RYL Forums

RYL Forums (https://www.recoveryourlife.com/forum/index.php)
-   Veterans Board (https://www.recoveryourlife.com/forum/forumdisplay.php?f=34)
-   -   Virtual Psych ward! (https://www.recoveryourlife.com/forum/showthread.php?t=1312)

Doikers 23-07-2010 08:22 PM

Oooh Felicia , Hows the play going ? A midsummer nights dream no ? I was in that as a child , well a short version of it , I was Bottom and also The Wall with the chink :)

misskitty112 23-07-2010 08:38 PM

Mark, it is A Midsummer Night's Dream. We did wonderful for opening night, the chemistry between us actors is amazing!

My profile pic is from the play if anyone would like to see.

Also, I forgot to say, Bottom is an awesome role!

shadowedsoul 23-07-2010 08:40 PM

Sorry guys, I'm pass can't even say my heads in a mess.emotions are all over the place I don't have the faintest idea what the hell I'm going to do. This whole thing is messed up. if I'm honest I just want to die as I can't see a way back from this. I'm so screwed,big massive mess. =(

Doikers 23-07-2010 08:41 PM

Ohhh you are twirling? (in your profile pic) . I am glad it went well on opening night :)

Doikers 23-07-2010 08:41 PM

*Hugs Jill*

misskitty112 23-07-2010 08:44 PM

Yes, I am twirling! 'Tis my favorite part of the mushy scenes in the play.

Jill, *hugs* I'm here if you need someone to talk to.

FlyingNy 23-07-2010 08:44 PM

*Spies Jill and Mark.*

I know what you mean April. People offer me support a lot, but it's always when I really need it that there's no one there. I kinda hover here most of the day, but am doing other things and forget to check, I'm not ignoring you. You're not a bitch either, you're the first person I've ever opened up to in what feels like forever, so go you! Aren't you the lucky one? :P

*Hugs Jill* Don't have a lot to say, but just to let you know I'm here :)

Hey Helen, how are you now? x

How's it going Felica? Anyone dressed as a giant marshmallow? << never mind, you already posted. Just didn't see that, it wasn't there when I begn writing.

xx

katnovia 23-07-2010 09:53 PM

Lack of thoughts. I have nothing to say. I wish I did. I feel crap for not helping anyone.

Doikers 23-07-2010 10:25 PM

*Hugs Kat*
Don't feel crap :S You are going through a VERY stressful time and you have to take care of yourself first and foremost :)

MammaMia 23-07-2010 10:42 PM

I think we also all need to stop apologising/feeling crap when not replying/doing individual posts. It's not a rule that we MUST make posts for everyone or anything. It's quite saddening people apologising when they're struggling so much. We're all in the same boat with struggling and know that sometimes we can't even make a post. But please remembers guys, we're all here for each other. Even if it's just for a hug, giggles, support, whatever. We'll try our best to give it. But please know that it's okay to not support others etc when you're struggling. Got to look after ourselves even more before anyone else. We won't get upset with you or anything.

*cuddles for all*

For those who've been asking, I'm still low but I'm still hanging in here. Just want to be happy :(

Scarletdreamer 23-07-2010 11:43 PM

Well spoken, Hels. Thanks for the reminder. I think it's just that we want other people to remember that we've not forgotten them, that we're just unable to do individual replies at that time. But you're right, we shouldn't feel like crap (or however you want to put it) because we can't. We should feel free to post whenever... even if we're not doing well. *cuddles*

Lia, yes, I do feel honored that you opened up to me - and I do sincerely mean that!! I've seen just how difficult it is for you to open up and it does mean a lot that you PM'ed me. Know that I don't judge you in any way because of it, or think of you any differently - you're still the sweet, kind, caring person that you were prior to opening up. And don't worry, you can't scare me away. :) *cuddles*

*cuddles Kat* What's up, sweetie??

Felicia, so glad that opening night was wonderful!! I bet that the play is taking a lot out of you, it would me, that's for sure. And I will definitely check out your profile pic. :D *gentle hugs*

Mark, thanks for telling me that I'm lovable. :) That means a lot. How are you doing tonight?? *cuddles then curls up next to* :)

I'm... I don't know. I just joined up with a WONDERFUL guild on Bronzebeard-US, and they're being so sweet & generous with my baby pally (who just dinged level 10 after /played about 5 hours :D). So that makes me really, really happy. I know that WoW is just a game & all, but it really does touch my heart when people are kind on it... probably because I know there are sooo many idiots and unthoughtful people who play it. (Not saying that of ANY of you guys in here who play it, though!!)

Anyway. Ummm, what else... Jarrod & I went out for lunch this afternoon and that was about the only time we spent together today. And it doesn't look like it'll be getting any better in the hours to come. :( He's playing WoW now and is so focused he can't even talk to me, much anyway. So I'm trying to come up with a schedule of stuff I can do by myself tonight... it's just lonely. :( I have a feeling I'll be on here a fair bit.

*sighs, then hides in the warren again & cries softly*

xXMessedUpXx 23-07-2010 11:48 PM

I'm sorry to invade but i am in a very bad place right now.

I've been dumped by my bf who isn't even in the same goddamn country as me cos i didn't tell him something cos i was doing it to spare him worry and pain. But apprently that makes me selfish.

I want to cut. I want to drink. I want to die.

