RYL Forums

RYL Forums (https://www.recoveryourlife.com/forum/index.php)
-   General Chat (https://www.recoveryourlife.com/forum/forumdisplay.php?f=21)
-   -   The 'I need a distraction' thread. (https://www.recoveryourlife.com/forum/showthread.php?t=243064)

Sketchy 03-01-2017 07:26 PM

Hi everyone. I haven't seen forest gump in ages either.
I hope you are ok Beckie.

Serendipity. 03-01-2017 07:29 PM

Beckie do you want to talk about it lovely? Have you r/v'd about it yet? I'll read that in a bit :P

Hey Lorraine! How are you?

I'm in McDonald's because **** the diet. :P

Sketchy 03-01-2017 07:31 PM

I'm ok thanks. How are you?

I've just phoned for a takeaway from an Italian restaurant.

Serendipity. 03-01-2017 07:34 PM

Ooh that sounds good. What are you having?

I'm alright thanks!

Cacoethes 03-01-2017 07:34 PM

I'll be fine. I have RVd about it Hannah! :p

Hey Lorraine!

Looks like you're both having yummy food tonight!
I had a low fat ready meal. Would much rather have Mcdonalds or Italian!!

Sketchy 03-01-2017 07:38 PM

I ordered Mac n cheese. I'm greedy and ordered a side of potato wedges too. I haven't ate yet today, so I don't feel too guilty.

Serendipity. 03-01-2017 07:38 PM

My McDonald's wasn't even that nice tbh, it's never as good as I expect it to be!

I shall stalk your r/V then Beckie :P

Serendipity. 03-01-2017 07:39 PM

That sounds nice Lorraine!

Sketchy 03-01-2017 07:41 PM

I'm looking forward to it.

Cacoethes 03-01-2017 07:43 PM

Sounds good Lorraine!
I love mac and cheese!!

Got to go off to slimming world in a bit. Kinda feel too ill but it's not far away and I know I'll just get far too anxious next week if I haven't been this week! I don't have to stay for the group though so I won't be out long.

Sketchy 03-01-2017 07:46 PM

Take care of yourself Beckie. If you are too ill then giving it a miss might be an idea, but if you can go then it won't be long until you're back home again.

Serendipity. 03-01-2017 07:48 PM

I agree with Lorraine, but if you're going I hope it goes well!

Cacoethes 03-01-2017 07:51 PM

Thanks both. :)

I should be ok. I managed asda today so I should be able to manage this. Then I can get home and chill with holby!

Serendipity. 03-01-2017 09:01 PM

Are you home yet? How was it?!

I got home and then promptly had to go out again because I forgot to buy loo roll (though I remembered crisps and biscuits! :P) Am now home properly and chilling out with crap TV!

Cacoethes 03-01-2017 09:06 PM

Yep I'm home! Didn't go too well but it's ok. I can't expect to lose every week, no one does! So I'll just try hard for next week :)

Oh no that's a pain! At least you remembered the important stuff though :p

Serendipity. 03-01-2017 09:11 PM

Oh well, you're still doing really well! I'm glad you're not beating yourself up about it too much :)

Haha, exactly! :P

I have an unexpected day off work tomorrow! What shall I do with it???

Cacoethes 03-01-2017 09:16 PM

Thanks Hannah :)
The guy who does the weigh ins is really nice and reminded me I still have my (x) award which made me feel better :)

Oooo Yay for unexpected day off!!
I have no idea what you should do though! Go for a nice coffee?

Serendipity. 03-01-2017 09:44 PM

I'm glad he was nice and made you feel better :) You are really doing so well, you should be proud of yourself!

Nice coffee sounds good. I have an M&S gift card to spend so maybe I'll do that. I never shop in M&S!

Do you have any plans for the rest of the week?

Cacoethes 03-01-2017 09:49 PM

Oooo M&S!! Very posh! Enjoy!

Not really. CC tomorrow. GP calling on Thursday. Don't feel up to doing much tbh! I was going to go to London for the weekend but my pain levels are definitely not going to allow for that!

Serendipity. 03-01-2017 09:51 PM

I'm sorry you're in so much pain lovely. I hope you have a good appointment with your CC! Make sure you get lots of rest and look after yourself!

