RYL Forums

RYL Forums (https://www.recoveryourlife.com/forum/index.php)
-   Veterans Board (https://www.recoveryourlife.com/forum/forumdisplay.php?f=34)
-   -   Virtual Psych ward! (https://www.recoveryourlife.com/forum/showthread.php?t=1312)

nicole94 17-12-2010 01:57 PM

*hugs everyone and then hides*

Doikers 17-12-2010 02:28 PM

*Hugs Nicole and roots her out of her hidey hole* How are you hun?

SO I went to my one to one meeting , walked all the way across town and it was shut. Hmpff. I had already gone to the bank but.......it was shut so I bought some trousers (I needed new Trousers) and Milk and Bananas in Morrisons , Trudged home, and have to leave to meet Hannah L My friend in 15 minutes.

nicole94 17-12-2010 02:31 PM

*hugs mark* I'm very triggerd but haven't got any bandages so trying not to cut :(

Doikers 17-12-2010 02:37 PM

Oh *Huge Hugs Nicole* I'm sorry you are so triggered , can you distract yourself with music or T.V. or a walk in the snow with your headphones in?

nicole94 17-12-2010 02:47 PM

*lols at mark* snow? It's sunny here! I am trying to distract myself on here and facebook, kinda worried if i go out i will do something silly, but then again, I need bandages, cause i wont last forever. :/

Doikers 17-12-2010 04:47 PM

Well I'm back from coffee with Hannah L , we chatted , we drank coffee she took me and showed me her new flat which is really nice , she made us tea , Ugh how do you tell someone you Love them without it coming out "Bly Bluv Blu" ,she makes me tongue tied , or risking being told she doesn't feel the same about me , I'm feeling pretty flat and don't think I could take rejection without taking it out on myself . I can tell her anything else , she knows all about my S.I. and depression (We met in a Psych Ward) she knows really intimate details about me , I mean I can tell her anything but not this *Sigh* Sorry to moan .

*Hugs Nicole* How are you feeling now?

MammaMia 17-12-2010 05:02 PM

JUST tell her Mark!! I know it's not easy but it's the only way you'll ever know. If you don't, you'll come to regret it & wonder what could have been. If she doesn't feel the same way then you'll deal with it *hugs*

Having an okay day, although a child threw their shoes at me this afternoon & it hit my cheek :( Just adds to my sore head, least the migraine is dying I suppose. Til the next time *rolls eyes*

Doikers 17-12-2010 05:09 PM

*Hugs Helen* Ouch! Your poor head:(

SparkleKitten 17-12-2010 05:42 PM

Hey guys. The cold is pretty bad for me today, can't move my joints much, but in true NHS physio style - here's a walking stick, there's nothing we can do. ¬_¬ *cuddles all*

Not heard from Rebecca in a few days. Must have calmed down a lot

Doikers 17-12-2010 05:49 PM

*Hugs Sarah* I'm sorry you're struggling with the cold weather hun :(

PoisonedApple 17-12-2010 05:52 PM

Quote:

-hugs back and accepts the plushie and smiles- thanks

My counseling appointment was today. I can tell my counselor wants me in a hospital, but I can't be in one. Can't afford it, no insurance. I don't get to see her again for like a month.

And my gma isn't mad. I wrote her a letter telling her my story and what I was diagnosed with and stuff...told her I struggle with cutting and have attempted taking my own life. I told her that because I wanted to let her know that I was glad I got to meet her. If I had waited one more day before I sent that letter, I wouldn't have sent it. She just worries about me and stuff.

No one is really mad at me, actually. There's a girl I see and hear that controls me. She is the reason I dissociate. She makes me do things I don't want to do, like cut and stuff. She has been trying to get me to commit suicide a lot lately. She gives me options, you see...she says I have to either cut myself or die. I do want to die, but I don't want to yet because of the holidays and stuff. I don't know, though, she's been growing stronger. I just...I don't know anymore...

-squeezes the plushie- whats going on with you? -looks up at you from the corner-
hmmm where to start... I didn't think your gma was ad I just wanted that portion of your post in the proper order in my head lol sometimes stuff comes out differently than I want it to or makes less sense outside my head :) seems this time two subjects got stuck together... I'm glad you were honest with your gma and can talk to her *hugs*
as for the other portion, I was figuring that the girl causing you to dissociate my have her own motivations or emotions in regards to causing you to si or dissociate in general. wondered if maybe communication might help some. Does that make more sense?

*hugs everyone* How is everybody this morning/evening?