So far i'm trying so ****ing hard to keep this together but i am so scared right now of what i might do. The only other person i can talk to is away and i can't get in touch.

I'm sorry if this is the wrong place, i just don't know what to do :(

Scarletdreamer 23-07-2010 11:55 PM

*gentle hugs* I'm sorry to hear that, sweetie... about your boyfriend, I mean. Have you tried explaining yet? or maybe wait a bit til he cools down some, I don't know, then try explaining again? :( It sounds like a truly shitty situation... wish I could help somehow other than offering platitudes (from which I will spare you, hah).

Oh, & it sounds like you're in the right place for this. The VPW is a supportive environment filled with caring people. :) You won't always get individual replies, but people still do care. And btw, I'm April. :)

MammaMia 24-07-2010 12:05 AM

*cuddles you both*

Scarletdreamer 24-07-2010 12:06 AM

*cuddles Hels* I wish I could make things better for you, love. :( Someday you will be happy, I can promise you that. Just keep seeking health, and happiness will come. ♥

xXMessedUpXx 24-07-2010 12:27 AM

Thank you, (i'm Beki)

He rang me but hung up on me, then i tried to call him but couldn't and he told me never to call him again. I texted and try to explain but he hasn't texted back. I've written him a letter explaining it but he won't see that until he gets home (we share a flat :( ) i rang my mum earlier and she said i did the right thing and that i was really brave trying to deal with it on my own without worrying anyone else.

Basically i've got Bells Palsy (http://en.wikipedia.org/wiki/Bell%27s_palsy) and was worried so called NHS Direct who said i had to come in and be checked to confirm it. They sent an ambulance cos i was on my own. I didn't call him cos i was told they were 99% certain of what it was but i had to be seen to diagnose it, same reason i didnt call my family. They would have assumed the worst and been so worried. When its a minor problem really.

It was terrifying for me as the last time i was in an ambulance and in hospital i nearly died (cos of an OD) and i cant believe hes blaming me for this. It was so hard last night but i did it alone so he wouldnt worry, he's on holiday in france and there would have been nothing he could have done.

i just feel like i dont deserve this :( i was trying to protect him

FlyingNy 24-07-2010 12:43 AM

You don't deserve it Beki, and if he won't listen to you then perhaps he's not worth your time of day. I understand completly about not wating to worry people, it's part of the reason I am so shut off, I don't want people to worry about me when they have so many of their own problems, among many other reasons I'm the 'Ice Queen' that I've been labelled as.

I've had a situation like this before where somone's told me not to contact them again, but it was completly unjustified so I decided I wasn't having it and they had to at least give me a proper reason, so I ignored the no contract rule and commented on their blog telling them to at least explain to me what the **** was going on and it turned out to be a misunderstanding and it was never them who sent the message in the first place.

Anyway, the point is he might understand if you do manage to explain. Have you pushed him out before? Because it can get very frustrating, as I have learned from the people around me who are ready to kill me right about now. It must be horrible watching someone you love hurting with no idea what's even hurting them, let alone how to help.

You're always welcome on here, whatever your problem. We're a pretty multi cultural group, so there will always be someone around depending on time differences and sleep problems.

Take care sweetie. *Hugs*

*Hugs April* I'm sorry about the way you are feeling right now. It can really suck to feel lonely, especially when there's someone in the house because then there's no logical reason for it. I can be in the middle of my English lesson, surrounded by people and feel so incredibly alone. You have us though, we're here :)

Spies Kahlia and Oliver, how are you two?

xx

FlyingNy 24-07-2010 12:56 AM

Oh guys, this is a goodbye for the next week. Which scares me in a way. I need the support here, I know I don't ask for it a lot, but it's a comfort knowing it's here. I'm gonna be screwed for the next week. Ah well, I'll live. I'll have distractions, but it worries me that I'm taking my blades and 'emergancy' pills.

Hope you're all ok, and I don't want to come back to find anyone's left us! Yes, that is a threat. Mwahaha!

*Hugs to all.*

Thanks for listening to me the other night April, it's really appreciated.

xx

frenchhorn 24-07-2010 01:01 AM

Hi Beki, I'm Oliver. I'm sorry to hear what happened, but like Lia said if he isn't listening is he worth it. sorry don't have any good advice *hugs*

*hugs April* I'm sorry you've been lonely today, it really is the worst when your lonely but surrounded by others, but as Lia said we're here and sending you lots of hugs.

*hugs Lia* how are you tonight/today? hope the week goes ok, please stay safe. Where are you off to? (really sorry if you have said, brain like a seive me)

*hugs Hels* how are you doing now?

*hugs* all other wardies who have popped in at some point, sorry to not name you all, but hope your all ok.

**** I'm stressed about this weekend and its for pathetic reasons.

Kahlia1981 24-07-2010 01:18 AM

*huggles everyone*

Still alive and kicking Lia - though still as anxious as hell.
The beta-blockers are doing absolutely nothing for me. . . . with the possible exception of making me tired.
I see my psychiatrist this coming week - hopefully we can nut something out ... maybe.
Am going to email the advocate-person as well this weekend hopefully to explain what I need to know and when I need to know it by.
Hopefully it will be an easier week this week - but I won't hold my breath.
Still, as I've said before ... a journey of a thousand miles begins with a single step . . . but so does falling down a flight of stairs . . .