RYL Forums

RYL Forums (https://www.recoveryourlife.com/forum/index.php)
-   Veterans Board (https://www.recoveryourlife.com/forum/forumdisplay.php?f=34)
-   -   Virtual Psych ward! (https://www.recoveryourlife.com/forum/showthread.php?t=1312)

Snuffles 24-12-2008 01:51 PM

just thought id pop in and wish everyone a merry christmas.. 10 more minutes here and then its xmas! Haha.. hope your all doing well.. miss coming in here :(
*cuddles* Take care xx

zowie 24-12-2008 02:41 PM

Merry Christmas to those in Australia!

I am meeting an old childhood friend at the pub in an hour. I'm a little nervous as I haven't sen him in years, but also excited!

Bad news: Today is exactly one year since I started hearing voices. Feels weird that they've been with me for so long.
x

Jetforce 24-12-2008 02:52 PM

Merry xmas all :-)

it's 1am here on xmas day hehe...tc all

MammaMia 24-12-2008 04:09 PM

*cuddles everyone*

I've done loads today and still got some stuff to do woop woop :D Hope everyone's doing okay!!!

Bet the Aussies etc are having fun, though I guess they're not meant to be awake yet ;)

Mary Anne 24-12-2008 07:32 PM

Merry Christmas to those on the cozy side of the world (it actaully isn't too cold here today, about 7 degress c. still got the heating and a duvet on the couch tho).

Ravyn - my cat is called Fraggle, just like me she has her problems, comes with being second-hand in her case (I have had her 4 1/2 years so about half her life now, she is incredibly special to me)

I am avoiding all things festive with a DVD (TV only had Christmas films on)

He-devil was round to collect something, said I had put on weight, that was nice of him, not, he knows how sensitive I am about it.

*hugs for everyone*

Mary Anne 24-12-2008 10:15 PM

Time for me to sign off for the night, tomorrow is just Thursday with presents for me (presents are always good).

Hope everyone enjoys tomorrow as much as they can.

x

MammaMia 24-12-2008 10:23 PM

Enjoy tomorrow hunni pie. xx

Damnation. 24-12-2008 11:04 PM

*Sneaks in*

I've already forgotten most of what I was gonna say to people ._.;;.

Ravyn: Started off okay, slumped down a bit again though now x_o.

I'll respond better when my mind starts working again *hugs all*

MammaMia 25-12-2008 02:10 AM

Before I head to bed....I just wanted to share this text with you, it's made me pure cry already :P

"You're very much in my thoughts Helen. Christmas is such a hard time for so many of us. Do hope you find some of the peace of Christmas. Emma x" (shes my notetaker at uni)

Damnation. 25-12-2008 02:12 AM

Oh, that's really nice of her!

Pomegranate 25-12-2008 03:52 AM

*hugs all and wishes merry christmas/thursday*

I know it is supposed to be Christmas and everyone is supposed to be happy and I'm sorry. I just feel so crap, can I have hugs or encouragement or something please? :(

Christmas with my Dad, step mum and 7 year old sister. My Dad drunkenly just told me a load of crap my mum wrote to the family when I moved out (violent, complete slut, aggressive, carried a weapon, drugs etc etc), This was nearly five years ago and I never knew the extent of her lies. Why tell me now? Worse thing is apparently my step mum isn't so sure she is lying. She is, I promise she is lying. I'm bad but I am NOT those things :crying: My mum and I speak now and I was supposed to be seeing her boxing day but she told me today she wants to have a family day with just my sister (whose 17).

I just feel crap and I don't know how to get through this. I have been doing really badly recently anyway and I came home and TRIED to be positive and within an hour my Dad has killed it. Its not the specific details of it that upset me, it's just made my mood crash to the ground :crying: :crying:

I'm sorry to write all this crap when you are all trying to enjoy christmas. I just literally don't know where else to turn :(

Damnation. 25-12-2008 03:55 AM

Oh Emma...! *Hugs muchly*

I'm sorry all that's happened, but really, those who know you should realise that you're not the person whom your mum made you out to be, and therefore would know better than to take her lies seriously

zowie 25-12-2008 12:51 PM

Happy Christmas everyone!
My sister bought me a fab pair of trousers. I love them. Depressed me a bit because they are XL and fit perfectly :( My sis says they are really small for XL but it's still a bit of a bummer.
xx

mouse in darkness 25-12-2008 01:55 PM

"Hugs" Pomegranate. I am sure you are right and those who know you best won't see that in you. I understand where you are coming from with your family it is ok. You can get through it.