PoisonedApple 17-12-2010 05:54 PM

*puts heating blanket on Sarah*

Doikers 17-12-2010 05:56 PM

*Hugs Crimson* I'm Feeling low , I don't know what to do about it , I want to be asleep *sigh* How are you in your timezone Crimson?

FlyingNy 17-12-2010 06:04 PM

*Hugs all*

Doikers 17-12-2010 06:06 PM

I think I'll take a bath. Just a quick one. I just think I'll get clean now or I'll not bath tonight . Um just on a side note does anyone know if UK banks are open on Saturdays? I don't know hmmm

Doikers 17-12-2010 06:07 PM

*Hugs Lia*

SparkleKitten 17-12-2010 06:09 PM

Some are, some aren't Mark, depends on who you're with.

*snuggles up in heating blanket*

*cuddles Mark and Crimson and Lia*

PoisonedApple 17-12-2010 06:42 PM

Quote:

*Hugs Crimson* I'm Feeling low , I don't know what to do about it , I want to be asleep *sigh* How are you in your timezone Crimson?
Wishing I was still in bed asleep... *makes tea for Mark*

SoMuchMore 17-12-2010 06:43 PM

*hugs everyone*

I had a major panic attack last night and wound up SI-ing... not badly... but still :-( I was doing so well, about 2 months with nothing and then... *sigh*
I woke up with a fever this morning too. So unless i feel better i won't even get to celebrate the end of finals...
and the hits just keep on coming.

sorry i'm all whiny and didn't do individuals... i'll catch up later tonight after my test is over.

Doikers 17-12-2010 06:45 PM

*Hugs Crimson* Thanks for the tea :)

Doikers 17-12-2010 06:51 PM

*Hugs Laura* I'm sorry you had a panic attack , Could you think of your S.I. as a blip in an otherwise S.I. free 2 months? 2 Months is really great :) I hope your fever go's away soon Laura Hun . GOOD LUCK with your test

SparkleKitten 17-12-2010 06:51 PM

*cuddles Laura* I hope you're okay hun, stay safe and I hope the test goes well

*cuddles Mark* I also hope you're okay. I'm here for you if you need me

*snuggles Crimson* I wish I was still in bed, been the same all day, now its like 6pm >:(

PoisonedApple 17-12-2010 06:58 PM

hugs Laura* Mark's right, hun, it's just a slip up. We all have them. You made it 2 months! *throws confetti* Hope your fever goes away and you do well on your test.

*hugs Mark*

*hugs Sarah* Now there's an idea... lets nap in our ward beds!

Doikers 17-12-2010 06:59 PM

*Hugs Sarah* Thanks Hun , I'm going to eat now but I'll be back on in a few minutes .

Doikers 17-12-2010 07:12 PM

*Spots and Hugs JK*How are you this morning? Thanks for your PM :)

jonikd 17-12-2010 07:15 PM

*waves back to Kitty*
Mark - I PMed you about the book, Steven Levenkron wrote it, and was recommended by my therapist for my friend to read. I haven't read it and also struggle to finish books, I have 4 by my bed lol.

Laura, 2 months is amazing, and you've just done it which means you can do it again. Well done babe, I'm very proud [and a little jealous!]

Hope Owen got to sleep and that we see Julie here again in the next day or so too :)

All your talk of snow, its raining heavily wih thunder and 26 degrees celcius here today, 90% humidity, gross!

Our Christmas Day is normally held in the sun, around a pool having a barbeque. Quite different on this side of the world that's for sure.

Hugs for you all, try have a good day or sleep wherever you are
JK
x

jonikd 17-12-2010 07:16 PM

Hey Mark, I'm OK today, my friend is coming up from Christchurch [about 1hr20 flight away] for a few days so I'm off to pick her up soon. She keeps me out of trouble :)

How bout you?

Doikers 17-12-2010 07:20 PM

I'm flatter than I care to be , emotionally , mentally , just low and I can't figure out how to make it go away:S

SparkleKitten 17-12-2010 07:23 PM

I want to have a sunny warm Christmas. I swear I need to migrate around the globe to stay in summer conditions.

Anyway, Hi JK (I don't believe we've met) I'm Sarah :)

My sister just got home, and brought a freind over unannounced, she'd been in town till 6pm, even though its the last Friday out before Christmas and thus Mad Friday... Its so dangerous out and she's 14, but mum was okay with it. Now mums ripping into me because I'd rather believe acedemic researchers than the TV and media about climate change and the student fees... I hate it here.

