RYL Forums

RYL Forums (https://www.recoveryourlife.com/forum/index.php)
-   Veterans Board (https://www.recoveryourlife.com/forum/forumdisplay.php?f=34)
-   -   Virtual Psych ward! (https://www.recoveryourlife.com/forum/showthread.php?t=1312)

SparkleKitten 07-01-2011 12:28 AM

Khalia hun, I'm here if you ever need to talk *cuddles tightly*

Poor Kitty, I still want you to wake up so we can still talk *hugs*

PsychoKitty2010 07-01-2011 12:42 AM

School starts again on Monday, and I'm extremely worried about it. I'm worried that my financial aid might not come in on time because of the fact that I had to medically withdraw from last semester, so I did not meet the credit requirements of financial aid. I am worried that I will not be able to do it. If I don't go to school, I will no longer have a counselor or an MD. I can't go get a counselor or MD elsewhere because I can't afford it and do not have health insurance. My biological mom has mental illnesses as well. She does not work. She has never been able to hold a job. I have never been able to hold a job, either. I'd like to say that I will not turn out like her, but, what's to say I won't? What if I can't do it? I don't even know how I am going to be able to focus on my school work with my issues with dissociating so much. I don't know what I am going to do. I don't know what I can or cannot do. And this scares the crap out of me.

I hope my financial aid check comes in, soon. I have signed up for direct deposit, so as soon as my tuition is paid, the rest of my financial aid money should be deposited into my bank account automatically (provided there are no problems with it). But I need to buy another home pregnancy test. I have scheduled an appointment for a free one at a clinic out of town, but that appointment isn't until next Thursday at noon. I would like a home pregnancy test first, though. Now my cycle is late, and the test would give me better results. And if it is positive, I can tell them I took a home pregnancy test and it was positive.

SparkleKitten 07-01-2011 12:46 AM

*cuddles Kitty* I wish I could help more :( I'm here for you though, no matter what happens

PsychoKitty2010 07-01-2011 12:50 AM

-snuggles sarah- thanks hun. Sorry for complaining.

PoisonedApple 07-01-2011 12:50 AM

you said you had FS come in earlier right, Kitty? (Assuming I'm thinking of the right person) In your state do you have a specific case worker or a "unit" that handles the caseload?

SparkleKitten 07-01-2011 12:55 AM

You can talk all you like here, noone minds lovely :) *cuddles*

So achy, buying new trainers tomorrow to see if I can make my back feel better

FlyingNy 07-01-2011 12:55 AM

*Hugs Kitty Sarah and Kahlia*

Sarah, perhaps you're tired. I get like that when I'm really tired. I disoconncect from everything but it's different to disassosiation because I'm still me, I know what I'm doing and I wouldn't do anything I wouldn't normally do, but I just don't feel like I'm doing the things or speaking the words if that makes sense...?

I'm sorry you're struggling so much Kahlia. I wish there was something I could do, but I'm very glad you didn't go through with you're plan. I know how you feel about being scared too, I came so close once and it scared me. And about not wanting to upset people,it's part of the reason I keep so to myself. My friends always tell me they'd rather know though,and I guess they're right. A pysch or something would be used to this sort of thing.

Kitty, at least school will give you something to do, get you out of your home. I love school, it keeps me sane.

*Hugs Crimson* Sorry, didn't spot you there. How might you be?

SparkleKitten 07-01-2011 12:58 AM

Sounds about right Lia, but I've only been up 12h, I shouldn't be tired... Strange.

PsychoKitty2010 07-01-2011 01:01 AM

Crimson, yes my husband and I receive food stamps. Basically it's just the DSHS system that controls it. My husband does have a caseworker, but she is there mainly because he is receiving cash benefits from the state as well. He was receiving food stamps first, though, and he didn't initially have a designated caseworker, I believe.

Lia, school stresses me out to the max. I am really socially awkward, and feel less of a human when I'm around a bunch of people. Then there's the stress of getting homework done, which is more of a problem now than it used to be, due to the dissociation issues. School is far from my friend.

-goes to retrieve her big stuffed dolphin and lays it in the middle of the day room floor and snuggles up with it-

PoisonedApple 07-01-2011 01:06 AM

I's ok Lia. Fighting to ignore the headache I've got... but that's about it.

Kitty, the reason I ask is, if it's the same as up here if you qualify for FS or TANF you should qualify for Medicaid as well... Has the caseworker given a reason if they won't qualify you? The amount in your bank shouldn't bar you from it if they already know it's to pay your bills (which I assume they do because of the other assistance you are on)...

MammaMia 07-01-2011 01:16 AM

I'm crying my eyes out lol :'(

*curls up*

PsychoKitty2010 07-01-2011 01:21 AM

No, Crimson, it is not the same up here. According to their rules, you have to be pregnant, a senior citizen, or on social security disability in order to get medical. They are very strict on their rules. I could say something else but I won't because I don't want to offend anyone..

