RYL Forums

RYL Forums (https://www.recoveryourlife.com/forum/index.php)
-   Veterans Board (https://www.recoveryourlife.com/forum/forumdisplay.php?f=34)
-   -   Virtual Psych ward! (https://www.recoveryourlife.com/forum/showthread.php?t=1312)

Doikers 18-05-2010 09:25 PM

*Bear Hugs April*

MammaMia 18-05-2010 09:26 PM

You're welcome. Love your new profile picture, it's cute :) *cuddles lots* Still feeling really bad but my Mum's just got back, so makes it harder? :S :(

Doikers 18-05-2010 09:32 PM

Grrr Helen I'm sorry your mum being there makes things more difficult for you :( *Hugs if you're not overhugged this evening*

xxjuliexx 18-05-2010 09:33 PM

-waves- i just read the page since we fell asleep and have no idea wat happened

we r going out be back
*offers hugs to all*
ooo and i ate break fast just before:notsure:
:thumbup: spose it's good so give my self two of these:thumbup:

Doikers 18-05-2010 09:37 PM

Thats good Julie *Thumbs up* :-) *Hugs*
*Waves to Owen* I almost didn't spot you there

MammaMia 18-05-2010 09:38 PM

Noooo it's good that my Mum being here makes it harder. I meant it makes it harder for me to OD/do something silly :) Glad my post to April made you smile..*hugs Mark lots*

Doikers 18-05-2010 09:41 PM

Oh , Sorry I miss read it Helen , one miss-read post each , lets call it even eh? :) I't is good that your mum being home makes it harder for you to act on those urges yes :)

katnovia 18-05-2010 09:45 PM

mark: *shrugs* i'm entitled to think i'm ugly. heck i used to wish i was ugly. thanks though, *hugs* i've not been described as pretty before :).
Your tenseness makes sense. heh, i made a rhyme!

helen: perhaps it comes part and parcel with the depression we are all so obviously suffering with. *huggles* your physic skills are amazing, i bow down to you and offer you a round of applause *claps hands in a circular motion*

april: thanks. maybe I do. I wonder if i have one of a smile somewhere...*thinks* if i do, should I change it do you reckon? *shuffles off to view april's piccy*

Julie: *huggles* well done on eating breakfast.

Owen: *waves* it's alright, i've been here most of the time, and I don't know what happened either! Rosie sends a warm safe hug.

*skips back to see if there have been any posts since she started writing this one*

nicole94 18-05-2010 09:53 PM

*hides*

MammaMia 18-05-2010 09:55 PM

Quote:

Originally Posted by Doikers (Post 2303980)
Oh , Sorry I miss read it Helen , one miss-read post each , lets call it even eh? :) I't is good that your mum being home makes it harder for you to act on those urges yes :)

It okay :) Yes we can call it quits now :laugh: Not that we were playing or anything really (wow that sounds wrong, sorry I have a very filthy mind tonight :S) But yes it is good indeed.

Quote:

Originally Posted by katnovia (Post 2303996)
helen: perhaps it comes part and parcel with the depression we are all so obviously suffering with. *huggles* your physic skills are amazing, i bow down to you and offer you a round of applause *claps hands in a circular motion*

I suppose it's a huge possibility & probably our pasts don't help. I know I'm making a wide judgement here (if that's the right phrase) but yeah, you know what I mean :P Thanks for the bowing down & applause but there's no need, really, I'm not amazing :P

MammaMia 18-05-2010 09:55 PM

Quote:

Originally Posted by nicole94 (Post 2304017)
*hides*

*finds Nicole and holds her tight* What's wrong sweetie??

katnovia 18-05-2010 09:59 PM

yah, i know what you mean helen. I think i'm mad enough to understand, in a good way of course. :P no offence meant. You know what, I think everyone who is on here is amazing, amazing for accepting that they have a problem and amazing for reaching out.

*uses magic skills to find nicole and give her a hug, but finds helen has got there first so hugs both of them*

Doikers 18-05-2010 09:59 PM

Hey Nicole * HUG * you ok?

nicole94 18-05-2010 10:00 PM

*hugs helen* i just feel....****. my mums boyfriends here so im uncomfortable, i did crap in my exam today, and i like my friend and know that she doesnt feel the same way :(

Doikers 18-05-2010 10:02 PM

Man so tired *Remembers* I always sleep better the day I have my accupuncture in my ears , I hope I get a good nights sleep and that the urge doesn't keep me up in the night . ggrrr I feel like I should cut before bed , it's exausting hmmmmm. sorry

katnovia 18-05-2010 10:04 PM

*huggles nicole* oh dear. a bit on your plate then. try not to take any notice of your mums boyfriend, just try to focus on something else. it's alright, you're safe. I'm sure you did okay in your exam, at least you tried, right? and i take it you mean 'like' your friend? *huggles* that's a tough place to be in, I know, i've been there. It'll work out for the best though, things have a habit of doing that. wow, that sounded like such a cliche

Doikers 18-05-2010 10:04 PM

Okay , so I'm heading off to bed
*Nighttime hugs Ward mates*
I 've acutally remebred to take my meds tonight , last night I was laying there not sleeping thinking whats up? and then Doh! forgot my meds so had to get up and take them obviously hey ho.