Need to make sure I don't just spend it on food. I love M&S food! :P

Cacoethes 03-01-2017 09:55 PM

Thanks Hannah :)

M&S food is lovely! Definitely treat yourself to something foodie!!
I haven't been to an M&S in years, I don't even know what they have in there now!

Serendipity. 03-01-2017 09:56 PM

I don't know either, I never look at anything other than the food!! :P They do amazing hot cross buns at Easter, I had chocolate and fudge ones last year, they were lovely!

Cacoethes 03-01-2017 10:18 PM

Haha!! Will be good to have a look around then!
They sound so nice!!

I've just had a shower. That took a lot more effort than it should have done!!
Watching 24 hours in A&E now.

Serendipity. 03-01-2017 10:26 PM

Well done for having a shower, yay for being nice and clean!! Don't push yourself too hard though!

Is it good? I haven't seen that in ages. I like medical programmes but I have to be in the right mood, sometimes they just make me cry or turn me into the biggest hypochondriac! :P

Cacoethes 03-01-2017 10:32 PM

Thanks! It does feel good to be clean!
One of the main reasons tbh was in case I do have to go into hospital at some point before my GP calls, I don't want to be all smelly when im being examined! :p

It is pretty good! If you're prone to getting emotional over medical shows then this will probably make you cry! It shows what happens to several different patients in a&e. For example, one of the patients has had a heart attack and maybe serious brain damage. So its showing his wife being all emotional because they only got married 7 days ago and he's her best friend and what will she do without him and all that kind of emotional crap.

My hypochondria really kicked in when I watched House! After every episode it was like 'Yep, I definitely do have a brain parasite' or whatever the obscure and impossible illness was!

Serendipity. 03-01-2017 10:44 PM

Haha, I can understand that!

Lol I was fine with House for some reason! Just can't be doing with the more realistic ones :P Ooh I really want to watch House again now! I shall add it to my list! I think Buffy is next though!

Cacoethes 03-01-2017 10:58 PM

I want to watch house again now too! I've downloaded some greys anatomy as well. I've never seen it but it seems like the kind of thing I would like!
I remember watching Buffy years ago! Never got into it though.
The guy I've been on a couple of dates with has said he might start watching House as he's heard good things about it. I had to restrain myself from saying 'OMG HOUSE IS AWESOME AND I'VE WATCHED IT ALL ABOUT 5 TIMES AND YOU MUST TEXT ME WHAT EPISODE YOU'RE ON!!!'
instead, I said 'House is really good, Hugh Laurie plays it very well'
Trying to contain the crazy for as long as possible :p

Serendipity. 03-01-2017 11:01 PM

Hahaha, I think that would have been a totally acceptable amount of crazy to let out! :P Any plans for more dates?!!

I am shocked at you though both because you haven't seen Grey's Anatomy (how??!! Go watch it now!) and because you don't like Buffy! Everyone likes Buffy!!!

Cacoethes 03-01-2017 11:08 PM

Haha!! Maybe a bit later on :p
We are definitely going to see each other again, the first 2 dates went so well! He's really busy with work atm though. But we're texting daily :)

Haha! I'm surprised I haven't seen it too!
Maybe I'll give Buffy another go. I don't really remember it that well!

Entropy 03-01-2017 11:09 PM

I feel this is my cue to join the conversation - of course everyone likes buffy!!

Serendipity. 03-01-2017 11:11 PM

Hi Katie! Exactly!! Everyone!!!
Definitely give it another go Beckie, I never really watched it much when it was on TV but I watched them all a couple of years ago and it was excellent!

I'm glad it's going well with the new guy! :) I really need to meet someone! I'm trying the online dating thing but they're all weirdos! :P

Cacoethes 03-01-2017 11:17 PM

I will download Buffy as well then!

Thanks! I met him on PoF. It is quite hard to sort through the weirdos sometimes!
Anyone who starts off a message with 'hey babe/baby/sexy' is NOT getting a message back!
Fingers crossed you'll meet someone nice! There are nice ones out there! (Except they seem to like to hide away!)

