RYL Forums

RYL Forums (https://www.recoveryourlife.com/forum/index.php)
-   Veterans Board (https://www.recoveryourlife.com/forum/forumdisplay.php?f=34)
-   -   Virtual Psych ward! (https://www.recoveryourlife.com/forum/showthread.php?t=1312)

SparkleKitten 25-10-2010 09:36 PM

Night Mark *cuddles*

My family keep making me jump tonight, my chest hurts :(

FlyingNy 25-10-2010 09:54 PM

*Hugs all*

Thanks for understanding and hugs guys. I don't know what I would do without my wardies :) I'm going to the cinema tomorrow, and screw what my mum says. Screw her altogether, I'll do this my own way, she doesn't get an input. If I wanna go to university in Newcastle (which I do) I will go.

SparkleKitten 25-10-2010 10:32 PM

*cuddles Lia* Exactly! I just wish I'd realised that before I got stuck in a degree I don't want to do. Hope you have a good day tomorrow :)

FlyingNy 25-10-2010 10:46 PM

Thanks Sarah :) It's a shame you ended up doing what she wanted you to do rather than what you wanted. What is the course you're taking? Maybe you could go back to college and do what you wanted when you've finished uni.

x

PoisonedApple 25-10-2010 10:53 PM

*hugs everyone and hides*

SparkleKitten 25-10-2010 11:04 PM

Doing a maths degree currently Lia but wanted to go work as a veterinary nurse, or in some way with animals. I mean I know the pay is dire and the work is hard but I wanted to either work with animals or study animal psychology. *cuddles*

*cuddles Crimson* You okay hun?

FlyingNy 25-10-2010 11:15 PM

Hey Crimson. You alright?

Maths! Urgh! My sympathy grows. I'd die if I had to do maths. I want to do English with creative writing. There's a university in Newcastle called Keele and I can do English and American Literature with modules in creative writing, journalism and gothic novels. May not sound riviting to someone who does a maths degree as they are complete oppisites, but I can't wait! I really hope you get to do what you want. If my mum had her way I would be doing physics, which I hate. I didn't ask to be good at it, I don't see why I should suffer.

Kahlia1981 25-10-2010 11:22 PM

*huggles all*

Lia & Sarah: Although it wasn't directed towards me (and I'm sorry for interjecting) I can really empathise & sympathise with doing a degree you hate/dislike - regardless of whether you are good at it or not.

When I was originally starting out towards uni (1999) I wanted to study physiotherapy but my OP score wasn't good enough. - Not surprising considering my circumstances (BF committing suicide etc). So I started out doing Occupational Therapy. Some parts were okay, but I hated every moment of it. I then became sick with my mental illness. Now I'm studying IT and loving it!!

FlyingNy 25-10-2010 11:32 PM

Picture this. A family of four round the dinner table.

Mother (to me): Why are your hands shaking?

Me: I'm on drugs.

Real answer: Because, mum, I am trying not to show emotion while you all sit there and viciously snarl at me what a freak I am.

*HUgs Lindsey* How are you today?

x

^^^
Bugger, my mum wants to take me to the doctor about the shaking.

SparkleKitten 26-10-2010 12:01 AM

*cuddles Lia* can you not go on your own or is that not possible? When I went to college I was able to finally go see my doctor on my own, but there's still times where she demands to see them with me. Perhaps you could contact the surgery and tell them you want to be seen alone? I don't know. Sorry.

*cuddles Kahlia* I don't mind with it being maths, I'm blessed with a natural gift for it and I don't mind it, but now I'm doing the degree she's pushing me to do postgrad and then postdoctorate and I don't know if I can. I don't like it *that* much. *sigh* I feel trapped.

Bed for me, feeling crazy. Night x

RYUU 26-10-2010 01:06 AM

i tried to od today but i called my husband and told him what i wanted to do
he got a taxi home he then threw the pills out but left the amount for my daily meds

now i am seeing things and voices are loud i called a crisis line and they told me to take more of my meds but so far they havent done anything

misskitty112 26-10-2010 01:30 AM

Quote:

Originally Posted by IceQueenHasAHeart (Post 2542856)
There's a university in Newcastle called Keele and I can do English and American Literature with modules in creative writing, journalism and gothic novels.

This sounds awesome. Minus the journalism. I dropped Journalism from my course list, with the exception of the journalism courses I need for my Creative Writing.
I have an odd fascination with Jacobian drama in my English Literature courses right now.
Anyway, I shall ramble no more.

Also, if anyone wondered what I did during homecoming week:
dance competition! Ignore that this guy couldn't spell Homecoming. haha.

FlyingNy 26-10-2010 10:47 AM

*Hugs RYUU* I don't have a lot of advice really, but I just wanted you to know I'm thinking of you.

*Hugs Felicia* I don't know if I will take the modules in journalism or not, it's not what I want to do, it would just be an extra thing. I'm doing Jacobian theatre in English right now for my A-level and it's less than fun. We are studying this play called 'A Spanish Tragdey' which has to be the most boring thing of all time. Still, at least I managed to get an A on my end of term grade sheet, at this level, it's the highest you can get but next year it will go back up to A* being the highest. I'm not sure why it's like that. Anyway, I thought that was pretty good considering I neither understand/like the play nor have I really being paying attention in lessons and pretty much made up the entire essay which those grades were based on. Of course my mum wasn't pleased. I could have got A's in all my subjects apparently.

