RYL Forums

RYL Forums (https://www.recoveryourlife.com/forum/index.php)
-   Creativity and Reviews (https://www.recoveryourlife.com/forum/forumdisplay.php?f=23)
-   -   What book are you reading or just read? (https://www.recoveryourlife.com/forum/showthread.php?t=1850)

Spoons 16-12-2008 04:48 PM

Quote:

Originally Posted by Dreaming. (Post 1282902)
I'm reading 'Under a Blood Red Sky'. It's boring, and not particularly well-written, but I've nothing else to read as yet.

Oh, and 'Globalisation' by Anthony Giddens :P
But that's for uni.

how are you finding it? im not really a fan of giddens

Twisted Fate 16-12-2008 05:15 PM

I've been on a book binge for the past few days. Yesterday I read Black Beauty the day before that it was The Madolescents and now it's Fight Club.

TrixieFirecracker 16-12-2008 11:14 PM

Poppy Shakespeare by Clare Allen

Piper 17-12-2008 12:04 AM

I just finished 'Before I Die' by someone who's name I have forgotten! the cover said 'will make you happy to be alive' .... it didn't!
not saying it wasn't good, I loved it, especially the way the ending chapters were written/set out but it kinda made me feel guilty!

crazykat 17-12-2008 12:10 AM

^Was it by Jenny Downham, as thats the same title of a book I am reading at the moment

The War Doctor 17-12-2008 12:19 AM

Last read: "Notes From Underground" by Fyodor Dostoevsky
Currently reading: "It" by Stephen King
Next on the list: "Torture Garden" by Octave Mirbeau

one_step_closer 17-12-2008 03:16 PM

^^ How are you finding "it"? I didn't manage to read it all because I felt like it was going on pointlessly for so long.

Piper 18-12-2008 05:54 PM

YES it was Jenny Downham, what do you think so far?

Stellata 18-12-2008 06:07 PM

Mummy's Little Girl by Jane Elliott

Is fiction, but reads like a survivor biography. Excellent book.

Alithia Storm 19-12-2008 08:05 PM

I've just finished 'Interview with the Vampire' by Anne Rice. I have to read it for Gothic class, and I was looking forward to reading it all year (shush, I'm a dork). I finished it last night, literally could not put it down, and I definatley reccomend it!
Next up is 'Alice Through the Looking Glass', yet another book I have to read for class but again, one I'm quite looking forward to.
Class reading aside, my boyfriend just bought me 'The Boy with the Striped Pajamas' and 'Northern Lights' by Phillip Pullman. Has anyone read these, and if so, what did you think?

Alithia Storm 19-12-2008 08:06 PM

Quote:

Originally Posted by one_step_closer (Post 1291664)
^^ How are you finding "it"? I didn't manage to read it all because I felt like it was going on pointlessly for so long.

I absolutely love Stephen King, but in my opinion, 'It' isn't one of his best. It's genius, or at least I think it is, but it doesn't half go on. :tongue2:

crazykat 20-12-2008 01:37 PM

Quote:

Originally Posted by Piper (Post 1294054)
YES it was Jenny Downham, what do you think so far?

I have now finished it, I found it alright but not fantastic.

Target Dawn 20-12-2008 01:52 PM

"Steel Ghosts" by Michael Paine.

I'm only quater way through it but so far it's really good.
Basically it's about a man who lived in a town as a child where many people died. He came back there as an adult for business only to find it was practically deserted. However, not all is as it seems as the town is haunted only he doesn't know it, or doesn't want to admit it. No one will give him a straight answer about why this town is so strange...

Anyway, I'll stop giving it all away!

HopeRises 20-12-2008 02:15 PM

I'm reading 'Nation' by Terry Prachett.
Next on my list is 'The grapes of wrath' by John Steinbeck.

crazykat 20-12-2008 08:59 PM

I've just started reading Belonging by Sameem Ali

lower than myself 20-12-2008 09:11 PM

I've just finished (I say just finished, I mean, I finished a few months back) P.S I Love You.

I'm hoping to read either:

Interview with a vampire (I'm determind to finish it)
Sunshine (again)
Spectator in hell
Amityville Horror: The True Story

lower than myself 20-12-2008 09:14 PM

Quote:

Originally Posted by Alithia Storm (Post 1296575)
I've just finished 'Interview with the Vampire' by Anne Rice. I have to read it for Gothic class, and I was looking forward to reading it all year (shush, I'm a dork). I finished it last night, literally could not put it down, and I definatley reccomend it!

I'm trying to read that at the minute, I just can't seem to get into the mood to want to read it though.

Anouska 20-12-2008 09:24 PM

i am reading insomina ( i can't spell lol) by stephen king and then i am going to read tommy knockers by stephen king. Also i am reading Cehila ahern and Tory Haden ... no wonder it takes me ages to finish a book .. read to many at one time lol x

SuicidalDreams 21-12-2008 03:06 PM

twilight =] rather good just now, i cannot wait till i go see the movie

Stellata 21-12-2008 04:23 PM

All in the mind, by Alistair Campbell.