RYL Forums

RYL Forums (https://www.recoveryourlife.com/forum/index.php)
-   General Chat (https://www.recoveryourlife.com/forum/forumdisplay.php?f=21)
-   -   The 'I need a distraction' thread. (https://www.recoveryourlife.com/forum/showthread.php?t=243064)

Aubergine 14-01-2018 02:30 AM

Cool. That's the good thing about blueray. There are extras! I love Netflix and Amazon Video, but there are not extras or outtakes or directors commentaries or anything.

nonperson 14-01-2018 02:31 AM

I don't often watch all the extras. They're always long winded and about the making of it. I just want deleted scenes really.

Aubergine 14-01-2018 02:33 AM

Oh I see. Have you ever seen Black Books? It's a comedy with Bill Bailey and Dylan Moran. The extras on that DVD are hilarious.

nonperson 14-01-2018 02:39 AM

Haven't seen it but heard of it. I like Bill Bailey.

Aubergine 14-01-2018 02:43 AM

I like Bill Bailey too. If you can find Black Books, then I really recommend it. I've seen every episode multiple times and they still make me laugh.

crybaby101 14-01-2018 02:52 AM

Hi everyone. Currently new to this forum

Aubergine 14-01-2018 02:59 AM

Welcome to the forum. :)

nonperson 14-01-2018 03:20 AM

I'm logging off now.

Night all.

Buttons. 14-01-2018 04:21 AM

Welcome to the forum cb.

hope you sleep well np

I'm trying to sleep.

Cacoethes 14-01-2018 12:04 PM

Hey guys

Aubergine 14-01-2018 12:24 PM

Hey Beckie. How's it going?

Cacoethes 14-01-2018 12:31 PM

Just tired

How are you?

Aubergine 14-01-2018 01:08 PM

*hug*

I'm tired too. No sleep until gone 2am and then awake at 6:30am. Stupid meds, I think. Never mind. It's only temporary.

Going to see my Nan today, which I'm really happy about. She's great. :)

chinahorse 14-01-2018 01:11 PM

Morning!! (It's still morning in my world). I should get washed and vaguely dressed though lol.

Ah thay sounds like a great way to spend your afternoon aubergine :) will she make you food too? My grans only mission in life it seems is to feed me.

Sorry you both slept so poorly.

Aubergine 14-01-2018 01:20 PM

Morning Lillie. :) I'm still in bed, so it's still morning in my world too! I love my bed. :) Washed and dressed is a plan. I should also do that...

She won't make food, but there will be lots of cake and biscuits and chocolate left over from Christmas, I expect! "Do you want another piece of cake?" "No thanks Nan, I'm full." "Oh go on, have another bit." Haha!

What are your plans for the day?

Cacoethes 14-01-2018 02:16 PM

Hope you have a good time at your nans Aubergine!

Mine is the same Lillie!
You could just have finished a big meal and 15 mins later she'll be offering you more food!

Aubergine 14-01-2018 02:32 PM

Thanks. :)

My other Nan used to be like that. Feeding me lots of lovely things! It did get a bit much sometimes though when you really had to insist that one mince pie or something was plenty. :P

Cacoethes 14-01-2018 03:01 PM

Nan's are great!
I love going to stay with my nan but it's not good for slimming world!

chinahorse 14-01-2018 03:28 PM

Haha nan and grans are the best :D

I've deep cleaned my whole house. Just had some toast and now Gunna hang up the laundry and do some organising and get some photos saved to my phone for my frame as they're very out of date rn.

Then I'm Gunna stick a film on and just saviour my last day off!

Cacoethes 14-01-2018 03:49 PM

Sounds very productive Lillie!

What film are you planning to watch?
I've just put on Pocahontas

chinahorse 14-01-2018 03:53 PM

Has to be, it'll turn into a pigsty over the next week I suspect lol. Forgot I also have to put duvet covers on :/

Oh that is an amazing choice beckie!! I can't decide between mulan, moana and la la land.

Cacoethes 14-01-2018 03:59 PM

Its amazing how messy houses can get so quickly!

I haven't seen La la land.
Mulan and Moana are both awesome films!

Cacoethes 14-01-2018 04:02 PM

1 Attachment(s)
Just noticed that the chief has raccoon tails haging off his clothes.
Kinda f*cked up considering one of Pocahontas's best mates is a raccoon.

Attachment 23413

chinahorse 14-01-2018 04:10 PM

Woah yeah now you mention that beckie o_O

Cpt_Stunning 14-01-2018 04:22 PM

Just booked a week in France for July, should be good.

Cacoethes 14-01-2018 04:24 PM

I havent watched Pocahontas in ages and I'm suddenly noticing all these random things!

Sounds good Cpt. Whereabouts in France?

Cpt_Stunning 14-01-2018 04:26 PM

A small town called Roscoff, I'm taking the ferry there.

Cpt_Stunning 14-01-2018 04:27 PM

I've seen both Pochahontas movies, they're OK

Aubergine 14-01-2018 04:29 PM

I am back from my Nan's. There was lots of sweet things... Chocolates and Jaffa cakes and other bits and bobs. She laid it all out on the coffee table for me and my sister! There goes the healthyish start to January. :P

My Nan cried when she opened the present I got her (it was her birthday on Thursday). She is a silly sausage.

When I was at brownies, there was a local day-time carnival parade, and our pack entered as Pocahontis. I was dressed up as Meeko. It was actually an old donkey costume that had been altered, with a new mask! We won first prize out of the whole parade! :D

Cacoethes 14-01-2018 04:31 PM

Sounds good cpt.

