RYL Forums

RYL Forums (https://www.recoveryourlife.com/forum/index.php)
-   Veterans Board (https://www.recoveryourlife.com/forum/forumdisplay.php?f=34)
-   -   Virtual Psych ward! (https://www.recoveryourlife.com/forum/showthread.php?t=1312)

BWchick 23-03-2011 03:35 AM

I agree with Oliver. I'm alright. Not as stressed about my paper now that I have two pages done.

ˈsäləˌterē 23-03-2011 03:41 AM

I don't like milk, but I'll see if we have any orange juice.

frenchhorn 23-03-2011 03:42 AM

fair enough, I drink far too much milk, but some fruit juice would be good *hugs Solo*

*hugs megz* well done on the 2 pages :)

misskitty112 23-03-2011 03:45 AM

Mission: Have a breakdown in a crowded room. Accomplished. :/

On an unrelated (I guess) note:
The following content has been hidden - Reason : because some people may not want to read this.
I'm on my period, and it's really triggering me. I can't figure out why, other than I feel dirty and disgusting... You know, that's probably why, but anyway. It's a natural thing, I shouldn't be THIS triggered by it.

And back to your regularly scheduled programming. One day I won't be so selfish.... I promise.

*leaves hugs for everyone*

ˈsäləˌterē 23-03-2011 03:48 AM

Ok, I promise, I'm not trying to be difficult! We don't have any orange juice.

BWchick 23-03-2011 03:57 AM

do you have any fruit?

ˈsäləˌterē 23-03-2011 04:01 AM

Yeah, but that would be eating food.

BWchick 23-03-2011 04:03 AM

ok. do you have oranges? or lemons?

frenchhorn 23-03-2011 04:03 AM

*hugs Solo, Felicia and megz* I'm going to try and sleep as its 3am here.
night night, take care all love ya all wardies

ˈsäləˌterē 23-03-2011 04:08 AM

Yeah, I have oranges.

BWchick 23-03-2011 04:19 AM

Night Oliver!

then you can make your own orange juice :)

Doikers 23-03-2011 11:39 AM

*Hugs Megz*
*Hugs Lia*
*Hugs Crimson*
*Hugs Felicia*
*Hugs Oliver*
*Hugs Solo*

How is everyone this Morning?

BWchick 23-03-2011 03:43 PM

working on my paper :P how about you?

one_step_closer 23-03-2011 04:10 PM

I went to visit a women's library this morning where I might be volunteering. I don't know how I feel about it. How is everyone else?

Doikers 23-03-2011 05:15 PM

Cool Megz :)

I'm currently trying to find volunteer work too Lindsay , I didn't know there was such a thing as a womans Library though.

PoisonedApple 23-03-2011 05:56 PM

*hugs all*
I didn;t know my gran had so much stuff... even after downsizing and moving she had over 300 pieces of clothes! i thought a simple list of stuff that was short would do it when it came to telling my dad what I wanted but she had so much stuff he needs clarification on everything... :(

ˈsäləˌterē 23-03-2011 06:06 PM

~hugs every single wardie~

Doikers 23-03-2011 06:08 PM

*Hugs Crimson* I'm sorry you are having issues hun *Extra Squish*

*Hugs Solo*

ˈsäləˌterē 23-03-2011 06:35 PM

Thanks Mark!

tifflehan 23-03-2011 07:17 PM

Can I join in? I have (((((HUGS)))))

BWchick 23-03-2011 07:25 PM

why yes you can! *Group Huggles*

PoisonedApple 23-03-2011 07:26 PM

The following content has been hidden - Reason : "in the end:
for clothes, purses and hats I told him my measurements and told him to send me everything that size and to send matching coats, purses and hats and do whatever with the stuff that doesn't match... seemed easier than him sending me details and pics for everything and if it doesn't fit or i don't like it i can donate or sell it. shoes i said i'd take em all since we wore the same size and what i don't like i can give to a co worker or the women's shelter. she had more of my gramp's wood carvings than we knew she did so my dad is spliting em with me... ironically the one i knew she had that i wanted he didn't want so we don't have to bicker over it and i don;t have to wait to have it. he thinks because it doesn't work i shouldn't bother with the coocoo clock but its more a sentimental wall piece to me than a clock so i told him that and we'll see if he decides to send it or not. my gran had a knee length leather coat and matching gloves that still had the tags on (and ironically a matching but not bought together briefcase) so i am getting that as well as her mink stole that i never knew she had but apparently she got it from gramp in the 50s... i get all of her good jewelry that he doesn't keep (he's putting the big diamond back into gramps ring - after he died she put it in a ring for her and put a smaller one in his and gave it to dad but with the smaller diamond it just didn't look right) and giving me the 'better pieces' of her costume jewelry... splitting the pics after he sorts them out. etc, etc...i get the bedding stuffs since i have a queen size bed and he doesn't. and i get all of grampie's mason stuff (he was a past master and had carved things for his lodge and had some other stuff - dad didn't list it all out) him being a mason is the main thing i remember about grampie (he died in '96) so since dad didn't want it I did. blah blah blah he isn't done sorting but that seems to be the bulk of it.
all in all since we're splitting most things and I'm getting most of the things I remembered and wanted I'm satisfied and the things he's keeping I will get eventually anyway as he was the only child and I am his only child, excluding the stuff my great-uncle's wife finagled her way into getting (and my great uncles portion of the sale price -appraisal- of the home itself) we were the only ones getting these things anyway and so they'll be passed on yet while he's around to enjoy them himself he has his portion. *nods*

Well that was long but ya know... no one need bother reading just a run down of some of the insanity of things my gran had... she had 40 pair of shoes that she had worn once or never for crying out loud! *shakes head* definitely a pack rat... a family trait I am trying to weed out before it's too late for yet another generation /mini rant

So how is all of you's day going?