Still, enough about me.

Morning all, I'm actually awake before afternoon for once. How is everyone this morning?

I've just been woken up by a loud chorus of 'Hark the Herold Angels Sing' I don't even want to know.

x

Kahlia1981 26-10-2010 10:52 AM

Lia: Once when I was in hospital in the psych PICU (psychiatric intensive care unit) I had to sleep on one of the couches because they had no beds and was awakened at 4am by two patients singing Eminem's song "Mockinbird" over me ... I used to like that song before then!!

*huggles everyone*

I am feeling so much more human today. I even managed the 5 kilometer round trip to the nearest big shopping centre!! And to do some work for my assignment. I'm pretty exhausted now though.

Doikers 26-10-2010 11:16 AM

*Hugs Lia*

*Hugs Sarah*

*Hugs Ryuu*

*Hugs Kahlia*

*Hugs Crimson*

*Hugs Felicia* OOOhhh cool video :)

*Spots and hugs Helen*

MammaMia 26-10-2010 11:17 AM

*hugs ward*

Doikers 26-10-2010 11:41 AM

How are you Helen?

MammaMia 26-10-2010 11:46 AM

Not too great. Had a migraine yesterday and it made me really ill yesterday. Still suffering with the pain a little and stuff now, but least I don't feel sick I suposse.

Doikers 26-10-2010 11:54 AM

aww :( I'm sorry to hear that Helen .

MammaMia 26-10-2010 12:29 PM

Thanks Mark

misskitty112 26-10-2010 02:33 PM

Lia, I confess, I have never heard of The Spanish Tragedy, so I looked it up. So, let me clarify: My instructor for English Lit is a Jacobian scholar specializing in Thomas Middleton. Middleton is pure genius, and I keep finding more and more drama I like that isn't written by Middleton, but looking at the sparknote page, The Spanish Tragedy does not sound fascinating =p.

*hugs Kahlia* Good work!

*hugs Mark* Thanks, it would've been a great dance if I hadn't messed up haha. How are you?

*hugs Helen* I hope you feel 100% better soon!

I don't wanna go to class... Story of my life.

frenchhorn 26-10-2010 02:43 PM

*hides far away in a corner*

SparkleKitten 26-10-2010 03:00 PM

*cuddles all* Just got done with most of my assignment but having syntax issues with last 2 questions so I've given up for today. Ehh. Went a bit mad last night, thought I was a cat. :/ *sigh*

one_step_closer 26-10-2010 04:12 PM

Hello everyone. *hugs for those who need them*

Doikers 26-10-2010 04:45 PM

*Hugs Lindsay*How are you today?

*Hugs Sarah*Are you okay now?

*Hugs Oliver*Hows your hand?

*Hugs Helen*How are you feeling now?

Well, I was on auto pilot and stepped out in front of a big , moving car this afternoon , it honked and swerved, didn't hit me which was good ,I was away with the faeries , my mind was far far away. Then the pharmacy gave me my meds that the origional script screwed up and I got them home only to find an extra 60 400mg tablets of Lithium , again.
So a car almost hits me,
Too mant tablets,
Whats the universe trying to tell me? I'm feeling pretty numb and apathetic right now.

one_step_closer 26-10-2010 04:55 PM

*hugs Mark* I think the universe is only trying to tell you that people make mistakes. Can you do something to make you feel better?

PoisonedApple 26-10-2010 04:57 PM

Sorry for disappearing yesterday everybody...
Had to cover the front desk all day (to include the over 2 hours our computers weren't working) and I'm gonna have to do it again today.
*hugs everyone*

Doikers 26-10-2010 05:34 PM

*Hugs Lindsay* Yep mistakes , Tonight I'm having Pizza with the little bit of coleslaw I have left mixed with super hot Chilli sauce , I guess that could be classed as making myself feel a little better?

*Hugs Crimson*

*Hugs Felicia* I didn't spot that you made a mistake dancing , you looked great , you all did :)

SparkleKitten 26-10-2010 05:47 PM

*cuddles Mark* Not really, feeling so zoned out and away with the faries its unreal. Nothing feels real. I honestly felt like I'd fallen into my sims game earlier, wandering about a house I made as what I'd imagine this ward to be like. And I was just aimlessly drifting around the lower floor in circles. Just feel so strange. I'm sure there's something not quite right with me recently, but it feels good.

*cuddles everyone else* sorry I'm all me me me tonight :(

Doikers 26-10-2010 05:51 PM

*Hugs Sarah*

misskitty112 26-10-2010 06:29 PM

*hugs Sarah* Take care of yourself, dear.
*hugs Mark* I hope your pizza is good and it makes you feel better :)
I spot Laura! *hugs*

I'm writing a news story, whooo. so if you guys want your opinion in my story, answer this question: do you believe religious tolerance can go too far?

