RYL Forums

RYL Forums (https://www.recoveryourlife.com/forum/index.php)
-   General Chat (https://www.recoveryourlife.com/forum/forumdisplay.php?f=21)
-   -   The 'I need a distraction' thread. (https://www.recoveryourlife.com/forum/showthread.php?t=243064)

Cacoethes 29-09-2022 11:57 AM

Oh I was sure i posted here this morning!
Clearly not!

tamobhuuta 29-09-2022 11:58 AM

Hi Cacoethes, how are you?

Cacoethes 29-09-2022 12:00 PM

I'm ok thanks.

You?

tamobhuuta 29-09-2022 12:03 PM

I'm ok. Just had a visit from my mum and sister which was good. Now I'm going to make my bed and tidy up the cubby hole with my clothes in. What are you up to?

Cacoethes 29-09-2022 12:23 PM

That's nice

I'm catching up with rings of power and doing some washing.
Been to the pharmacy and they won't have my meds until tomorrow. Which is fine really. I don't run out until Saturday. But I'm away from tomorrow afternoon-sunday

one_step_closer 29-09-2022 02:29 PM

Hey you two. How are your days going?

I'm glad you had a nice visit, Tamo. Visits are good and it sounds like you have a really supportive family.

Will you be able to get your meds in the morning, Beckie? You can't be going without.

Cacoethes 29-09-2022 02:32 PM

Hey lindsay.
I'm ok. Cpn coming at 3 so just waiting for that. And taekwando later.

Yeah they said to come in at about 11am tomorrow. Getting the 4:20pm train so I'll have loads of time.
I was going to leave in the morning but jasmine is now coming too, so she'll be coming here after school.

How are you?

one_step_closer 29-09-2022 02:44 PM

I hope it goes well with your CPN and you enjoy taekwando and everything works out with your meds. Are you going on a short trip?

I'm sort of ok. Got the branches that I took off the bush before cut and put into the garden bin now that it has been emptied so I'm glad that's done.

Cacoethes 29-09-2022 02:58 PM

Thank you
Cpn has just called and rearranged to tomorrow. Apparently my body has decided this is a good reason to cry. I don't know why, it's literally just 23 hours later.
I think i just can't cope with change right now. Unusual for me.
I'm going to my nanny's. Just tomorrow until Sunday. Back at work on Monday.

Well done!

one_step_closer 29-09-2022 04:33 PM

It's ok to cry, I would cry about that too. I hope you can get back to your usual self.

Are you looking forward to going to your nanny's? How are you feeling about going back to work?

tamobhuuta 29-09-2022 04:35 PM

I hope you have a nice time with your nanny :)

I'm listening to Harry Potter and the Goblet of Fire.

one_step_closer 29-09-2022 04:38 PM

I got a free Audible trial and listened to some of the Harry Potter books but discovered I really don't like listening to books I prefer to read them. Do you enjoy them?

Cacoethes 29-09-2022 04:41 PM

Thanks lindsay
It's not something i would usually be upset about but meh

I am looking forward to going to my nanny's. I haven't seen her in ages

I want to go back to work. 3 weeks off is far too long!

Thanks tamo!
Hope you're enjoying GoF!

one_step_closer 29-09-2022 04:50 PM

You've been struggling with different things for a while, hopefully you can get on top of them and feel better. Will you tell your CPN?

Enjoy your visit to your Nanny and then being back at work. Does it feel like you've been off for ages or has it passed quickly?

Cacoethes 29-09-2022 05:01 PM

I'm not hopeful. Things have sucked for too long for no reason.
But yes i will tell her.

Thanks.
It feels like I've been off forever!
I don't like not having things to do and not seeing people.
Not sure how i used to stay in the house watching tv for days on end! I guess i was used to it.

tamobhuuta 29-09-2022 07:05 PM

I find audiobooks are a good way to past the time without the effort of reading.

Cacoethes 29-09-2022 07:10 PM

I wouldn't be able to concentrate on one i don't think!
I can never focus on one thing for long enough. Have to be doing multiple things!
Apart from physical things like taekwando. Can focus on those!

tamobhuuta 29-09-2022 07:45 PM

I found that when the nurse persuaded me to play table tennis I could focus on it quite well for a little while.

Cacoethes 29-09-2022 07:58 PM

Definitely easier to focus on physical things. Must be just different parts of the brain working

not_so_insig 29-09-2022 08:00 PM

Hello all. I have been in the sea today.

tamobhuuta 30-09-2022 09:22 AM

How was that insig?

And good morning all :)

Cacoethes 30-09-2022 09:24 AM

Morning!

tamobhuuta 30-09-2022 09:48 AM

Hi Cacoethes, how are you?

Cacoethes 30-09-2022 10:11 AM

I'm ok thanks.
Thinking of becoming a doctor and leaving the country
Most countries will only give you a visa if you have a desirable skill. And i don't think bartender counts.

How are you?

Zurg 30-09-2022 10:12 AM

Hi Beckie and Tamo. Hope you're both okay.

Is anyone doing anything exciting today?? I personally feel like this day would be a perfect day to initiate hibernation :D

tamobhuuta 30-09-2022 10:22 AM

Good luck with that Cacoethes!

Hibernation sounds good Zurg.

Either my mum or dad is visiting this morning.