Doikers 17-12-2010 07:28 PM

*Hugs Sarah* I'm sorry you are having a torrid time where you are:( *Cuddles*

SparkleKitten 17-12-2010 07:35 PM

*cuddles* thanks. Worst thing is I've developed some strange intolerance to Fajita spice mix that mum likes to use, and tonight we had Fajitas. Stomach cramps and heartburn is my night >:(

Doikers 17-12-2010 07:37 PM

Oh perhaps you are allergic to an ingredient in it Sarah , Have you got any indigestion meds , that might help with your heartburn? *Huggles*

misskitty112 17-12-2010 07:41 PM

WAARRDDD!
I am super excited. So, I got a B on my Brit Lit paper (the one I wrote last week), so as long as I did well on my final then I'll have passed Brit Lit 1 with the requirements for my degree! Whooo! So... then I just have to pass Brit Lit 2 and 3, and American Lit 1 and 2.

And I have another final to take. See ya'll in a bit.

*leaves hugs and smiley face stickers for everyone in the ward*

Doikers 17-12-2010 07:43 PM

*Huggles Felicia* Way to go you !!! :-)

PoisonedApple 17-12-2010 07:44 PM

Yay Felecia *throws confetti* (it's a confetti kind of day)

SparkleKitten 17-12-2010 07:53 PM

Well done Felicia *snaffles smily face stickers* thats fantastic!

Already taken heartburn meds Mark. Its possible I could have an allergy to one, its spicy food getting me at the minute, making me pretty ill, so I've been steering clear of anything fancier than plain rice and stuff, but mum hasn't helped.

In other news, my lecturer friend has rescued a hedgehog who wasn't in hibernation and was pretty underweight 4 days ago. He's pretty poorly now, keeps falling over, but he's still eating so we're all hoping he pulls through, poor little mite

Doikers 17-12-2010 08:01 PM

Oh Sarah ,I hope you feel better soon .When I was a kid, 12 or so me and my friend saw some smaller kids kicking a ball around and we went to find out what it was and it was a hedgehog!! we took it to my house and it went to the vets . I like hedgehogs , sometimes I wish I could curl up in a spikey ball like them.

Right now I feel pointless , hopeless , there is no point to being me ,

SparkleKitten 17-12-2010 08:13 PM

Poor mark *cuddles* you're a wonderful person! I need you here, you're amazing.

I've rescued a few myself before. I like them and I wish I was one so much, I could be all spiky and no-one could get me.

Nice cup of tea and a few pieces of mild cheese with pepper in it. Pepper I can eat, its just every other spice I'm unsure of :p

I spend my evenings like an old person

one_step_closer 17-12-2010 08:15 PM

Well done, Felicia!

Mark, i'm sorry you're feeling like that. We all like you loads. I hope you feel better soon.

SparkleKitten 17-12-2010 08:18 PM

Hey Lindsay, how you doing?

Doikers 17-12-2010 08:21 PM

*Hugs Lindsay*Thankyou :) How are you today?

*Hugs Sarah*Thanks to you too:)

You guys are all amazing,

SparkleKitten 17-12-2010 08:28 PM

:) I'm thinking about painting more. I mean I don't overly like my art but its fun... Might be a nice distraction at least

Doikers 17-12-2010 08:33 PM

That sounds cool Sarah , What sort of painting do you do?

SparkleKitten 17-12-2010 08:38 PM

Mostly modern art in acrylic. Not very adventurous, and I have a knack at drawing cartoons, but thats just a computer/doodle thing. When I'm painting its usually modern art with nice patterns and things on a canvas or board

Doikers 17-12-2010 08:46 PM

Cool Sarah :) Do you have any pics?

SparkleKitten 17-12-2010 08:49 PM

http://www.facebook.com/album.php?ai...1&l=494d5b9116 covers a fair bit of it. Some recent things aren't in yet but I'm not sure I want to share those. And some old things are missing as my school art teacher kept them lol

Doikers 17-12-2010 08:59 PM

Wow Sarah You are super talented , They are great , I really like the Lily :)

PoisonedApple 17-12-2010 09:06 PM

*lays down* I just don't ave the energy for this today... Moving boxes full of files just seems too hard...

~~I like the penguin Sarah :)

Quote:

Mark, i'm sorry you're feeling like that. We all like you loads. I hope you feel better soon.
^this

Lindsay, how are you?

*hugs all around then resumes laying on the floor*

Doikers 17-12-2010 09:08 PM

*Hugs Crimson* *Hands Crimson a comfy pillow to rest her head on*

Doikers 17-12-2010 09:18 PM

In my Mind , In that half awake / half asleep stage in the morning I hear noise and I am sure that I still live with my Parents and that the noise is them in the kitchen , almost every morning this happens and I have lived here almost 14 months , then I open my eyes and *Plop* straight back to reality.