MammaMia 18-05-2010 10:05 PM

Quote:

Originally Posted by katnovia (Post 2304027)
yah, i know what you mean helen. I think i'm mad enough to understand, in a good way of course. :P no offence meant. You know what, I think everyone who is on here is amazing, amazing for accepting that they have a problem and amazing for reaching out.

*uses magic skills to find nicole and give her a hug, but finds helen has got there first so hugs both of them*

Glad you understand what I meant :) I didn't taken any offence, being mad is fun mwaahaha :P Well the good sides of it I mean :tongue2: Everyone on here is amazing, except those who intend to cause trouble, but that's my opinion.

Quote:

Originally Posted by nicole94 (Post 2304032)
*hugs helen* i just feel....****. my mums boyfriends here so im uncomfortable, i did crap in my exam today, and i like my friend and know that she doesnt feel the same way :(

*hugs Nicole lots* I'm sorry you're feeling so bad sweetheart :( Have you tried to talk to your social worker or anyone who can help you explain about being so uncomfortable with your mum's boyfriend? I'm sure you didn't do crap in your exam, think positive sweetheart, but I know it's hard to do :( You never know how your friend feels, but I would recommend treading carefully if you do speak to her about it & be absolutely certain you feel that way. Just from past experience. Sorry if that sounds a little harsh, it's not my intention :( Just don't want you to get anymore hurt then you already have been =[

Doikers 18-05-2010 10:05 PM

Oh and everyone try and stay safe :)

katnovia 18-05-2010 10:06 PM

Quote:

Originally Posted by Doikers (Post 2304036)
Man so tired *Remembers* I always sleep better the day I have my accupuncture in my ears , I hope I get a good nights sleep and that the urge doesn't keep me up in the night . ggrrr I feel like I should cut before bed , it's exausting hmmmmm. sorry

accupuncture in your ears? wow that's a new one. I'm sure you can get a good night. do you have a bedtime routine? one that doesn't involve cutting before bed. *huggles* because you dont need to. it wont help give you a good nights sleep, just a bad one.

MammaMia 18-05-2010 10:07 PM

Quote:

Originally Posted by Doikers (Post 2304040)
I 've acutally remebred to take my meds tonight , last night I was laying there not sleeping thinking whats up? and then Doh! forgot my meds so had to get up and take them obviously hey ho.

*hugs tight* Hope you sleep well & your urges don't wake you up :) Yay for remembering to take meds. If it makes you feel any better, I forgot to take my pill today, so was cursing myself until I took it an hour late. Supposed to take it the exact same time everyday or it makes it slightly less effective for a week in one sense, but that doesn't matter...Okay, you really didn't need to know that LOL!

katnovia 18-05-2010 10:07 PM

Quote:

Originally Posted by Doikers (Post 2304040)

g'night mark, take care of yourself. sweet dreams. *hands you a warm lavender smelling bear to take to bed*

nicole94 18-05-2010 10:10 PM

*hugs kat and helen* i spoke to my individual thearapist and she thought it was really unfair about what my mum said but didnt say anything else, i didnt have a clue what to write in my exam and the answers are really short :(.
about my friend, i have liked her for a long time, like 2 years, and i tried talking to her about it before, and she was okay with it, but she made it clear she wasnt interested, as she is completley straight :(

katnovia 18-05-2010 10:10 PM

Quote:

Originally Posted by MammaMia (Post 2304042)
Glad you understand what I meant :) I didn't taken any offence, being mad is fun mwaahaha :P Well the good sides of it I mean :tongue2: Everyone on here is amazing, except those who intend to cause trouble, but that's my opinion.

isn't it just? ;) I tell my hubby I don't have a multiple personality disorder, everybody else has single personality disorder.. and besides, I get to have at least three different views on everything!

I agree, anyone intending to cause trouble on a support site like this is just downright mean. (and that's the nice calm way of putting it).

