RYL Forums

RYL Forums (https://www.recoveryourlife.com/forum/index.php)
-   Veterans Board (https://www.recoveryourlife.com/forum/forumdisplay.php?f=34)
-   -   Virtual Psych ward! (https://www.recoveryourlife.com/forum/showthread.php?t=1312)

FlyingNy 03-12-2010 03:55 PM

Or if the reason you don't eat breakfast is because of an eating disorder and you cut because of the ED. I have done some of my reading :) I'm still not up to date, but it's progress. I really need to start working properly, it just takes so much effort...

FlyingNy 03-12-2010 04:36 PM

Oh my days. My motivation today is terrible. I actually have done next to nothing. I've got dressed, read two chapters of Wuthering Heights for English and done a tiny bit of writing. What else have I been doing all of this time?!

Doikers 03-12-2010 04:37 PM

My Dad showed up earlier than I thought , I was Watching " From Dusk Till Dawn" It's violent but I've seen it a few times and it's good for taking my mind off thoughts , make sense? So anyway I've paused the DVD and am watching Friends re-runs , just for the change of pace heh

Doikers 03-12-2010 04:43 PM

*Squishes Lia* Having No Motivation is going around I think .

FlyingNy 03-12-2010 04:52 PM

Lol, bit of a jump there Mark. I remember when I was watching Moulin Rouge and my mum was in the next room, so she could only hear it and I was on the fake orgasm scene, so all my mum could hear was the noises, she couldn't see that nothing was actually going on and shouted to me 'what on earth are you watching?!' It was a bit of a lol,but slightly awkward turtle when she came in to investigate.

Doikers 03-12-2010 04:59 PM

Hehe Lia :) I'll get back to the Film Later But I like Friends , it's nice and familiar and comfy :)

risenfromperdition 03-12-2010 05:14 PM

motivation? whats that >.>

FlyingNy 03-12-2010 05:29 PM

Lol Heather, I take it you've caught the bug too then ;)

I know that feeling Mark. I feel so much comfort if I have something familiar. Especailly if I am going into an unfamilar world. Like when I went to Canada, I took Harry Potter with me and my cousins out there, but I had only met them once. But then, saying that, if I was being chased by a mad axe murderer, I would be glad tp bump into my cousin Heather or someone simply because they would be more familiar to me than what was happening. Anyway. Rambling now.

one_step_closer 03-12-2010 05:40 PM

I made it in to see my OT, she thinks that I need more things to do so i've to look into night classes on cookery or photography. She says that they'll be free because i'm on benefits but i'm not sure.

Doikers 03-12-2010 05:54 PM

*Hugs Lindsay* My support team want me to do more too , I try but depression is hard and self injury helps not at all with it.

*Hugs Lia* Familiar is nice :)

FlyingNy 03-12-2010 05:58 PM

Yay, I managed to get my writing done and now I need to summon the energy to read more Wuthering Heights before my English teacher kills me.

Lindsey, you could give the clubs a try. You don't have to keep going if you don't want to, or find it too hard. *Hugs* And you're not an idiot btw. I'm a disaster even at walking, I would do no better.

Doikers 03-12-2010 06:21 PM

You're not a disaster Lia *Hugs*

FlyingNy 03-12-2010 06:37 PM

Lol, trust me, I am. I once managed to almost set fire to the school kichens, grill my cakes, stack it over thin air, write about the wrong thing in my actualy GCSE, use the wrong person to answer my essay question in theatre studies, get the social context of a play in my theatre power point wrong by a century, write '****' in my English essay instead of 'shut', fall into a guy's lap who was in a wheelchair... the list goes on. Trust me when I tell you I should come with a safety hazard warning.

risenfromperdition 03-12-2010 06:38 PM

isnt my sig pretty? ^.^
i love flowers peeking outta snow hehe

risenfromperdition 03-12-2010 06:38 PM

and err... yus i do have a sig-changing prollem :P

misskitty112 03-12-2010 06:39 PM

*hugs ward*
I'm sorry, no individuals... I can't concentrate enough to read the 3-4ish pages since I last posted.

I'm trying to do work. Trying. But for Lit Theory, I have to analyze one of my old, graded papers, and I'm staring at this paper and all the red pen marks and the horrible comments. I am a crap English major. Seriously.

Doikers 03-12-2010 06:41 PM

*Hugs Felicia*

*Hugs Heather*

one_step_closer 03-12-2010 07:03 PM

I'm sick, sick, sick, of life. Yes, it's probably just because it's the evening again and I am running out of things to do. I should really phone the voluntary crisis team before I do something stupid. I did phone last night but they were out on a visit so I hung up because I didn't want them to call me back about an hour later, I couldn't stay sane that long, and I just went to my bed. I don't know what to do. I need to get washed but i'm not going to because I can't be bothered. I hate me.

When I was talking to my OT today we discussed how I feel like I need someone to take care of me and how, at the age of 23 (almost 24), I should be taking care of myself. She said that the only way i'll be taken care of is if I find myself a nice husband. How am I supposed to do that when I can hardly interact with people? I hate me times two. Times a million. :(

Doikers 03-12-2010 07:07 PM

*Huge Hugs Lindsay* Please phone the crisis team Hun , they're there to help you and they might not be out on a call tonight .

risenfromperdition 03-12-2010 07:12 PM

*hugs everyone who wants/can accept*
felicia- you're not a horrible english major <3