RYL Forums

RYL Forums (https://www.recoveryourlife.com/forum/index.php)
-   Creativity and Reviews (https://www.recoveryourlife.com/forum/forumdisplay.php?f=23)
-   -   What book are you reading or just read? (https://www.recoveryourlife.com/forum/showthread.php?t=1850)

Aphelion 07-09-2007 02:04 PM

I've finished The Secret of Crickley Hall by James Herbert a few weeks ago. It's a ghost story but I loved it.
Now I'm onto The Periodic Table by Primo Levi which was highly recommended by this Uni student I met.
I wanna read The God Delusion as well but I can never get around to it..hm.

beautiful&dying 07-09-2007 03:14 PM

Quote:

Originally Posted by Yume.No.Chikara (Post 255328)
^^ Yes then do....especially agatha christie ones!!
Am currently reading an interpretation of murder which is so far so good!!

Wow, another young Christie fan! I usually feel like an old lady reading her stuff! But really, no onne does books like her! I'd say I've read about a third of her books and none are carbon copies of each other...what an amazing creative brain. I could only dream of it!
xxxxxx

~ Mandy ~ 07-09-2007 04:02 PM

The Mephisto Club by Tess Gerritsen.

lower than myself 09-09-2007 12:19 AM

I've just finished reading The Sinner and Body Double by Tess Gerritsen. I'm now reading Girls' Night In - It's basically a book of short stories from a variety of different women writers, based on fun, sex and violence ... and the occasional alien.

lower than myself 09-09-2007 12:19 AM

Quote:

Originally Posted by ~ Mandy ~ (Post 261168)
The Mephisto Club by Tess Gerritsen.

OMGOSH! isn't that a brilliant book!

torn-inside 09-09-2007 12:23 AM

i have just read angles and deamons and now i am re - reding a book called ..! a child called it ...! awsome books ...!

Zedebee 09-09-2007 12:26 AM

Finished 'Betrayed' yesterday. It's truly a great read. Amazing.

Disarm 09-09-2007 01:20 PM

I'm re-reading Goodnight Mister Tom. Truely one of my favourite books ever.

craola 09-09-2007 01:51 PM

Point Of Origin by Patricia Cornwall

nowhereman 10-09-2007 03:05 PM

Catherine A tragic Life by Maureen Dunbar.

beautiful&dying 12-09-2007 02:04 PM

I'm just starting I'm not Scared by Niccolo Ammaniti, it's good so far. Apparently it's been made into a film too, has anyone seen it?
xxxxx

Yume.No.Chikara 12-09-2007 02:34 PM

Just finished an interpretation of murder by Jed Rubenfield which i would really really reccoment!
Now just got a few pages left of The Reaper Man by Terry Pratchet - pure genious...i love it!
and then it will be on to Poor Story...can't remember who thats by but its about Africa...what i've read so far is good!

Behind the Smile 16-09-2007 04:08 PM

not that anyone cares but...
45 days until the 7th Alex Rider book comes out, Snakehead
I might re-read the rest of the series just for the sake of it.
eee! :)

Disarm 16-09-2007 06:10 PM

Twilight by Stephenie Meyer. 'Tis good so far. XD

Spoons 17-09-2007 09:01 PM

just read- Fight Club- Chuck Palahniuk

now reading- Kafka on the shore- Haruki Murakami

beautiful&dying 19-09-2007 03:48 PM

Attack of the Unsinkable Rubber Ducks by Chris Brookmyre. It debunks people who believe they can talk to the dead. I'm hooked! More yeys for crime fiction!
xxxxx

Jayne. 19-09-2007 06:26 PM

I've just read Alicia: My Story.
It was written amazingly and although the story was real, it was
so exciting and heartbreaking that you'd have thought it were
fiction.

Now Im reading I Have Lived A Thousand Years. Good so far.

xxx

Disarm 20-09-2007 08:20 AM

Sylvia Plath - The Bell Jar

Devil Girl 20-09-2007 10:43 PM

I loved The Bell Jar I used it for my personal study for higher English when I was in 5th year!

I finished Thin By Grace Bowman, I enjoyed it but felt it wasn't as gritty as other eatting disorder books, but I liked the style of her writing, was very fresh and crisp.

Now I am reading Teach Yourself Applied Psychology I can't remember whom it is by right now! Just reading it for a bit of fun, but I am just about to start uni to do psychology, so it might be of some help with my course....though I doubt it! Nice to have a bit of back ground knowledge though!

Still have Eldest sitting there but doubt I will get it read....not until I go into a wee phase where I really want to read a fantasy book!!!

Yume.No.Chikara 21-09-2007 04:28 PM

Just fisinshed But inside i'm screeming by...can't remember possibly someone loch! I enjoyed it I have no idea how accurate it is but I liked Isobel - possible because a lot of the stuff she said is what i think but in a way that makes sence!