RYL Forums

RYL Forums (https://www.recoveryourlife.com/forum/index.php)
-   Veterans Board (https://www.recoveryourlife.com/forum/forumdisplay.php?f=34)
-   -   Virtual Psych ward! (https://www.recoveryourlife.com/forum/showthread.php?t=1312)

SparkleKitten 07-01-2011 07:46 PM

Everyone says the same Crimson. Counsellor thinks she has really deep issues. I have to eat a lot of sugar or even slight bumps will make me pass out.

They're like the Sketchers ones Mark, but these are Thera Olea ones, designed to absorb shock impact from walking more. They're so comfy.

Doikers 07-01-2011 07:49 PM

*Hugs Crimson* Could you find out some non-soda things to help with that , I know you know A TON more about this , Maybe you could put sugar in tea/coffee on Honey in drinks or on toast ?

I'm ....... well I'm not injuring so that good .... Doing my best thats all I can say:S

FlyingNy 07-01-2011 08:02 PM

*Hugs Mark* Keep strong :)

*Hugs Sarah* I second Crimson, you shouldn't listen to her.

*Hugs Crimson* New Year's resolutions are meant to be broken :)

I'm so tired. And my locket's broken. I wear it all the time, and now it won't close and there are teeth marks in it from where I bit it trying to fix it. Not a smart move, I know.

Doikers 07-01-2011 08:05 PM

Oh Lia :( What pictures are in your locket , perhaps you could get them put into a new one?

PoisonedApple 07-01-2011 08:05 PM

Mark ~ I could get glucose tabs and liquid glucose (which I always have on hand just in case) but with as often as I would need it comparatively it would cost a ton and its a 'fast acting'/ 'emergency use' type of deal... if I had to use it too often it could cause it's own set of problems and all in all its better health-wise to drink the soda... as odd and f'ed up as that sounds. As for other things with sugar added, I was considering trying to substitute teas with sugar or honey (some teas taste just plain gross with one but good with the other to me...) but I don't know how much tea I'd have to have to balance it out >.> ...I'll get it figured out eventual I hope it's just in the meantime is worrisome but at least I had already had glucose in my desk as a precaution...
The odd thing is I'm the only one in my family that has this problem... most of my moms side is diabetic... I am the family freak medically speaking.

You can do it! I believe in you. *hugs*

Sarah ~ Glad it wasn't offensive. Is there no way you could move out or stay over at your fiance's more often or something?
And I've been thinking about getting some of those shoes... You'll have to tell me if they work!

SparkleKitten 07-01-2011 08:10 PM

nah not right now, finances are bad for both of us and his family. I'll be updating results don't worry. *hugs Crimson*

Lia, is there anywhere you can take it to be repaired? *snuggles*

*hugs Mark* glad you're not injuring, we're here for you

FlyingNy 07-01-2011 08:50 PM

I guess I could try the jewler's in town, and I could put them in another one,but my mum bought me this locket, and although we're not exactly tight, it wouldn't be the same to just buy another one. I guess I'll give the repair shop a try.

SparkleKitten 07-01-2011 08:55 PM

They might be able to sort it. Is always worth them looking :) *cuddles*

FlyingNy 07-01-2011 09:05 PM

*Cuddles Sarah* How are you now?

I've taken my locket off for now, it's only been off for half an hour and already I have felt for it about 4 times.

SparkleKitten 07-01-2011 09:09 PM

Not too bad. Had counselling today and its at the stage of digging up repressed memories, it runs me down a lot but its helping I think. Its not nice, at all. So tired. >:(

Doikers 07-01-2011 09:11 PM

I know the feeling Lia . I have a pendant I wear 24/7 , in the bath , in bed everywhere . My sister bought it back from The Gambia for me , she descibed me to a local Imam out there and he put a quote from the Koran in it to protect me, I'm not Muslim but My sister gave it to me so yeah I'd feel odd without it .

SparkleKitten 07-01-2011 09:29 PM

Aww Mark thats lovely :)

Doikers 07-01-2011 09:35 PM

It is , It's a little pouch with the Koran quote is it with a little seashell sort of weaved into the front of it . I also have a name braclet and watch that I seldom romove , The name braclet was also a gift from The Gambia and the watch, well I might need to know the time in the bath :P hehe....

SparkleKitten 07-01-2011 09:48 PM

Sounds lovely Mark :)

MammaMia 07-01-2011 09:53 PM

*cuddles everyone*

I have a ring from my best friend that I rarely take off. Only comes off when I'm washing/showering or when I'm at nursery :)

FlyingNy 07-01-2011 09:57 PM

Right. Now I am just pissed off. Since the start of this new year, things have been getting worse and worse. The one person who was a comfort and who has a huge impact on my life is buggering off, my best mate has split up with her fiance, and she just deserves some happiness, it's not fair. I'm going to have the worst birthday. I have a drama exam on my birthday, and the person is leaving around then too, I don't even have that to look forward to anymore, now I've discovered a gem missing from the ring my auntie gave me :'( It's not the biggest deal out of the lot, but that along with my locket breaking and everything else, and it's meant to be the new year I wanted to good start but instead everything's falling apart and it's because I dared to actually say I was happyish. Now I am so far from it, and I'm afraid of what else is going to happen. So much has gone wrong in one week. What can a whole year do?

PoisonedApple 07-01-2011 09:59 PM

*cuddles Lia* it does seem an extension of last year all in all doesn't it?

Doikers 07-01-2011 10:03 PM

*Squishes Helen* How are you hun?

FlyingNy 07-01-2011 10:05 PM

Three of my best friends really need me right now, they all leaning on me, and I'm worried about them, but I'm breaking apart myself. I have an AS exam next week, but there's no way I can pass like this. I'm so worried about my drama practical and everything else and it seems like everything I didn't even know I had is being taken away from me bit by bit. It's not even been a fu*ki*g week of the new year and already I want out.

*Hugs Crimson*

MammaMia 07-01-2011 10:07 PM

*squishes Lia* Things will get better sweetheart. You've just had a bad week & that's okay. We all have them when we want things to go right. It is tough. Do you think you can cope with your best friends leaning on you? You need to look after number 1 sweetheart.

*squishes Mark* I'm good. Just all emotional. Haven't spoken to my best friend :'( I was asleep when she texted to say she could call :'( :'( Probably won't get to call me til tomorrow now. Been so excited all day dammit :(