SoMuchMore 26-10-2010 06:36 PM

*hugs mark* i hope you are feeling a little better. The universe is not trying to tell you anything tho, other than what lindsay said. I know its hard sometimes, but try not to read too much into things.

*hugs sarah* i'm sorry you are not feeling real. I get like that sometimes, its very strange. Hopefully the feeling passes soon. Stay safe hun.

*hugs crimson* you okay? sounds like you are working a lot still.

*hugs lindsay* how r u doing?

*hugs oliver* Are you alright? Talk to us if it will help.

*hugs helen* Hope you are feeling better hun.

*hugs felicia* The video looked good! hope you had a good time performing. Hope class went okay.

*hugs kahlia* glad you are feeling better today! So glad that you were able to get out and about :)

*hugs lia* I'm sorry about the family situation you are in hun. If you have to go to the doctor with your mother, do you think you could at least go in by yourself and talk to the doctor alone? That way she could still go with you if she insists on it but you still have some privacy.

*hugs RYUU* im glad your husband was able to get home and help you. It was very brave of you to call him. Sorry you are hearing voices and the crisis line wasn't much help. Try not to listen to the voices. Can you do things to distract yourself/try to drown them out.. like listen to music, watch a movie, or just get out of your house for awhile?

*cuddles heather* Hope youre okay hun.

Well, yesterday when i said I'd reply properly later, i guess that meant I would reply properly today. Sorry. Got caught up in uni work and newspaper work. lol I love how everyone hates journalism here. I'm a journalism major... but i don't really like it either. I like writing and all but social anxiety and reporting/interviewing do not mix well. I'm in journalism for the web design classes :)

Anyway, hopefully this week will slow down a bit after tonight b/c I won't have any uni tests then until next tuesday. Stress is getting to me with all the other drama with my friend and her wanting me to somehow have all the magical answers and fixes. Oh but then I got a message from her and she was like, "i don't want you to take any of this out on yourself." (she has noticed some SI stuff with me)... so now i pretty much feel like shes saying, fix me but don't feel responsible for me, and it just doesn't work both ways. In fact, neither of those ways will really work. grr.. sorry, venting... frustrated

nicole94 26-10-2010 06:40 PM

*hugs everyone*
lia-how can you do english lit? its sooo boring! i'd rather take the maths tbh :P i wanna do something to do with social care when i go to uni, unfortanatley that wont be till i'm 21 :/
how is everyone?

Doikers 26-10-2010 06:50 PM

*Hugs Felicia* Oooooh thats a tough question , Sorry my brain just doesn't want to think tonight :S

*Hugs Lia*

*Hugs Laura* I'm sorry you're so very stressed out :S

PoisonedApple 26-10-2010 07:44 PM

yeah I'm okay Laura. Rache is just out sick yesterday and today... on the upside the other position I've been covering? They're doing final interviews today for it... only 3 people and one of them is the person that's been helping me get caught up the last couple months.

Doikers 26-10-2010 08:08 PM

*Hugs Crimson*

*Spots and Hugs Felicia*

*Spots and Hugs Helen*

MammaMia 26-10-2010 08:50 PM

*hugs Mark & everyone else*

SparkleKitten 26-10-2010 10:10 PM

Ugh this evening sucked. I don't know why I'm feeling strange and down, but being asked "Whats wrong, why won't you talk to me, think about it and figure out whats wrong" every 2 minutes doesn't help me feel better or think about whats wrong. . *cuddles all*

misskitty112 26-10-2010 10:13 PM

*hugs Sarah* I have days like that. I'm sorry.

nicole94 26-10-2010 10:34 PM

*hugs everyone* wards very quiet tonight.......

SparkleKitten 26-10-2010 11:01 PM

I wish I could say something more than hugs and stuff about myself all the time. Ugh.

*cuddles all*

nicole94 26-10-2010 11:10 PM

*hugs sarah* that doesnt matter, we all know how hard it is to support other people when you're struggling yourselfs, i think thats one of the hard things about this website, people find it hard to support themselves and other people at times, but we all go through good times and bad times and i think it ends up balancing out with how much support we give ad how much we receive.

SparkleKitten 26-10-2010 11:24 PM

Indeedy. I'm heading off to bed to have nice conversations with my stuffed octopus. *massive squishy cuddles* x

nicole94 26-10-2010 11:30 PM

*cuddles sarah* nighty night. x

MammaMia 26-10-2010 11:45 PM

*hides and cries*

nicole94 26-10-2010 11:48 PM

*findes helen and gives her gentle cuddles* whats up sweetie?

MammaMia 26-10-2010 11:58 PM

*clings to Nicole* I've ****ed up. I've tried to help all night and then made everything worse and think I've really upset them :'(

nicole94 27-10-2010 12:01 AM

*cuddles helen* shhh, right, whats happening, i'm sure you havent ****ed up sweetie, and you cant do any more than try. what happend? *holds you*

MammaMia 27-10-2010 12:09 AM

*hugs Nicole*

MammaMia 27-10-2010 12:20 AM

Also, I just realised, she thought all I cared about was the damm ****ing video call. So ****ing untrue. I'm texting her (in a nice way) to correct her and stuff. Ugh. Such a **** up.