RYL Forums

RYL Forums (https://www.recoveryourlife.com/forum/index.php)
-   Veterans Board (https://www.recoveryourlife.com/forum/forumdisplay.php?f=34)
-   -   Virtual Psych ward! (https://www.recoveryourlife.com/forum/showthread.php?t=1312)

MammaMia 22-08-2008 05:23 PM

yum choc!

Shame it doesn't solve our problems hey?!!

1ofmany 22-08-2008 05:25 PM

Helps with unsolverble (failed sp) ones i find...but then I have a huge sweet tooth.

There are children running around downstairs and it scares me...they are too small and breakable.

MammaMia 22-08-2008 06:52 PM

I adore choc!!!!

Children eh? Having a party or something downstairs?

1ofmany 22-08-2008 07:14 PM

Haha yeh mine (was 20 yesterday) my sis and her kids are round!
Just finished eating chinese food and am feeling rather bloated now. Doesn't bode well with hyper kids.

MammaMia 22-08-2008 07:34 PM

Awwwwwwww bless ya

Happy (belated) Birthday :)

1ofmany 22-08-2008 07:54 PM

Thanks :D *Urk* just been bouncing the kids on a trapolean not the best idea! They've all gone now and I have a headach *sigh* arn't they darling *twitchy smile*

MammaMia 22-08-2008 09:08 PM

Headaches suck, trust me I know, I have way too many due my terrible sleeping habits and stress!!! Infact I have one now leftover from yesterday and having too much sleep.

*rocks self*

I just been offered to go out and I really want to, but I know I'd probs end up either crying, making an embrassment of myself or hurting myself =[ But I should have a laugh anyway and I want to go so much :(

blondiebear 22-08-2008 10:04 PM

I didn't make it to the supermarket. The ignition on my car didn't work properly, so when I did get my car started, I just came straight home. In a bit, I'll send an email to my husband at work to tell him about it. We have his mom's old pickup truck on perma-loan. Fortunately I still have some heavenly hash ice cream so I'm not completely without chocolate. I'm also pleasantly full of Mexican food. Yum.

I'm mildly triggered because of frustrating worries and concerns about a couple of relationships.

For another reason, I think about SIing the parts of me that were bothered by the perpetrator of my incest.

1ofmany 22-08-2008 10:41 PM

I am very confused by this Hash ice cream but am assuming it is a brand.
You dont have to hurt yourself over what a person did to you, you are a good lovly person!

Hells if you go and have a good time that would be great! If you stay at home it is most likly you will just get upset thinking you should have gone (well thats what i do...) do what you think would be best and mean you will be happier!

*collapses as has just come from gym after bouncing kids on a trampolean after eating too much chinese food*

blondiebear 23-08-2008 01:09 AM

Heavenly Hash is a flavor of ice cream. It is chocolate, with ribbons of marshmallow through it, then also chocolate chips and pieces of almond. I adore the stuff!

I just am thinking about SI; I don't believe that I will act on the thoughts. I did act on it back in January. Since then I've been wearing my crew-neck souvenir t-shirts that hide what i did and now sort of protect me from the vulnerabilities caused by the memories.

Helen, go.

Marc, has the chinese food settled yet? I have heartburn from the mexican food. crud.

aquatickitten 23-08-2008 01:31 AM

:is so frustrated and almost wants to cry:

there probably aren't many people here who remember me, since i'm not in vets often, but right now i need somewhere to be frustrated and this seems to work well.

nine months. nine months on tuesday. and in my head i know how stupid it would be to start again, by my heart is screaming about how sick it feels, trying to tell me that just once can't hurt, it's been 9 months, surely i can managae to do it just once and then stop again...which is obviously not true. :sighs: i'm trying, i really am. i went to college orientation last night, and it finally hit me that i'm taking 5 classes and working 30 hours a week. i have 2 jobs that i love, i am looking into becoming a successful adult...yet part of me is still fighting that. can't stand the idea of growing up, getting older and having everything be ok, is still screaming about how much i hurt...and it's stupid. i can not afford to fall apart anymore. it's time to grow up. cutting doesn't make the pain stop, and neither does starving myself. and I haven't been doing either, I've been good, but some days I just want to curl up and fester. today, this day, it's so hard. it's so hard to keep fighting when you don't want to fight anymore. i am so, so tired right now.

:sigh:

well, sorry for the random emotional outburst, everyone. somehow knowing someone will see this helps make it easier to keep fighting.

MammaMia 23-08-2008 01:40 AM

Sorry I took so long to reply you two, been talking to a famiy friend for the past two hours or so. So I didn't go out :(

Gwaaaaad I dunno what to do about anything anymore :crying:

blondiebear 23-08-2008 01:51 AM

This was written by one of the two founders of Alcoholics Anoymous. When I saw it, I immediately thought of those of us who Self Injure. I hope the references to God don't bother anyone.

"About this slip business--I would not be too discouraged. I think you are suffering a great deal for a needless guilt....God is not asking us to be successful. He is only asking us to try to be." 1958

You are fighting it. That is good enough. I don't understand why I SI either. Why after 3 years free of it I did slip. I'm still frequently triggered and have to remind myself of what my friends have said and what I will lose if I do SI.

I hope this helps?

~KemicalRain~ 23-08-2008 02:09 AM

*strolls in listening to jeff wayne and settles down with some indonesian food* sorry folks just hiding but if you need help i am here

aquatickitten 23-08-2008 02:42 AM

*hugs blondiebear* yes, that helps. that was just what i needed to hear :)

MammaMia 23-08-2008 03:11 AM

*leaves hugs and everything for all*

:)

I need help,oh well.

1ofmany 23-08-2008 12:29 PM

I am sitting here with chocolate cake, chocolate biscuits and some chocolate...better get started (no when it comes to food I dont learn!)

Auburn Shadow 23-08-2008 12:44 PM

*hugs eeryone*

1ofmany, that's a lot of chocolate!

I'm sorry I haven't been around much recently, but I've had stuff going on and I couldn't support so I just kinda stayed away... I'm pretty much back now though.

Haven't read through all the posts since I was here last, so how's everyone doing?

1ofmany 23-08-2008 01:56 PM

It was and I have just had to have a proper lunch to make sure I dont crash at work. I wish I had spent longer at the gum yesterday now!

Love to all

blondiebear 23-08-2008 04:55 PM

Chocolate? I really do need to get to the supermarket. Of course I need to clean this place out too. One of my girlfriends may be coming over for the day, so I'll probably end up sitting in the living room chatting with her. She makes baby blankets and baby hats for charity. I want to make a rug for my place, have the yarn to do it.

Fortunately she doesn't seem to mind how little housework I do. This place is a mess, bordering on a health hazard.