Cacoethes 30-09-2022 10:38 AM

Hey zurg!
Feel like i haven't seen you in a while

It is definitely cold enough for hibernation

I'm going to Norwich with Jasmine. We're both going to stay with my nanny for the weekend.

Thanks tamo

Hope you have a good visit

tamobhuuta 30-09-2022 12:58 PM

My dad visited, it was nice, he was feeling poorly yesterday but better today.

I hope you have a good time with your nanny and Jasmine.

I'm feeling a bit sad because I'm going to miss my prayer group on Sunday.

one_step_closer 30-09-2022 01:07 PM

Is no one else getting torrential rain and high winds? It's wild here and I have an appointment with my psychiatrist soon. I'm going to get soaked if it doesn't calm down.

What country would you live in if you had the chance, Beckie? I hope you enjoy seeing your Nanny.

Zurg, where have you been hiding? I think you must have already started hibernation. How are you doing?

I'm glad you had a nice visit with your Dad, Tamo. That's a shame you'll be missing your prayer group. Does the ward have any groups like that or a minister? I know it wouldn't be the same with strangers though.

tamobhuuta 30-09-2022 01:21 PM

Thing is, it's not just a prayer group, it's part of my identity as a daughter of Carmel.

Cacoethes 30-09-2022 01:22 PM

That's good tamo

No rain here. Little windy but nothing out of the ordinary
Good luck for your appointment

I think either the Netherlands or new Zealand.

It always sucks missing things due to hospital.
But it will still be there when you get back.
Missing a few groups won't change your identity

one_step_closer 30-09-2022 01:23 PM

I'm sorry you're going to miss it. I hope you feel better soon and get back to it, Tamo.

one_step_closer 30-09-2022 01:25 PM

Have you been to those places, Beckie? One of my councellors moved to New Zealand.

Cacoethes 30-09-2022 01:29 PM

Been to Amsterdam but nowhere else in the Netherlands. Haven't been to new Zealand but have always wanted to go. I will go there one day.

tamobhuuta 30-09-2022 02:41 PM

I just worry they will find out about the mentals and chuck me out.

Cacoethes 30-09-2022 02:47 PM

Hopefully not.
Isn't religion all about acceptance and not judging people?

tamobhuuta 30-09-2022 03:30 PM

I'd hope so. I've asked people in the know and they say it's none of their business.

Cacoethes 30-09-2022 03:37 PM

I'm sure you'll be fine.
And if they aren't accepting, are they really worth being around? I wouldn't want to be around people that didn't accept me for who i was.

It is now pouring down with rain. I have to leave for the train station in 20 mins. Lol

one_step_closer 30-09-2022 04:33 PM

The rain and wind died down just before I was leaving the house. So lucky!

I hope the rain stopped for you, Beckie.

I hope everything turns out ok with your group, Tamo, and they accept you as you are. I don't see why illness should mean you can't go back to the group when you're better.

tamobhuuta 30-09-2022 04:56 PM

Thanks guys.

I have no idea what the weather is here! I have the curtains closed. *looks outside* just grey here.

Cacoethes 30-09-2022 05:40 PM

It is very cold and we are on a train platform.
Jasmine has a frappucino and is complaining about being freezing :eyeroll:

Zurg 30-09-2022 05:48 PM

Hi again.
Sorry for disappearing. I am not doing so great and i tend to cut off contact as one of the first things. In spite of me knowing that cutting contact is something i should definetely not do!!!! I am tired, stressed and the symptoms in my body just keep coming. I don't sleep Well because i ache all over. If i take painkillers it upsets my stomach. Rude!!!!

Tamo, i Think your prayer group Will be happy to have you back when you feel better. A lot of people aren't really scared of mental stuff, they just don't really know how to handle it and what to say and such. Maybe if you feel okay with it, you can tell them they can ask you about it??

Sorry about the rude weather, Lindsay. I hope you Got to your appointment and back without being washed away.

I hope you'll have fun at your nan's Beckie. A weekend away sounds like it might cheer you up :)

not_so_insig 30-09-2022 08:37 PM

Hello all.

Cacoethes 30-09-2022 09:33 PM

We're always here for you zurg!

Thank you!
The train was delayed by a lot so we stood in the cold for a long time. And the train was super busy! We luckily managed to nab 2 seats!
At nanny's now and we've had chinese!

Cacoethes 01-10-2022 06:48 AM

Morning everyone!

not_so_insig 01-10-2022 09:08 AM

Morning Beckie how are you doing today? Last day of holidays today :angry:

Cacoethes 01-10-2022 09:18 AM

I'm ok thanks.

Aww. Have you enjoyed yourself?

tamobhuuta 01-10-2022 09:54 AM

Good morning :)

I hope you had a good time insig. Will you be doing anything or just travelling?

Are you up to much Cacoethes?

I've got up for meds and to get dressed but I'm going back to bed because I slept badly.

Cacoethes 01-10-2022 11:14 AM

We've just come to smyths toys superstores. Been here for over 30 minutes. Jasmine can't decide what to get apart from a stitch squishmallow. I've had to come outside for fresh air because the lights were giving me a headache.

Fair enough! Hope you feel more awake when you wake up!

tamobhuuta 01-10-2022 12:29 PM

Thanks, I do. What did Jasmine choose in the end?

I had a nice visit with Mum and my sister. I've put away my clean clothes and made my bed.