MammaMia 18-05-2010 10:13 PM

Quote:

Originally Posted by nicole94 (Post 2304057)
*hugs kat and helen* i spoke to my individual thearapist and she thought it was really unfair about what my mum said but didnt say anything else, i didnt have a clue what to write in my exam and the answers are really short :(.
about my friend, i have liked her for a long time, like 2 years, and i tried talking to her about it before, and she was okay with it, but she made it clear she wasnt interested, as she is completley straight :(

*hugs Nicole again lots*

I'm glad you spoken to someone else about it, sorry they didn't say/do anything else about it though :( Try not to worry about that exam now, nothing you can do until your results are out. Just keep trying your best, that's all anyone can ask of you :) Ah okay, you'll move onto someone else darling I'm sure :( *hugs*

Argh, is it bad that one of my facebook friends is totally freaking me out with their responses to my status? Haven't a clue what they're on about half of the time & I know they've been drinking alcohol. I'm just being pathetic :/

MammaMia 18-05-2010 10:14 PM

Quote:

Originally Posted by katnovia (Post 2304058)
isn't it just? ;) I tell my hubby I don't have a multiple personality disorder, everybody else has single personality disorder.. and besides, I get to have at least three different views on everything!

I agree, anyone intending to cause trouble on a support site like this is just downright mean. (and that's the nice calm way of putting it).

That post made me giggle, hehe, sorry :( *cuddles tight* That's a good way of looking at it though!!!

I agree with that & that it was a nice calm way to put it ;)

katnovia 18-05-2010 10:14 PM

Quote:

Originally Posted by nicole94 (Post 2304057)

Well, the exam is done, and there's nothing to be done about it now, so no use worrying about it, right? :) I know, easier said than done.

as for your friend, i think it might be best if you tried to re-channel those feelings. you have to accept that she's straight and staying that way, and use the energy you have feeling that way about her into feeling good about yourself.

****, sorry, that was crap advice, and all backwards.

katnovia 18-05-2010 10:19 PM

Quote:

Originally Posted by MammaMia (Post 2304061)
Argh, is it bad that one of my facebook friends is totally freaking me out with their responses to my status? Haven't a clue what they're on about half of the time & I know they've been drinking alcohol. I'm just being pathetic :/

No, you're not being pathetic. if they're freaking you out hunny, just leave it alone, ignore them? If they've been drinking they probably wont remember anyway. *huggles*

and it's alright, *cuddles back just as tight* you can giggle at my post :P I'm not offended ;) infact i encourage it. laughter is sometimes the best medication that we can get for free!

nicole94 18-05-2010 10:19 PM

*hugs helen and kat.* yeah, exams done. got like 10 more to go :/. thanks, i know i should get over her, but i really like her. i might try talking to her again, i mean i know from before that she wont be funny with me after, so whats the harm in trying??

katnovia 18-05-2010 10:21 PM

Quote:

Originally Posted by nicole94 (Post 2304077)
*hugs helen and kat.* yeah, exams done. got like 10 more to go :/. thanks, i know i should get over her, but i really like her. i might try talking to her again, i mean i know from before that she wont be funny with me after, so whats the harm in trying??

...hmmm.. i suppose honesty is always the best policy...but what do you want to gain from talking to her?

EDIT: I spy an oliver hiding over there...
ooh and an...oh darn it. name's gone again..crimson!

MammaMia 18-05-2010 10:26 PM

Quote:

Originally Posted by katnovia (Post 2304076)
No, you're not being pathetic. if they're freaking you out hunny, just leave it alone, ignore them? If they've been drinking they probably wont remember anyway. *huggles*

and it's alright, *cuddles back just as tight* you can giggle at my post :P I'm not offended ;) infact i encourage it. laughter is sometimes the best medication that we can get for free!

Thanks darling. They seemed to have stopped now, so hopefully they will :) I expect they won't remember in the morning lol. Yay thanks for letting me giggle at your post & glad it didn't offend you. Yay laughter is a very good & free medication sometimes :D

Quote:

Originally Posted by nicole94 (Post 2304077)

They'll soon be over. Yeah maybe you should try again...*cuddles tight*

PoisonedApple 18-05-2010 10:27 PM

*curls up in invisibility bubble*

MammaMia 18-05-2010 10:32 PM

Everything okay Crimson??

I also spy Laura, April & Oliver, hope you're all okay *cuddles lots*

nicole94 18-05-2010 10:33 PM

*hugs helen and kat* i dont know, maybe shes changed her mind? theres no harm in asking.

MammaMia 18-05-2010 10:35 PM

Quote:

Originally Posted by nicole94 (Post 2304120)
*hugs helen and kat* i dont know, maybe shes changed her mind? theres no harm in asking.