Zowie I know what that is like my mum and sister brought me cloths for christmas that were realy large I felt so small I just wanted to cry.

Thanks Ravyn hope you have had a wonderful day.

I am very exhausted after acting all day. The good thing is that I didn't stuff up and get majorly shamed out. My mum noticed the SI but said nothing thankfully, she will just make a scene on monday when I see her next ...yikes...

Hope all are well and "Hugs to those who want them and merry christmas. Hands out gingerbread biscuits in the shape of reindeer"

Mary Anne 25-12-2008 08:32 PM

I am safely back home after a few hours with my parents, I am very lucky as there were fantastic, made no fuss, just a few pressies (and great they are too, a lovely new coat and some molten brown smellies) then dinner in front of the TV (they have just re-decorated the dining room so we had a good excuse not to use it, still smells of paint, we ate in there last year when he-devil came for lunch so i did not want to).

Not felt remotely festive all day, had most fun playing with Fraggle with her "wacky weasel"!!

*hugs everyone very tight*

Pomegranate 25-12-2008 10:16 PM

*hugs people*

Zowie- Don't worry about sizes etc, sizes vary hugely from store to store. In one you could be a 10 and in another a 14. Glad you liked them though.

mouse in darkness (nicole?)- Glad you managed to get through the day. Hopefully things won't be too bad when you see your mum on monday.

Mary Anne- sounds like you had quite a relaxing day. Your parents sound like that were very thoughtful today.

How is everyone else doing? Ravyn? Hells? Kahlia? Danya? Jem?

-----------------------------

Sort of floated through today not really with it. It could have been worse and my Dad had gone to a lot of effort. Have lots of new DVD's to keep myself distracted. Want to drink and cut but too tired. Going to try and be good and just watch tv etc.

Mary Anne 25-12-2008 10:36 PM

Think today went as well as was possible, not really happy but not been in tears all day so that is probably a bonus for me.

Fraggle is now exhausted from playing and is out for the count on the couch :)

Hope everyone is okay.

xx

Jetforce 25-12-2008 11:21 PM

I'm ok emma

*jumps and cuddles u*

Urself? u coping alrite there? xx

Damnation. 26-12-2008 01:08 AM

*Hugs all*

I'll admit, O'm a little drinkl so I haven;'t actually houroughly read through everyones;s posts, but I hope you'rt all doing okay! <333

ravynsoul 26-12-2008 02:51 AM

Hi All!!

Thanks for the Merry Christmas wishes, and I wish you all a Merry Christmas too... although I'm guessing it's already the 26th for most of you!

*hugs everyone*

Mary Anne - Fraggle is an awesome name for a cat :) It's so much fun watching animals play... I was enjoying watching my rats play today. Glad to hear that you had a somewhat ok day, hope things continue to go well.

Helen - I loved the text you got -- that is really nice to hear from your note-taker. Hope you did have a nice day and found some peace.

Dayna - how are you doing? How was your day? Hope things are going well.

Emma - *massive hugs* I am glad that you were able to turn to us for support; I don't believe those lies.. and as Dayna and Nicole said, those who know you should know not to listen to those lies. How are you enjoying your dvds?

Zowie - How are you doing? That's sweet that you got some pants you like!:) What do they look like?

Nicole - Thanks for the reindeer gingerbread mmm :) I am glad that your day went well, hopefully your mom will have forgotten about it by monday. Hope you can relax and rest up after your busyness.

Jem - haven't talked to you much yet, but i hope you had a nice christmas. How are things going for you?

Kahlia and Katie - hope things are alright for you! *hugs*

*hugs to anyone I've missed too!*

--

my christmas was really nice -- nothing too crazy or over the top and now my three little cousins are here for a couple of weeks while their parents are on holidays;

I was triggered though for most of it, but didn't give in yet.. the one thing about the holidays is all the alcohol around.. i haven't drank in 1.5 years... but i am so craving it.. i want to use it as an escape, but i'm trying hard not to give in.

Anyways, I should probably go back and be social again for a bit.

*hugs to everyone*