SparkleKitten 07-01-2011 01:38 AM

*cuddles ward* I'm off to go do my injection and sleep. Night xx

Cazki 07-01-2011 01:46 AM

Hey im back, i havent been here for a few days. *Curls up in the corner* im lonely :( and not feeling a 100%.

PsychoKitty2010 07-01-2011 01:47 AM

Night night sarah -hugs-

PsychoKitty2010 07-01-2011 01:48 AM

-sits with ian- Sorry you are lonely. Could you go see a friend or something to feel less lonely?

Cazki 07-01-2011 01:55 AM

Thanks Kitty :) *Hugs Kitty* I was out with a friend earlier but i only have one friend. How are you?

PsychoKitty2010 07-01-2011 02:05 AM

You have one more friend than I do. -hugs ian- I'm fine. And bored.

misskitty112 07-01-2011 02:23 AM

*hugs ward*

MammaMia 07-01-2011 02:24 AM

Invisible, wow. Just wanted someone to care & a hug.

*hugs Felicia, Kitty and Ian*

PsychoKitty2010 07-01-2011 02:27 AM

Helen you aren't invisible. But when you said "Crying my eyes out", you also said "lol", which confused me, and possibly confused others. -hug-

-hugs felicia- How you be?

Going to disappear for a bit. I will return.

MammaMia 07-01-2011 02:42 AM

*hugs Kitty back*

risenfromperdition 07-01-2011 02:49 AM

*leaves hugs for anyone who wants and waves at everyone else*

misskitty112 07-01-2011 03:21 AM

I feel like I'm going to burst into tears for no reason.

PsychoKitty2010 07-01-2011 03:31 AM

What's going on, Helen? Why are you crying? -offers protective teddy-

What's wrong, Felicia? -offers protective teddy- -sits next to helen and felicia-

Kahlia1981 07-01-2011 04:17 AM

is it normal to feel so terrified of the hospital an ip system that you don't want to tell anyone what is really going on or how close you came. the psych part of the hospital here has killed so many people and i don't want to be one of the casulaties - and they have tried to kill me before .. i'm terrified of going in there and it's making me not want to talk to anyone. i have so much on my plate with uni and other stuff and i don't want to go there but i'm scared that they will send me there ... i'm so confused. what can i do? i just want to break down and cry or run away. i just don't know anymore. i'm so sorry, i'm such a bad wardie. i don't deserve help. i'm just a waste of space and i'm putting all my troubles onto everyone else.

i can't even rejoice in my good stuff like getting a hd on my subject from the last study period at uni. nothing seems to touch me anymore. i keep feeling like it would be better for everyone if i wasn't here.

i'm just so sorry. i just would love to cry and curl up in a corner and never be seen again., :crying:

PsychoKitty2010 07-01-2011 04:33 AM

-hugs kahlia, if ok- First of all, you are not a bad wardie. And you are not a waste of space. Everyone is allowed to rant and vent all they want and/or need here. That's the purpose of the ward. Everyone supports each other here.

What do you mean the ward has killed people? Can you report them for doing so? It doesn't seem right that they should be allowed to get away with that. That's murder and as far as I know, murder is against the law, no matter where you live. Since they have tried to kill you in the past, surely you could tell that to the police or something? If they are killing patients, something has to be done.

Maybe until the hospital system is better, you could talk to someone, but not tell them the entire truth? Not lying, but omitting some of the truth so that you don't get hospitalized. If not, is there a chance you could request to be hospitalized elsewhere?

I am going to watch a movie. I need a distraction. I'm sorry. I am not trying to be rude or anything. If you need to talk more, you can PM me if you'd like. I will be checking back every so often. -offers kahlia a protective teddy-

Edit: Just so everyone knows, I am going to stay logged on here during my movie. Just to clear up confusion. Makes it easier for me to pop back in and check.

PsychoKitty2010 07-01-2011 05:08 AM

I love this song...it's such a classic! (It was on the movie I am watching)

[ame="http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=tbNlMtqrYS0"]YouTube - The Proclaimers - I'm Gonna Be (500 Miles)[/ame]

PsychoKitty2010 07-01-2011 07:05 AM

I'm back just so everyone knows my movie is over.