Indeed there's not, but try not to get your hopes up too much? *hugs some more*

Scarletdreamer 18-05-2010 10:38 PM

*cuddles all who want cuddles*

Sorry am crap at replies today, this ward's been moving so fast and I only feel "okay" getting on RYL at work if my supervisor isn't nearby since I don't want her knowing about my problems. :-/ If that makes sense. I mean, I'm going to have to tell her eventually, I reckon, because I'm going to ask and see if I can get volunteer work there after I finish my internship (maybe, anyway), until I get accepted into a residential program. :-S I don't know though...

I don't know whether or not to start applying to said residential programs right NOW or if I should wait... I don't want my internship to be interrupted and it's most likely going to go until the end of June/early July so... well yeah. :-S

I just feel like **** right now. Per usual. Make it go away......... :'(

katnovia 18-05-2010 10:40 PM

*huggles everyone*

I'd love to stay and talk, but my dizzy head and blurry eyes tell me it's time i went to bed. though before i do i am going to celebrate having not switched for hours.

*throws confetti*

Scarletdreamer 18-05-2010 10:41 PM

Yey Kat!! *throws some more confetti and does the happy dance* Hehe... *tucks you up gently and hands you a lavender scented teddy - since that seems to be a very good idea for calming!!* :D

MammaMia 18-05-2010 10:42 PM

April, we have been moving very fast this evening, so don't worry too much about replies. Maybe start applying, these things take quite a while to process I expect??

Kat, yay for not switching, now get yourself to bed missy :) Thanks for listening && sleep well xxxxxxx

katnovia 18-05-2010 10:43 PM

*cuddles april* i wish i could make it go away for you. *cuddles bear* lovely bear
*hugs nicole* I hope you find the right answer for you soon
*hugs oliver* I hope you are okay.
*hugs laura, crimson and everyone else who's lurking/lurked*
*cuddles helen* you've been absolutely brilliant to me today sweetie, thank you so so so much. *cuddles tighter* xxxx

PoisonedApple 18-05-2010 10:46 PM

April ~ I reckon it'd be easiest to apply now and let them know you can't go till whatever date. That way if there's a wait you can be on the list and if there isn't they might reserve a spot for you.

I'm fine I just feel like a fat cow (amongst other things...) and wanna lay down and die at the moment but it'll pass.

MammaMia 18-05-2010 10:47 PM

*cuddles Kat* Thanks for saying that darling, am glad I've helped, hope it doesn't take too long to nod off *cuddles tighter*

katnovia 18-05-2010 10:49 PM

*smile* with cuddles like that i'll be snug warm and sleep safe and sound. Take good care of yourself.

all of you take care.

*lots of love and cuddles and waves and cookies and duvets and all nice things*

MammaMia 18-05-2010 10:52 PM

Awwww thank you Kat.

Kahlia1981 18-05-2010 10:53 PM

*hugs/waves at all*

I don't know why but I am reminded once again that after Monday and Tuesday, even the Calendar goes W T F . . .

Psychiatrist appointment in a few hours. So tired and just plain over everything.. Meh. Oh, and freezing cold.

Hope everyone is doing well. Sorry for being selfish and not giving individual replies, just too many posts and me not being able to keep up. Feel bad. :(

*digs hole and disappears down it* - My apologies for all the holes I keep digging. :(

MammaMia 18-05-2010 10:57 PM

*cuddles Kahlia lots*

Sorry it's not more...

PoisonedApple 18-05-2010 10:57 PM

it's ok kahlia after you leave the holes i refill em with soil and plant new roses and lily's n orchids n the like to expand the garden *cuddles*

taz35 18-05-2010 11:01 PM

7 pages since I logged off this morning.
*hugs to everyone who needs/wants them*... definitely don't have the energy or focus to do individual replies, sorry :(

Trying to hold onto my good mood, but I can feel it slipping slowly. I feel like I'm completely split minded on it =/ Like if I REALLY REALLY wanted to, I could stay in a good mood... or just smile and laugh, and hope it makes me feel better, even though it's fake. On the other hand, it just seems so easy to fall down and let the depression consume me.

Urgh :(

MammaMia 18-05-2010 11:06 PM

*cuddles everyone*

Scarletdreamer 18-05-2010 11:29 PM

Where'd everyone go? heh...

updated r/v... feel like ****... just want to die. don't see the point in going to res if i am not going to get better. 5 years of therapy and 5 hospitalizations and 10 rounds of ect and 26 meds didn't do it, what makes me think that res will?

:crying:

sorry, am a whingy pathetic bitch................ need to shut upppp. :'(