PoisonedApple 23-03-2011 07:27 PM

*huggles everyone and squishes Mark*

ˈsäləˌterē 23-03-2011 07:28 PM

Tiffany! Please join in! It's great to see you! ~hugs~

frenchhorn 23-03-2011 07:29 PM

*hugs you all* i'm slowly falling asleep, but should go to the gym

Doikers 23-03-2011 07:34 PM

*Hugs Crimson*

*Hugs Oliver*

*Hugs Solo*

*Hugs Megz*

*Hugs tifflehan*

BWchick 23-03-2011 08:16 PM

I just realized something... this is a hug heavy thread :) I like it that way!

*Hugz Mark*

*Hugz Oliver*

*Hugz Crimson*

*Hugz Solo*

*Hugz Tiff*

PoisonedApple 23-03-2011 08:39 PM

indeed it is Megz!
*squishes* some days we just become the hug thread temporarily when we all are too busy or aren't up for chatting lol

*hugs Oliver* think of it this way, you can go to the gym later or even work out without the gym but if you fall asleep on the treadmill or something that could be awful! so sleep now work out later!

*glomps Mark* -pokes- How are you?

*huggles Solo* Did you have your OJ?

Doikers 23-03-2011 09:07 PM

*Pokes Crimson Back* Well, I'm sober , utterly although I was aware I was sluring my speech on the phone to my Mum I don't know why. I did injure though , Coulden't help it......

PoisonedApple 23-03-2011 09:11 PM

well one thing at a time, one day at a time. so one rather than both is good progress... as for the speech, I'd guess stress or anxiety maybe? that's happened to me before.

Louise 23-03-2011 09:13 PM

hugs everyone

Doikers 23-03-2011 09:17 PM

Yeah I guess Anxiety mixed with tiredness Crimson. I just hope she didn't think I was drunk :(

*Hugs Louise*

PoisonedApple 23-03-2011 09:19 PM

*hugs Louise*
*hugs Mark* She may, she may not. If she asks just tell her the truth, you hadn't been drunk just tired and anxious.

Doikers 23-03-2011 09:22 PM

yeah , Thats a good idea Crimson . My parents are away on Mothers Day so we are doing it this weekend I'm worried there will be alcohol . FREE alcohol , I'm not exactly outside of temptation hmmmmm

PoisonedApple 23-03-2011 09:27 PM

I totally understand the temptation factor.... Not quite the same thing but I'm sitting in my office for all of lunch to avoid the 'ice cream social' in the break room. I cave way to easy when deliciousness is offered to me...

Doikers 23-03-2011 09:29 PM

I cave in easily too Crimson , Not really for ice-cream but other stuff most definatley.

PoisonedApple 23-03-2011 09:33 PM

if i were there and it were socially acceptable i'd just eat the caramel lol but i'm eating nuts, carrots and fruit and they are delicious and healthy.

Doikers 23-03-2011 09:40 PM

I eat quite a bit of fruit , I get my 5 in before I even start on my meals :) I am on a budget though so I buy whatever types on offer .

PoisonedApple 23-03-2011 09:42 PM

*nods* we get them on sale too... this week was strawberries buy one get one free :D i'm going to have to dehydrate some for when i next make 'oatmeal packets' lol

Doikers 23-03-2011 09:44 PM

How do you dehydrate them , In the microwave? Or is there a special peice of kit you use?

Louise 23-03-2011 09:48 PM

sorry for being useless

Billy! 23-03-2011 09:49 PM

*Curls up*

Doikers 23-03-2011 09:51 PM

*Hugs Louise* You're not useless hun , Why do you think that ?

*Hugs Charlie* How are you hun?

Louise 23-03-2011 09:52 PM

i feel i let people down or so i get told. grrrrrrrrrrrrr feel down tonight due to some people

PoisonedApple 23-03-2011 09:54 PM

You are not useless Louise! *huggles*

Mark, I have an older version of this that a friend gave me (they hadn't used it in over 5 yrs) after my oster brand one blew a fuse and quit working. I made fruit leathers yesterday. They're good for making all kinds of things (meat jerky - i've made salmon, beef and moose; fruit chips; raisins (or craisins or other berry raisins); potato chips; etc).

Billy! 23-03-2011 09:56 PM

*Hugs Mark*
I just......give up.

PoisonedApple 23-03-2011 09:58 PM

wow got busy in here real quick!
*cuddles Charlie*
be back in an hour or so (gotta cover the front desk for R's lunch)
*cuddles all*

Doikers 23-03-2011 09:58 PM

Hey that looks Fun Crimson!

*Squishes Louise* You're not useless hun , try to ignore horrid comments people make?

Doikers 23-03-2011 10:02 PM

Whats up Charlie ?

Billy! 23-03-2011 10:09 PM

I just...These urges. They've been at least once a day for the past 29 days and I've fought through all of them. I've use every skill I can think of, every distraction, self soothing activity, everything. But I can't anymore. The last few days it's just been constant. I can't fight it anymore. I can manage tonight cause I'm not at home. But tomorrow....It's just not gonna happen.