That sounds cool aubergine!
I used to be a Brownie too :p

Aubergine 14-01-2018 04:47 PM

Oh Beckie. There you go being me again! :P

I also went to guides, but got bullied, so left. It wasn't as fun as brownies anyway. :P

Cacoethes 14-01-2018 04:58 PM

Haha!

I never got to guides because i moved.
Brownies was fun though!
Did you ever go on any of the camps?

Aubergine 14-01-2018 05:04 PM

No I didn't! Did you? We had sleep overs in the hall that we met in, but I didn't go to any camps with other packs. My Dad still keeps my sash with all of my badges on in his bedside drawer. :)

Cacoethes 14-01-2018 05:18 PM

I went to a few camps.
They were fun!

Aww thats sweet!
Did you have a lot of badges?

Aubergine 14-01-2018 05:33 PM

What did you do on camps?

I went on one guide camp, but was pushed right to the end of the tent where the rain and mud had come under the sides, so it wasn't that fun. The guides were meanies! :P

I had quite a few badges, yeah. Ended up doing these traffic light badge things because I'd completed a lot of what we needed to do that Brown Owl was running. I really loved Brownies. I have very fond memories. :)

Cacoethes 14-01-2018 05:42 PM

Typical camp stuff.
Singing round a campfire, one camp had a pool, long walks in woods and scavenger hunts and stuff.
It was pretty fun!

Guides doesn't sound great!

Thats cool.
I had like 2 badges. I sucked at Brownies :p

Aubergine 14-01-2018 05:49 PM

Oh that does sound fun! Sounds like the kind of stuff we did on year 6 school camp. It was so fun!

Nope, guides sucked. I remember doing the remembrance day parade at the church the guides I went to was attached to. I was the only one who turned up! It did mean that I got to carry the flag though, even though I was really new. :P

Haha! I'm sure you didn't suck. I guess it depends on how much your Brown Owl does badge stuff!

Cacoethes 14-01-2018 05:53 PM

I've also been to Space Camp in Alabama..
That wasn't a Brownie thing but it was a cool camp!

Oh dear! Why did no one else turn up?!

I suppose we didn't do much badge stuff

Aubergine 14-01-2018 05:58 PM

Oh wow. That sounds brilliant! How long were you there for? What kinds of things did you do?

I go on a Christian camp most years. It wouldn't really interest non-christians, but I love it. It's also the time that I get my once a year catch up with my friends that live up in Halifax. They're amazing people and I always camp with them and I don't laugh as much anywhere else. :)

I don't know why no one else turned up! They weren't very guide-like guides, really. Maybe they hadn't gone to brownies?! It was a different area that I went to guides in because my Dad had moved to a different part of town, so no one from my Brownies was there.

Cacoethes 14-01-2018 06:02 PM

It was for a week.
We got to go on space craft simulators and go on space missions. And they were the simulators were ones that real astronauts use! And got to eat space food and learned a lot if stuff.
Me and my brother were the only British kids there so they were all prettt fascinated with us and kept getting us to say things :p

That sounds cool!
What sort of things do you do there?

How rubbish!

Aubergine 14-01-2018 06:14 PM

That sounds so amazing! Space food?! Like the stuff in little pouches? Haha, sounds like you really interested the other kids!

Well there is a main meeting twice a day (morning and evening) that includes sung worship, a talk and prayer ministry time. There are seminars three times a day between main meetings on lots of different topics - you choose what you want to go to, if anything. I don't usually go to many because it's exhausting and also I just want to spend time chatting and playing games with some of the people I love. There are also fun activities like massive hog roasts and BBQs, there has been zorb football, sumo wrestling, films on a massive outdoor screen, running races etc. :)

Cacoethes 14-01-2018 06:27 PM

It was awesome.
I wish i could go back!
Yeah the other kids were sooo interested.
Like asking us if we drink tea all the time and had specific times for tea. And if we had coca cola and starburst in England?

Wow that sounds really fun!!
Well, not so much the churchy stuff because I'm not religious but the other stuff sounds awesoem.
And even more so if you have friends there

Aubergine 14-01-2018 06:39 PM

Haha, the tea thing is really funny! I expect they had seen rather well to do English people on the TV! With special times for tea! Tea is for ANY time. :D

Yeah, I love it. They also have this amazing crepe van every year. <3

Cacoethes 14-01-2018 06:41 PM

I can guess how we must be portrayed on American TV!

Ooo crepes!
I do love a hog roast as well.

Aubergine 14-01-2018 06:51 PM

Yup. Most of use don't live like the Queen. :P

Hog roasts are great! It was so much fun. Very chaotic. I really, really don't like crowds, so we usually grab the food and retreat back to our tents. Lots of other people do that too, so it's OK. Then we can have drinks and comfy camp chairs and things. Yeah, the crepes are great. I like nutella and banana ones!

Cacoethes 14-01-2018 06:56 PM

Sadly not. Would be nice to have her money!

Grab the food and retreat is what I would do too!
Nutella and banana is an awesome combo!

Aubergine 14-01-2018 07:06 PM

It really would! Though I wouldn't want to be on TV/in the papers/the subject of books!

I love Nutella. I would like some now, but the house is baron of chocolate. :'(

Cacoethes 14-01-2018 07:16 PM

Yeah that side of things doesn't sound fun!

Nutella is life.
I can't buy it though because I will literally sit there and eat the entire jar!!

Aubergine 14-01-2018 07:17 PM

Haha I'm exactly the same with Nutella! Who wants to spread it on something when you can eat it off a spoon?!

Cacoethes 14-01-2018 07:28 PM

Exactly!!