RYL Forums

RYL Forums (https://www.recoveryourlife.com/forum/index.php)
-   Veterans Board (https://www.recoveryourlife.com/forum/forumdisplay.php?f=34)
-   -   Virtual Psych ward! (https://www.recoveryourlife.com/forum/showthread.php?t=1312)

SparkleKitten 20-12-2010 01:15 AM

The following content has been hidden - Reason : Triggering (possibly ED)
Mums on at my weight, telling me I need to be as thin as possible for my "health" which isn't helping because I just want to starve myself constantly... Help

risenfromperdition 20-12-2010 01:20 AM

=[ i cant help cuz kind of same atm... but im here if you wanna talk =[

SparkleKitten 20-12-2010 01:23 AM

Thanks darling. Mums now off on one because I can't eat spicy food without being ill. I don't know what to do :(

Edit - She bought a box of fajita spice mix around 6 months ago, she refuses to stop putting it in everything, even though it makes me really ill. ¬_¬

PsychoKitty2010 20-12-2010 01:28 AM

I bes back -spots sarah and waves-

nicole94 20-12-2010 01:29 AM

*clings to helen* I can't do this helen. i've SI'ed twice today, and i still wanna do more. I can feel myself slipping back into that darkness again and I don't like it :( I wanna stay here, I don't wanna be back in 'that' place. :( *cries*

SparkleKitten 20-12-2010 01:34 AM

The following content has been hidden - Reason : ED Trigger?
mums being awful with me, her advice is horrific. She wants me to be like my sister, the only way she got to that was by not eating. Is that what she wants from me? Why does she want to push me like this? *cries*

*clings to Kitty* I'm going to go hide in bed where its safe. She knows I'm mentally unstable, why does she do this? Night ward *cuddles*

PsychoKitty2010 20-12-2010 01:41 AM

-hugs sarah and rubs her back- I'm sorry about how your mom is treating you. Does she know what your sister did to turn up the way she did? If not, could you mention it to her? Could you by any chance move out and distance yourself from her for a while? I know it's hard, but your well being is more important. You say she knows you are mentally unstable, yet she treats you like that? That's not good or healthy for you. :(

-hugs nicole- I'm sorry you are struggling with SI. Is there anything you can do to distract yourself from hurting yourself any more? Please look after your wounds.

risenfromperdition 20-12-2010 01:50 AM

*squishes everyone and wishes i could actually help =[*

nicole94 20-12-2010 01:53 AM

*hugs sarah, kitty and heather*
Can I give up now? Please?

PsychoKitty2010 20-12-2010 01:59 AM

-hugs heather- How are ya doin?

-rubs and pats nicole's back while hugging her- no. No giving up. Sorry.

nicole94 20-12-2010 02:04 AM

Please? I can't fight this anymore, I really can't I've tried so hard. I honestly have. I've spent the last 4 years fighting, slipping up. Then fighting again, but I just can't do it anymore, Its won. I can't live like this anymore.....

risenfromperdition 20-12-2010 02:06 AM

*offers hug* hmm... do you think if you found somewhere to live that wasnt at home it'd be easier? [or did you already move out? i forget :s]

try to take care hun =\ i'd miss you a ton if you werent around and i know im not the only one <3

PsychoKitty2010 20-12-2010 02:15 AM

Nicole, I know how you feel. And I'm sure others here do as well. But you can't give up. If we were to ask you the same thing I'm pretty sure you'd say no... -hugs- I know that doesn't sound right. I cant say anything right. Gah Amara is back again. Sorry I can't be more help.

-sighs and sits in the corner again and hits the back of her head against the wall at a constant rate-

nicole94 20-12-2010 02:46 AM

*hugs heather and kitty*
Heather-Sorry, was that aimed at me?
Kitty-I know I would tell you no :( I'm such a Hypocrite :(
I'm tired but too scared to sleep :(

PsychoKitty2010 20-12-2010 03:05 AM

-hugs nicole back- it's ok. I understand that you are scared. I just wish there was more I could do to help... -sighs-

-spots felicia and waves- how you be?

nicole94 20-12-2010 03:19 AM

*hugs kitty* Thats ok, Thankyou for just being here, you've calmed me down a lot. I no longer feel like I am an immediate danger to myself. So thankyou for that.
Now I just need the thoughts and flashbacks to go away, and I might be able to get some sleep :(

PsychoKitty2010 20-12-2010 03:24 AM

-hugs nicole- good, I'm glad I could help you calm down. And I can really relate to the flashbacks, unfortunately. And unfortunately, I don't have any idea how to make them go away. Amara likes to use them against me, so I wish I knew how. -cuddles- I'm here for you to talk to, though. Sorry if my replies are a bit slow, I have to constantly hide this screen. -.- But I am here. Will be for a while.

frenchhorn 20-12-2010 03:24 AM

*hugs Nicole, Kitty, Heather and Sarah* your all amazing, no one is allowed to give up. Wish I could do more to help you all. Here if anyone wants t chat, talk rant whatever.

EDIT: Nicole and anyone else, while I was in hospital this nurse helped me to calm down while having a flashback, he made me do these random things but it did work, took a while and they don't go for ever, but for a good few hours.
so what you do, is breathe slowly in through your nose for 3 then out through your mouth for 3, you keep doing that for a while, then you wiggle your fingers and toes (strange but he said it was important) you concentrate on your breathing and fingers and toes, then you imagine the flashbacks and the things you can hear/see floating away and becoming more and more distant.

It takes lot to do and it was helpful having him sit there so when they were coming back and I was losing my concentration on the breathing and fingers and toes he could remind me, but after a while they became distant and I could stop freaking out and was able to go back to the day lounge for a few hours and then sleep.

It might not work, but worth a try

PsychoKitty2010 20-12-2010 03:32 AM

-hugs oliver back- I don't know if "amazing" is a word that could describe me very well. But how are you doing?

nicole94 20-12-2010 03:34 AM

*hugs kitty and oliver*
kitty-Thanks, Although I am hoping to get some sleep soon.
Oliver-Thanks for that, I will try it soon. Gonna stay on here for a while and calm down a bit more, then will try that when I go to bed. How are you?