can go to?

In the meantime... what are you doing to distract yourself from the thoughts?

MammaMia 19-01-2010 01:56 PM

Good luck April :)

Kahlia, I'm so sorry *cuddles tight* Keep trying to fight those voices and bad temptations :(

OMG I have had the worst nightmares ever this morning. I'm still shaking, how pathetic please??

Scarletdreamer 19-01-2010 03:10 PM

*cuddles Helen* Nightmares are awful things... it's not pathetic to be shaking from one still - they can be utterly terrifying. I hope that you feel better soon.

Just went to Walmart to pick up a few things, totally forgot my deodorant!!, which was the main reason I was going there... and then on the way home the EPC light came on in my car (VW Jetta) - "electronic power control" which means that I was losing control to the engine. NOT GOOD. I called my dad to see if he could take me to uni, because even though it's only about a mile & a half to there, I don't want to either drive a non-100%-functioning vehicle, or walk with a lot of books & a purse in snowy weather.

Eating my "second breakfast" now... cereal. Ugh. It's tasty but I want to purge. Of course. :(

MammaMia 19-01-2010 04:11 PM

Nightmares are definately evil. I've calmed down since then. Am uspet about something else now, think I need to dicuss it with my mum though. Since it concerns her anyway...

Eeek, doesn't sound good about your car, hope you can get it fixed/looked out without it costing too much =( Try not to purge sweetheart, it's not worth it. I know how hard it is.

Scarletdreamer 19-01-2010 05:04 PM

I'm at uni now, trying to remember my schedule... the online schedule-y thing is down so I can't look it up there so I'm kind of adrift, which is really dumb of me. I think I have Health Psych at 1pm then Advanced Counseling Techniques at 2:30pm, but I can't remember... AHHH!!!! I swear, the ECT did my brain in...

I didn't purge... then. Or yet. I'm really hungry right now & am considering getting some lunch, but I don't know if I will be able to keep it down, so tempting to purge!! :crying:

I hope that I can get my car fixed as well...

MammaMia 19-01-2010 05:12 PM

*cuddles* Sounds like today really isnt your day so far sweet.

Scarletdreamer 19-01-2010 05:20 PM

It really isn't. But I did get my schedule, so that's a good thing... my dad wrote it down and so now I have a copy... but I don't know my tutoring hours!! so that's really rubbish as I am pretty sure I'm supposed to tutor tomorrow & I don't know what time or what room I'm supposed to be in!!

Tomorrow's going to be a rough day - I will be going going going from 12:30pm until 9pmish with classes... am not looking forward to that. :( Night classes are not my thing.

I feel so ****.

MammaMia 19-01-2010 05:25 PM

*cuddles tight* Sorry it's not more.

Scarletdreamer 19-01-2010 05:28 PM

*cuddles back* It's okay... nice to have some support. :) I'm glad I came back to this site.

How are you? feeling **** too?

MammaMia 19-01-2010 07:25 PM

Sorry, only just seen this. I feel shittier than ever. :S

Scarletdreamer 19-01-2010 09:52 PM

It's okay, Helen, don't worry. *cuddles* I had to head off to class anyway... whew, the day's over & as soon as Jarrod comes to pick me up I can go home. I'm glad... ugh. I almost had an anxiety attack in my health psych class... I don't know why, probably because it sounds so difficult!!

What's going on?

And where on earth is everyone else? lol... :)

MammaMia 19-01-2010 09:59 PM

*cuddles* Time flies when you're having fun :) Anxiety attacks suck though :(

I feel so invisable...

Scarletdreamer 19-01-2010 10:07 PM

I wasn't really having fun... heh... but at least the classes went pretty fast. Anxiety attacks do suck though, that's for sure.

Why do you feel invisible? want to talk about anything? *hugs*

SoMuchMore 19-01-2010 10:09 PM

*hugs everyone* Tuesdays suck for school... short break then class for another 6 hours.

I'll reply properly later, just wanted to pop in and say hi! Hope everyone is alright.

Scarletdreamer 19-01-2010 10:11 PM

Aw Laura, class for 6 hours!! Which class(es)?

*feels like *****

*sigh*

MammaMia 19-01-2010 10:24 PM

*cuddles everyone and curls up*

~*Rainbow*~ 19-01-2010 10:27 PM

Scarletdreamer - yeah i was stabbed in Inverness for being in the wrong place at the wrong time jsut tryng to get my life back on track after in happened

MammaMia 19-01-2010 10:56 PM

Jesus Gil :(

Scarletdreamer 19-01-2010 11:06 PM

Wow, Gil (is it okay if I call you that?). That's really awful. I thought for a moment the way you said it, that you were joking, although I'm not quite sure why I thought that. Heh. Hope you're doing a bit better each day.

*cuddles Helen back* How old are you? Just wondering... :)

I'm feeling shitty. Again. Crampy, cranky, & whilst I was in the shower my husband brought up the fact that the job I get is going to need to be at least as good as his is before he can go to college. I think I need to vent about this...

*curls up in a dark corner in denial tent*