Serendipity. 03-01-2017 11:23 PM

Good! I hope you enjoy it when you watch it! :P

Haha! I joined PoF briefly at one point but found the number of people who had dick pics as their profile pic disturbing!! :P I'm using OkCupid at the moment. It is so much effort trying to find someone normal! Totally agree with not replying to messages like that! I also ignore anyone who just says 'hi' (come on, make an effort!) and anyone who doesn't bother with capital letters and apostrophes or uses text talk! Or anyone who sends several messages in a row. Or anyone who starts off by telling me about their sad life story! Maybe I'm being too fussy :P

Cacoethes 03-01-2017 11:28 PM

I never saw anyone with a dick pic as their profile pic! It absolutely doesn't surprise me though!
Do guys really think that girls want to see that?! It is NOT sexy in the slightest!!
I totally agree with all of that!!
The first message I got from this guy was about our mutual interests (as seen on the profiles) and asking more questions about my interests which was nice. Like it actually gave me something to reply to and not just an awkward 'hi' back.

Serendipity. 03-01-2017 11:32 PM

Ikr! I literally don't know any women who would be like "oh right, that's a nice looking penis, better talk to this guy!!" :P This was a couple of years ago though, so maybe it's better now! Though someone did tell me that PoF = plenty of ****s!!

Sorry, I feel like I have lowered the tone of yet another thread! :P Ahem. Cold weather today wasn't it?! :P

Cacoethes 03-01-2017 11:39 PM

Exactly!!!
Haha!! You just have to do a lot of fishing!

Haha! It's not any worse than the conversation we had quite a while ago when we were all competing for sperm (I can't remember who's) and Lana said she was going to collect all the sperm while the rest of us fought to the death over it.
That was a weird time!

Ahem. Yes, was rather chilly today!

Serendipity. 03-01-2017 11:46 PM

Hahaha. I was not part of this conversation! You're all weird!! :P

Cacoethes 03-01-2017 11:47 PM

I appear to have summoned a Lana!!!
Ah yes, Robert Downey Jr *drools*
Are you enjoying the Robert Downey Jr sperm?
*lowers the tone even more*

Well Hannah, you are part of the weirdness now!! I'm sure if you were there during the conversation you'd be fighting along with the rest of us :p

Cacoethes 03-01-2017 11:49 PM

I have no response to that.
I literally cannot think of a single thing to say in response to that.

Serendipity. 03-01-2017 11:50 PM

Lana! I'm shocked :P *covers eyes*

Nah I doubt it Beckie, not very fussed about Robert Downey Jr, you are welcome to his sperm! :P

Cacoethes 03-01-2017 11:54 PM

Haha! Well, Lana has it now. Unless she's eaten it all....

This is so gross!! :p

Serendipity. 03-01-2017 11:54 PM

Tasty! Enjoy :P

Cacoethes 03-01-2017 11:55 PM

This started off as such a nice thread....

Serendipity. 03-01-2017 11:57 PM

It's still nice! You know, as long as you're into dick pics and eating sperm like yogurt! :P

Cacoethes 03-01-2017 11:59 PM

Well, who isn't?! :p

I wonder how many new members we've deterred by this thread.
Like 'this site looks pretty good' and then they are confronted with the **** we post in this thread XD

Serendipity. 04-01-2017 12:00 AM

Hahaha! Oh well. They're clearly not cut out for RYL then :P

And on the flip side, we could be attracting new members. Who are googling for perverted **** and come across this thread :P

Cacoethes 04-01-2017 12:02 AM

Haha!! They must pass the weirdness test!!

That's a very good point!! ;p

I should probably go to bed. Taken meds so getting sleepy! And got to be up for my cc tomorrow. Cba but kind of have to see her.

Good night my beautiful weirdos!! :p

Serendipity. 04-01-2017 12:04 AM

Nasty filthy Germans!

Night Beckie! Have fun seeing your CC, she sounds more entertaining than mine! :P

Buttons. 04-01-2017 02:20 AM

What the actual ****? :P I leave the thread for a couple of pages and look what the conversation turns into-filth!!

Buttons. 04-01-2017 02:39 AM

Ha ha