Kahlia1981 07-01-2011 10:32 AM

kitty: our ward has literally killed people and been responsible for the deaths (directly and indirectly) of many others.
The following content has been hidden - Reason : Full details
we have had a significant number of people released because they were "well" who were tasered by police less than 24 hours later as they were psychotic - an impossibility even if they had immediately gone off their medication. people have been refused admission and then killed outside the psych ward by being held in dangerous positions and then administered od's of anti-psychotic medications - apparantly there was nothing wrong with them which is why they weren't admitted, but they were obviously unwell enough to require 6 security guards, 4 nurses and a doctor and antipsychotic medication ...

indirectly the ward has been responsible for more than 20 deaths due to suicide - and that is just the ones that have been proven because the suicides happened immediately after the people were turned away after asking for help. it is not uncommon for od's to be given to patients on the ward. i was put in this situation a number of times myself. if you become physically unwell on the ward they ignore it. at least two people (other than myself) that i know of ended up having to require blood transfusions because the nurses and doctors ignored physical symptoms.

they have been reported numerous times but it generally gets ignored. there is a court case at the moment for a gentlement who was killed in a method i mentioned above - it made it to all the papers in australia especially because they took him to a place where the security cameras couldn't see.

the other problem is that they alter patients notes. they removed sections of mine which i only know because i made a complaint to the hqcc (health quality complaints commission) - the highest body i could - and was told they could find no mention of the three od's the hospital gave me. fortunately for me the rest of what i was complaining about was there and the unit was severely reprimanded ... but all it really came down to was a slap on the wrist. another person i know went to the hqcc also but they told her that half of her file has disappeared.

i spoke with a friend today and she advised me also to sort of talk around the issue with my gp so that hospitalisation would not be so much of a concern - but to hopefully be more honest with my pdoc. she also told me to ring her if i started getting too bad again so i could have someone supportive to talk things through with because when i tried to reach out to someone before they told me they didn't want to talk and hung up even after i had admitted i was suicidal.

just hoping that things will settle down .. scared they might not. really sorry for putting this all on you guys. i know it's a lot and you don't need to deal with my bs. :-(

Doikers 07-01-2011 12:11 PM

*Hugs Kitty*
*Hugs Lia*
*Hugs Sarah*
*Hugs Kahlia* Please tell a Dr Hun , They could put in place a support network for you , thats what my team did for me .PM box Open for you always despite my advice maybe crap I'll always listen :)
*Hugs Crimson*
*Hugs Helen*
*Hugs Ian*
*Hugs Felicia*
*Hugs Heather* Nice new profile pic :)

Doikers 07-01-2011 01:48 PM

*Potters about the ward*

Doikers 07-01-2011 04:15 PM

*Spots and Hugs Kahlia*

one_step_closer 07-01-2011 05:10 PM

*hugs everyone* It's quiet in here now.

shadowedsoul 07-01-2011 05:15 PM

hugs all, then curls up.

MammaMia 07-01-2011 05:48 PM

*hugs ward*

misskitty112 07-01-2011 05:49 PM

Man, the ward's quiet today.

*hugs all*

FlyingNy 07-01-2011 05:56 PM

Boo. :)

misskitty112 07-01-2011 05:58 PM

Lia! *hugs* How're you?

MammaMia 07-01-2011 06:02 PM

*hugs Lia and Felicia*

Doikers 07-01-2011 06:12 PM

*Hugs Lindsay*

*Hugs Felicia*

*Hugs Helen*

*Hugs Lia*

*Hugs Jill*

How are you all?

FlyingNy 07-01-2011 06:13 PM

*Hugs Helen* Hey. You feeling better now? What was the matter?

*Hugs Felicia* Yo :) You alright?

I'm Ok atm. I didn't crash last night, phew, but I'm still afraid of it because even for me, I am taking this news far too well...

FlyingNy 07-01-2011 06:13 PM

Sorry Mark, posted as you did. *Hugs* Just explained about me, what about you?

SparkleKitten 07-01-2011 06:24 PM

Hey guys *cuddles ward* I bought some of those tone up trainers for my commute because they're so comfortable and good for my joints. Mums moaning because I already have shoes. She nags me to get more exercise, when I do something about it I get moaned at. AGH! Its so frustrating!

SparkleKitten 07-01-2011 06:31 PM

Meh, so hurt

misskitty112 07-01-2011 06:43 PM

*hugs Helen*
*Hugs Lia* I'm glad you're okay, atm.
*Hugs Sarah* I'm sorry that you're getting moaned at.

Doikers 07-01-2011 06:47 PM

*Hugs Lia* I'm ......conflicted . Trying my bestest to not injure .

*Hugs Sarah* I'm sorry your Mum is moaning at you :S

PoisonedApple 07-01-2011 06:51 PM

Sarah, have you tried to tell her that no matter the exercise or exercise program it's recommended to get shoes specifically for it?

*hugs everyone*

Doikers 07-01-2011 06:55 PM

*Hugs Crimson* How are you?

SparkleKitten 07-01-2011 07:03 PM

I tried, but she won't listen. They're a waste of money apparently. They're to take pressure off my joints and tone muscles whilst walking. I don't see the issue. >:(

*cuddles ward* this is making my head hurt